Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 hands-on
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 06:10 posted on
Ah, traditions, such a wonderful thing! Samsung used last year's MWC as a stage to announce the Note 10.1 tablet, so it was only fitting for us to see another Note device at MWC 2013. Enter the Galaxy Note 8.0, which will proudly take the empty seat between the Note II and Note 10.1 as a compact tablet designed to be used with a special stylus, which Samsung lovingly calls "S Pen."...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Seems like a winner to me! and improved S-Pen just sweetens the deal!
18. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
winner , if the price is 299$ or else better off with nexus or even mini
2. catt4u (Posts: 66; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
This is the perfect replacement for my Huawei Ideos S7 which I bought it because you can make phonecalls with it over 3G.
It has the best hardware specs in its class!
Looks like my Note II which I personally find a plus (although taste is something personal)
3. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
They should put some effort in new design, it is getting boring.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1020; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It is boring and UGLY, gosh really awful!
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I have to agree, I'm one of Samsung's biggest fans and this is just hideous beyond belief, that bezel....
16. papss (unregistered)
Looks like everything else they make just bigger... To me it's what apple has been doing for years and has been getting smashed for by fanboys... It looks cheap and the design is horrendous, typical SS
12. ajac09 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
okay you make one and let us judge your "original design"
14. rd_nest (Posts: 1050; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Yes. True. But I guess Samsung wants to completely stay away from Apple-patended-rounded-corner designs.
Also, I think they feel as long as the design is selling, they don't want to change it. As the saying goes -- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
27. Kraken108Unleashed (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
With all of Samsung's designs, they are actually good but that design really shouldn't be meant to be overused and it gets boring and annoying after too long. They also look too cheap, except the the Note 2, it doesn't look that cheap to me for some reason even though it looks like a bigger twin to the s3 o.0
4. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
im starting to like its look . not bad
13. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
the design is great. only people who are saying it's ugly are butthurt samsung haters rofl
17. papss (unregistered)
No you are just a blind fanboy
19. maccess (Posts: 656; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
performance and features are everything for me.. yeah note 8.0 definitely not a good looking device.. but that's the reason why i never choose nokia wp.. i don't need good looking phone but inferior OS..
20. papss (unregistered)
inferior OS is your opinion but cheap made products are a fact coming out of SS... I don't expect anything less coming out of Korea though.
21. maccess (Posts: 656; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
well sorry to say but the korean is the leader now.. and sorry to say again but you sounds bit racist...
22. papss (unregistered)
sorry to say there was nothing racist at all with that comment. maybe you are overly sensitive
5. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Galaxy S III stretched to the limits...poor design
9. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Personally, I'm ok with the bezel. On a phone a small bezel is good as the phone sits in your palm so your thumb doesn't touch the device when you're just holding it. When holding a tablet, you tend to need to put your thumb on the front to balance it. The bezel size allows the thumb to be placed on the device without putting finger prints on the screen.
10. Hemlocke (unregistered)
If it has touch rejection, it doesn't need that bezel. The iPad Mini has a thin side bezel because it has that, but this isn't even about Apple vs Samsung, because Sammy uses the same technology on the N1 & N2.
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
needs to be come out at 299/349 but rumor is they will price it the same if not higher then the ipad mini. Beyond that its kind of ugly but I know its designed for one handed use
23. pemiwo (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
If this can make phone calls I'm ditching my Note II! lol.
24. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
This is fantastic Sammy! Amazing design! Other tablets cannot compare!! I read the benchmark and the fact that it outdone HTC one was just shocking!!
You HTCfanboys and wp7fanboys just stop wining!
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why is this douche bag still doing reviews and hands on on ANDROID for? they need too get rid of RAY S. period. BUT STILL l love the international version with the SIM CARD SLOT.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14126; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ray S. great review as always. Keep em coming.