Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 spy shots pop up
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2013, 07:48 posted on
The thing looks as the larger brother of the Galaxy S III and Note II, complete with an elliptical home button at the bottom when held in portrait mode...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its an iPad mini competitor...so you'll see it on $250-300 price point..
but on the look wise, iPad mini slayed it..even though note 8 has better specs but ipad mini is made with premium looking materials and aluminum... while this one is merely plastic..
9. maxis3G (unregistered)
I will buy
15. _Bone_ (Posts: 2107; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
For $250 with a microSD slot, me too. The only competition would be a doubled CPU/GPU-core Nexus 10.
22. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Actually, the iPad is made of cheap materials. You can literally bend it with an small amount of pressure.
30. _Bone_ (Posts: 2107; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Also, there's so much space between subpixels that you can see your fingers on the other side.
32. rf1975 (Posts: 241; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Really, Hey guys we have a genius here. Who knows lot about built quality. Man just send your CV to Samsung.
37. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That shows exactly what others have always said about why people buy ianything... "looks." Performance does not matter according to you.
46. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Plastics will become premium once Apple releases Al-Zebra (not Algebra) phones along with Math :D
51. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i have a tab 2 7 inch lte. its comprised of plastic but its pretty heavy with a case. tablets in the 7 to 8 inch range should be light, portable, and data capable outside of lte.
if its heavy its a pain in the arse especially when you can't sit still like me and constantly changing angles, body position, while holding the tablet mid-air
55. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Samsung please dont use plastic again for gs iv, really hate it feels cheap and not luxurious
25. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1316; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
oh look ....a One X is sneaking around
31. rf1975 (Posts: 241; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
When Apple release iPAD people blame / described it as big iPOD/iPhone,
Guys isn't this look like a big S3.
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
looks exactly the same with this hyundai T7...
29. maxis3G (unregistered)
maybe they partner with hyundai...
34. s.mrabet (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
when i look at this hyundai, i see a big SGS3!!!
from the corners to the home button to the positioning of the back camera`, speaker and flashlight!!!!
40. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Hyundai's T7 looks more like a smaller Nexus 10 (which is a Samsung design) with a home button while this one looks like a Galaxy SIII MAXI!
3. Titanicology (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Lol, it's like someone found Goliath's S3!
4. GTR722 (Posts: 223; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Holy cow...it looks horrible....hope the design "grown on us" like the GS3
5. tech2 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
if its priced somewhere near Nexus 7 it would sell like sh*t !!!!
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1316; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
good thing is ...it will , consider this as the "s3 of Mini tablets"
8. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 416; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
what have they done to the design??? O_o
11. CorianU (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
That design is awful. I already have a Note 2, why would I want the same thing but bigger?
12. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 49; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
At least they should have make it look like the Tab 2
13. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
looks like hyundai t7 tablet lolhttp://blog.gsmarena.com/hyund
43. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
How about you go say that to Apple bro....same style and layout since I was a teenager.
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks great :-) .. I had the tab 2 (P3100).. It was too slow,, if this has 4G phone/SMS, ill buy
18. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Finally a tablet without on screen button... hate them they just come in the way... Looks like my nexus 7 will be gone soon.
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
DA fork? Home button? You insane Sammy? Please get rid of it already.... Stop trying at it =_=
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
Maybe Sammy wanna make the device horizontally comfortable, just like iPad mini :)
27. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the first galaxy tab was "horizontal"
54. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
First galaxy tab was horizontally comfortable, and second one too but why include this home button when its not needed because we have touch ones instead
21. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Hate how it looks the price is so attractive and it looks terrible its like a big note 2 and although it has last years tech, in my opinion its still relevant as opposed to the dual-core enclosed in the iPad mini they just need to get rid of those buttons then ill be waiting in line for this one (yea i do believe there will be a line for it)
23. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
get rid of the home button and make it landscape orientation, then it's like the nexus 10 mini.
52. bparkerson (unregistered)
What???...I just don't get it. Digging a physical home button. ..What??? The physical buttons are the only thing I cant stand with these new Samsung devices. Don't get me wrong I love Samsung , but I wont buy another without on screen buttons!
28. dorianb (Posts: 356; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Physical Home button & the bezel in portrait mode is STILL too big. *sigh*
36. dan_md (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Oct 2010)
It has come to the point where the pebble design language has become a tiresome design. Sure, it would be cheap but not at the expense of creativity. The Nexus 7, which costs less, looks every bit a premium and more ergonomically sound than the knee-jerk Apple iPad mini.
38. steelicon (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
I would have preferred Galaxy Note 10.1 design and at least an LED flash with front facing camera (which this one has, apparently).
39. skymitch89 (Posts: 1040; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Funny how the person has a "Note 8.0" but also has what looks to be an HTC One X.
41. Crowsticks (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Why would it have a speaker grate if it's a tablet...
This looks just like a Galaxy S3 but stretched out.
I honestly think it's a fake picture...
42. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
a large note2, nothing else.
even there is some kind of retardation in it as far as there is no sign of stylus.
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
noooooooo, lose the home and capacative keys! >>
45. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
meh. looks like a huge note 2. and i already got a nexus 7 with almost the same specs. waitinf for nexus 7.7 full HD ,,,
48. flipjzn (Posts: 129; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I can never get over why Samsung can't come up with a nicely build product. My GS3 is scratch and has cracks all over. I wish specs + good quality build would be on top of their list this year.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 10504; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sammy making their new tablets look like their phones. Hmmmm wonder where they got that idea. Great looking device by the way.
53. ashb22 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
That home button seems out of place on a tablet.