Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 gets international pricing (hint: it won't be cheap)
0. phoneArena 29 Jan 2013, 06:07 posted on
We realize it's a bit early, but some retailers obviously don't have any time to waste. Although we're expecting Samsung to officially announce the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet a few weeks later, at MWC 2013, some Austrian retailers have already put a price next to the name of the anticipated gadget...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I thought tablets were supposed to be getting cheaper?
25. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1040; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
why? first of all the prices in US will be different as tech goods in europe almost always cost 25% higher due to heavy taxes. and secondly at around $600 this wouldnt be too bad since the Note 2 also comes around the same price unlocked and in the US folks can always pick it up on contract....so whats the problem here?
26. lilhart (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
The problem is the resolution, Note II and Note 8.0 if have the same resolution it would not do any good. They need to have same PPI, you know wht I mean.
31. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
The note 2 is a phone. This is a tablet. Big difference.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1117; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
who cares , its like saying a lamborghini can beat a subaru ...but it costs a insane amount for a light tablet in a time when people are going through hardships
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1117; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
epic fail here sorry to say ...for the same price ,i can get a Tf700 and a nexus 7 , or 3 nexus 7's ...or even a 32gb iPad ...this is a fail ,had so many hopes for 250-299 bucks
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
A good looking device would never be cheap tho :)
8. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1117; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
what about the Hyundai t7 .....same looks as the "note 8" but costs 1 / 5th of the price
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
This has revolutionary stylus dude :)
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1117; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
a waycom stylus ? ....i can get a waycom bamboo stylus and a bamboo pad (for less than 200 bucks ) , connect it to my pc or tablet and call it a day :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v
15. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you call this good looking??
this is just the pressed version of note2.
5. half_21 (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
Too expensive...it would be reasonable for it to be priced at $450 for the 32gb if it has full hd screen...but $645 is just too much if it wants to compete with the ipad mini's price..
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1117; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i was hoping the 16 gb version will be around 300 , Samsung has the capacity ( hyundai showed that you can have a exynos 4412 tablet for 165 bucks ) they just want to look more premuim
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Asking nearly double the price of your main competitor isn't how you do business, Samsung.
You want to charge that much and still have people buy it over the iPad mini, you better give them a higher res display at the least.
18. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
it looks already cheap, so dont expect so high with its build quality, what ever sammy call to their build materials it still PLASTIC!!
sorry the thruths hurts
28. taz89 (Posts: 1766; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yep your right it's plastic but stronger plastic known as polycarbonate the same used by many others like HTC and nokia it's also known... Build quality is not just material but how well it's screwed together... Have never had an issue with the s2 or s3 build wise...
16. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
But it's so ugly .
Samsung is making an experiment , they make a ugly device and make it expensive .
The hypothesis is that people will still buy it because of the Samsung brand
17. cR203 (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
If they really do decide to price it that high in the us i dont think it will beat the ipad mini. It would be too expensive.
19. techspace (Posts: 374; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
now, it looks like $329 for an ipad mini is very reasonable, for its looks, build quality and also because it can run latest OS, the latest apps and games for years, there are many tablet apps in the app store and the other important point to be considered, is that if you want an 8 inch tablet with ios,you have to get the ipad mini, you don't have choice....and the ipad mini could get cheaper when a newer version releases.
samsung should remember that they are using android, and the market is filled with many good android tablets that are reasonably priced......so,i don't think that samsung will sell it at that price........i think google should make a nexus 8 for $249 (16 gb)......anyways, android users need not worry about the price, there will be many 8 inch android tablets in the market after mwc.....nexus 7 is still the best tablet for $199
20. ultimatebatman (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
This is useless speculation. If I can get the 10.1 32GB for $450 at bestbuy this week (canada), why would I assume that the 8.0 is roughly $800? These are placeholder prices, plain and simple and are not from Samsung.
22. amozhi (Posts: 70; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Samsung thinks that people are buying their products because it is SAMSUNG brand. Don't get it wrong Samsung, people are buying samsung as a good alternate to idevices. If any manufacturer comes with the same gimmick as you do today, your end is very near.
Remember still you are making ugly looking cheap plastic devices
23. Eonnaydra (Posts: 178; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Epic fail for Samsung if these prices are right.Who is idiot to pay these money for a plastic device and an revolutionary stylus?
For me,the best tablets are Sony's Xperia Tablet Z and iPad Mini because their designs are so sexy and premium devices!
27. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 880; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
it would be a HUGE dealbreaker if the Note 8.0 is that expensive. You might as well get the Note 10.1. I like the concept, but the price is the key.
30. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
No need to panic here in the U.S.
It's gonna be $300 at release and drop to $250 when the Nexus 8 comes out in May.
32. yuepc000 (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Meaningless speculation. The 8" will have to be cheaper than the 10". Please use common sense.