Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 leaks out with benchmarks, iPad mini competitor coming at MWC?
0. phoneArena 17 Jan 2013, 05:55 posted on
Samsung is Samsung because of being able to pull things like this, this fast - ladies and gents, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has surfaced…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 329; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Note (5.3), Samsung Galaxy Note II (5.5), Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
24. rihel_95 (Posts: 110; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
atleast Sammy should beef up the resolution (coz its made for digital art) keeping the price in mind!
27. sid07desai (Posts: 233; Member since: 03 May 2012)
What next? Galaxy Note 20.1 ? 4k resolution anyone?
2. TIrrodan92 (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Business As Usual! however to low specs yet. we need more from Sammy!
3. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Beware of Samsung LCD light bleed. They are trying to tell me its "normal" on the nexus 10.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Sammy is giving more size options for consumers in smartphones and tables which is a very great deal. This note8 will be an awesome addition to the galaxy series!
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 1750; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'd get an A15 fullHD 8-incher around $300, and after Nexus 4-7-10 I think we're getting there, but a 2012-tech low-res tab probably in the late 300s... nah. Better wait for hopefully a 12" 2600k Note with octa-core.
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2704; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So samsung gets a "Stylus" to that size even before Apple has time to really have a working prototype of their recently patented "Active Stylus".
8. Victor.H (Posts: 327; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Think price here. In comparison, Apple released the iPad mini with 2 year-old specs.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 1750; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Polaroid will come out with a 7" tablet for $129 and 10" for $229. Where do you think a 8" Note should land?
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2704; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
ipad mini (16GB) in India on ebay sells for around $400.
This would interest me if it sells for $300.00 or less. Anything above that is a waste. It has to be priced $100 below mini to make any impact. But i doubt if this would come at that price. Let's see.
16. protozeloz (Posts: 5189; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Unlike Polaroid this is a brand backed product... It could easily sell lots
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Couldn't agree with you more, those specs seem reasonable enough if they want to make a tablet with a price range that is less or equal to the iPad mini
21. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm well aware of that.
And I see Samsung trying to follow on the same logic but it's a very short sighted and dumb approach.
They're very wrong if they think they can just mash up the ingredients like that and expect people to react like they are being served with The Brand.
Apple iPad mini is far more than just a sum of its parts.
11. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
If you want the specs just wait for second gen nexus 7 im sure its gonna use Next gen A15 chips with low proce
12. ultimatebatman (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Samsung already had a 7.7 inch tab, So Apple DID NOT invent a category. Also, All tablets need pens to be more than just kiddie toys.
13. ajac09 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
so go buy a different pen and bam your "toy" is now more then that lol
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5189; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
While I agree that saying Samsung made the 7' category and it was a matter of time before they had it done A note that size, it is competing with the iPad....
I don't think this idea is 2 months old tho we have been talking about 7+' note tablet for some time now so this is much older than. That
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5189; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yes!!! Come to papa! I don't have anything to hate on my nexus 7 but compared with the stylus I need to use on it I would prefer the Spen at least for Photoshop and taking notes 100 cheaper than the iPad would be enough for me.... Also please don't make it as big, but as pocketable as the nexus7 I can carry that thing in my pants!
I've been asking for this months ago :D
17. TylerGrunter (Posts: 705; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
If this beauty ends upd below 250 Euros it will be mine!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 7799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsung is creating a major brand, and a darn good one too
23. kingcombo78 (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
niiceee..... looking forward on how this will turn out..but im still gettin the note 10.1
25. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 884; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I would buy this tablet. this would be a first to have an 8in tablet. for it to have the same features as the rest of the Galaxy Note family is a plus. probably the only downfall to this is that its not LTE equipped, but thats ok because most people would get the WiFi version like the Nexus 7
26. BadAssAbe (Posts: 433; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Samsung Is the best because of their Super AMOLED screen and processors i think.
They should try to make a 7in tablet with Super AMOLED screen.
I think they are making a 6.1in Note phone, So they're almost there.
I hate the "blacks" on LCD screen, more like really dark greys
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Wait a minute why put in the title ipad mini competitor? Havent 7" screen been out long before ipad mini. U guys have to change the title galaxy tab been out for a year
29. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i'd take the note 8 with full HD. otherwise i have no interest in any ipad mini or note 8.
30. shamataa (Posts: 197; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I don't think it will 400. Knowing Samsung they are smart unlike Apple they actually price it at a Reasonably(can't stress this enough) price point like 300 for Wi-Fi only model and 320 and up for 3G models. They want to make you happy:).
31. GTR722 (Posts: 193; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Screen is old tech to be honest....Amazon did a 8.9 screen with 1200p...and IPS....this is not even IPS
33. taz89 (Posts: 1771; Member since: 03 May 2011)
ummm have you not heard of the the tab 7.7 which is close to 8 and came out long before the ipad mini..''It took Samsung only two months after the launch of the iPad mini in November to come up with an 8-inch tablet of its own'' you try to make it sound like the only reason samsung are making a 8'' tab is because apple made an ipad mini and that apple made a small tablet before samsung...some of these writers just cant hide there love for some companies...