Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 now official with improved S Pen tech and Smart Remote mode
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:00
After months of speculation, the mid-sized warrior in Samsung's Note family is finally official. The aptly named Galaxy Note 8.0 sports an 8-inch 1280x800 pixels display clocking 189ppi pixel density - a tad higher than the direct competitor Apple's iPad mini...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techguy22 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:07 8
no. i want tab3 with full HD under 400 dollars. nexus 7 is still the winner.
18. Jeradiah3 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 22:39 4
Well, I have my answer..............im going to get the Nexus 7 32GB! Couldnt affford the Note II because of price and the Note 8.0 will follow the same suit
37. PhenomFaz posted on 24 Feb 2013, 05:58 2
stop complaining mate!
Nexus 7 is a great tab but this is a different product altogether...its a Note! The sheer productivity and fun you can have with this is way beyond Nexus 7 and this starts at US $350! so whats the problem?
And i dont get all the fuss about screen-res...people have laptops and desktops with 1080p screens and dont complain so I dont see why a 1280x800res isnt good enough for an 8 inche screen?
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:10 13
This is definitely a new era of portability and every day productivity. That new Spen will definitely prove it's greatness here on the Galaxy Note 8 but also on the upcoming Galaxy Note 3 in October 2013. Can't wait for both.
3. moronman66 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:14 8
I don't really see the point in an 8 inch tablet when there are 10 inch tablets, but I guess if you want one, this will be one to seriously consider
9. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:48 4
Discourages people from using their tablet to take pictures. Smart decision. Not a failure.
39. nazyr1803 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 06:32 0
well its better using tablet coz easy for me to edit and share...i live in malaysia and many people nowadays using tablet to capture a picture
10. imkyle posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:52 6
lol I see people taking pictures with their iPad's in the mirror and they look so stupid. You never see an Android Tablet coming up in mirror pictures ;)
40. nazyr1803 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 06:33 0
not for me..i only use the back camera not the front..
5. kclgphilsbsa posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:29 0
i want this but hmm no led flash, im thinking more
6. InspectorGadget80 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:30 0
I'm going too think very hard either the 8.0 or XPERIA TABLET Z. Since this one works with SAMSUNG SMART TV'S so beautiufl ain't it
7. PhoenixWright posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:40 2
I'll help you. Get the Tablet Z. Its cooler looking, water resistant, dust resistant, + its design looks like it's gonna make you smile longer before making you want to change to another tablet :D
11. spiderpig2894 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:55 0
and the XTZ will work on compatible BRAVIA TVs
22. shuaibhere posted on 23 Feb 2013, 23:39 1
Don't fall in the beauty.... go for functionality...
And my doubt why are you confusing between tablet and smartphone???
27. pimpollofelice123 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 02:28 0
Actually he is talking about two tablets. The Galaxy Note 8 by Samsung and the Xperia Tablet Z by Sony.
33. Aaron_R96 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 04:41 0
Hey, here's my advice, really it depends what you want, the Note will undoubtedly be better for travel/transportation, and also perhaps reading books and slightly better for some (Samsung apps) productivity. However, the Xperia Tab Z is gonna be better for multimedia, so films, music, gaming etc etc, it will also be superior for web browsing and has a better build quality and design - as such, expect the tablet Z to cost a tad more, although I can't see the note 8.0 being cheap despite it being in the 7-8" category.
p.s. the remote function on the XTZ works with all TV's - my old Tablet S' remote worked with my Grundig (yes, who are they!?) TV :) Hope this helps!
8. scsa852k posted on 23 Feb 2013, 20:42 3
Samsung now have smartphones and tablets in any size you ask for.
38. ayephoner posted on 24 Feb 2013, 06:29 1
....and they all have the same (or very similar) name(s).
Does anyone else think this creates a bit of confusion? Those of us that follow this stuff closely know whats up, but I have a feeling your average consumer will be very confused by this trend.
12. cR203 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:09 0
Based on looks and specs I can say that this isn't a bad tablet. But the price is what will make it or break it.
13. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:20 3
i hate that they've gone back to the "let's make a giant phone" philosophy.
14. thelegend6657 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:23 8
The only reason anyone will buy this is because of the Samsung logo !
If you want good design get an iPad Mini .
If you want good specs and good value go for Nexus 7
And for that price range you can get great 10inch tablets like the Sony Xperia Tablet Z
15. thelegend6657 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:27 3
Not to mention the screen wasn't even IPS and its late to the game
17. kclgphilsbsa posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:40 2
tablet Z is on that price range?
if thats tru then i might get tablet Z :D
im thinking of not8 not because of the brand!
i want Spne and Touchwiz capabilities.
23. shuaibhere posted on 23 Feb 2013, 23:43 1
Accept the truth...
To say this you haven't use any spen device till now...
i have to laugh at you for saying this...
35. thelegend6657 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 05:21 2
I tried it in the store .
Its good but it wasn't a must have feature . A glorified stylus
16. cR203 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:31 0
There is a hands on video of it on android central YouTube channel.
21. keepkool posted on 23 Feb 2013, 23:17 0
...through its IR BLASTER..
.wait .. what?? infrared? reminded me of tv remote control in nokia 6600.. now wonder why nokia was giant.. 9 years later same technology returns from another giant...
24. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Feb 2013, 23:43 1
IR Blasters aren't a new thing. Moto has it on their Xyboard Tablets, Samsung had them on the Galaxy Tab 2 variants and HTC has it on the One.
25. jibraihimi posted on 23 Feb 2013, 23:54 2
Samsung always disappoint with their specs, the more success they are seeing in Android world the more complacent they are becoming like apple......... I was expecting atleast FullHd screen and little leas bezel on this note.......... and instead of using last year's Quadcore exynos, they could have used Snapdragon 600 processor, if their exynos octa is still not ready for the primetime......... Kinda disappointed with sammy again...........
28. Feanor posted on 24 Feb 2013, 02:30 3
I agree. Average design, average specs... if the price is as high as they are speculating, I don't see any value on this...
31. maccess posted on 24 Feb 2013, 04:18 1
still much2 better than the current ipad mini... and i never think last year quad core exynos was average.. it's good enough with 2gb of ram.. you can check how smooth its performance on youtube.. plenty hands on videos already..
26. sunny316 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 00:56 0
The S-Pen can emulate back and home physical buttons on even Note 2 using the S-Pen button and gestures. Please edit that part.
32. maccess posted on 24 Feb 2013, 04:21 2
but very ergonomic and great performance plus it has the spen with lots of features from touchwiz.. and i bet it will has reasonable price.. not bad..
41. ronjr123 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 08:42 0
I have been looking for a replacement for my xoom. I have the Note 2 and use the spen everyday for making sketches and taking notes while on the phone and in meetings. I used to use sticky notes all of the time. Cant wait! I know I will use this everyday!