Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 release date set for end-March, priced slightly higher than iPad mini
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2013, 02:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has by now leaked here and there. What’s interesting and new however is that the Galaxy Note 8.0 will launch at…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
$250 would be the sweet spot, same as the Nexus 7.
Otherwise, it's overpriced.
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
agree ....but 299 is acceptable ,..but i think samsung is planning to release their galaxy tab series at that cost
18. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i dont get y a physical button while theres on-screen touch buttons......
10. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
too many choice!!!
lets see the review....
how it perfoms and then I will decide :)
13. nikenturd (unregistered)
Comparing a Tegra 3 vs an overclocked quad Mali ? theyre not even on the same league boy....
15. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i don't think the chipsets are the concern here ...most people give no concern ...they wan't a working device ,and as far as everything goes the Nexus 7 is unbeatable because of its simplicity ...note 8.0 will have to deal it with the nexus 7 (2nd gen)
16. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1259; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Even 300 Euros should be OK, but I think Samsung is really over their heads when it comes to tablets. Anyway, let's see what the final price will be when it is finally on the market.
17. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I hope that its priced around $300 because it shouldnt be overpriced like the iPad mini is!! Since I dont have the Note II (AT&T) in my possesion, this would be a great compliment
23. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but according to this comparison (features, capabilities):
goo [dot] gl/OW9X8
this should cost 3x more than iOS devices :)
24. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
With my birthday coming up, It'll either be the Note 8.0 or the Nexus 7 as a birthday present. I hope that the Note 8.0 isnt overpriced!!
The Note II was already overpriced when it came out and I hope that the Note 8.0 doesnt follow suit
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Would love one if it makes it to tmobile.
14. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
its great but it has very ugly design...& looks like sgn2 is resize to get sgsn 8.0....
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1039; Member since: 07 May 2012)
...I think its ugly as hell. Looks wise? iPad mini wins...but thats the only thing it can win in haha
6. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. Galaxy S3 Oversized is ugly. They should have sticked with the original Note 10 design.
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
agree ...it looks like a Nintendo DS
4. wando77 (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Bezels are way too big. Otherwise prefer this to iPad mini
9. bparkerson (unregistered)
I simply don't like the fact that all Samsung products look the same including the S3, Ativ, Note 2, all the new 2nd rate budget based devices, and now the Note 8. Hell, even the new S4 is rumored to have the same look. The only distinguishing factor, cosmetically, is shear size! Running this look into the ground wouldn't ya think? It's like listening to the same song over and over no matter the tempo, it still gets old!
11. nikenturd (unregistered)
Im gonna get this ....the Wacom stylus is great on my Note 2 but I want a bigger screen to exploit its full potential....functionality wise, it thrashes the Mini
12. nikenturd (unregistered)
Wacom.technology dont come cheap...plus its 'almost' a Note 2, performance wise it beats the Nexus 7 by a comfortable margin....the price is justifiable IMO
19. JunBringer (Posts: 114; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Now I'm tempted to sell my Note 2 and use the 3G (hopefully hspa+) model of this since I don't use it as a phone.
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Overpriced. If above 300 it's a waste ...