Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 confirmed to launch on April 11th with a hard-to-swallow $400 price
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 08:20 posted on
Samsung has just officially confirmed the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet will become available in the United States in just two days, on April 11th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1223; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
for $400 , one can get the much cheaper Note 10.1 .....
9. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
samsung just shot itself in the head. terrible pricing.
So much for "affordability" said by their representatives at MWC.
18. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Yeah, the excellent Note 10.1 is $450 for the 32GB model in canada
21. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Actually the note 10.1 16gb is going for 329 at cowboom.com
even better :D
I really fell in love with the note 8.0, but the price is too much.
I prefer the iPad mini refresh; hopefully its announced soon.
32. akki20892 (Posts: 2651; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
oh my god is that Galaxy Note 3.......!!!
3. medicci37 (Posts: 552; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
The nexus tab also has a higher ppi. & The new nexus will be full hd
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I rather get a Nexus 7, it only cost $200.
5. PAPINYC (limited) (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I'd pay $400 for an 8" inch phablet but not a wi-fi only tablet because, if I'm restricted to just wi-fi, I might as well have one of those iThingys'!
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
this no doubt means that it was cost £400 in the uk as manufactuers think that the £ and the $ are the same. (that and the fact our piss-poor goverment taxes the balls off us on everything). My nexus 10 tablet cost £400. If you want a samsung made tablet, get the nexus 10 as the samsung bespoke tablets are really over priced
7. moronman66 (Posts: 157; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Woah, for 400 bucks, I'd rather get a Nexus 10! 8-inch tablets, kind of a fail for Samsung so far.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon Sammy. Don't applelize us. I just made that word up, I'll patent it before apple does.
16. PAPINYC (limited) (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG, I ♥ uNow.
(we' been AppleliZed)
.......don't sue me.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx for the love. My lawyer will be in touch with you for using applelized lol
11. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 202; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I'll have to wait until they're on display somewhere to check just how responsive the S-Pen is. It'd be worth it if it can replace my sketchbook, pencils, pencil sharpener, and markers. At least in terms of portability.
19. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I did with the 10.1. I use it extensively for drawing and can confirm that with the right app and preferably a full size pen it can pretty much replace everything you need. I have the simple but greatly functional ET-S200EBEGSTD but apparently the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel IT Pen CS-400 is good as well. As for the apps, LayerPaint, Sketchbook Pro and TVPaint (pro app) all support pressure, and FlipaClip is simple but amazing for animation. Touch retouch is photoshop for noobs but works really well.
20. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 202; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Good to know! I had considered getting the 10.1 but I wanted to wait for them to do one or two more generations of stylus-based tablet. I think the pen that comes with the 8 will work fine for me, since I get used to drawing with tiny stubs of pencils anyway.
12. bparkerson (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I want this tablet for it's 8 inch form factor and the S-pen functionality but to have that I'd have to compromise screen resolution, internal memory (only 16g now compared to 32g option that apparently is no longer available), color ( only white because apparently black is no longer available), and it's outdated, overly repetitive look of every other Samsung device, all for almost twice as much as the Nexus 7. I could really use this for my work but man, I just can't justify it!!!
13. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I think the price will drop in a month to $349. It's still too much for wifi only.
I thought it will be sold for $299.
No thank you sammy, not for me.
14. evo-ninja (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 May 2011)
is 2day still april 1st. BC thats a joke right
17. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 932; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I have the 32GB Nexus 7 and Im glad that I bought it. The Note 8.0 is a nice concept, but Im not paying $400 for a WiFi-only tablet when there are others that are cheaper. I bet that the tablet will be a good seller, but not enough for me to buy it. I can wait a year to upgrade my phone to the Note III
22. Taters (Posts: 2359; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I would never purchase this especially since the new LG Nexus 7 with a full HD 7.9 inch screen is coming out soon and the Nexus 10 is the same price but blows it away. However, compared to the iPad mini and the tab 3 8.0 which will probably be $299 minus the s pen and wacom digitizer, the Note 8 is priced right business board meeting wise. If I was a Samsung board room member that is exactly how I would price them.
Tab 3 8.0 $299
Note 8.0 $399
Galaxy Tab version of the Nexus 10 with better build quality and maybe thinner and maybe an Exynos Octa. $499
Yes it is overpriced for my fellow cheap Android fans that look for maximum value, but that's how much we would sell it for on craigslist or eBay because of the Note brand and the fact that the tab 3 8.0 is not going to be less than $299.
23. Taters (Posts: 2359; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Same reason the Xperia tablet Z is $499 when the Nexus 10 is $399 with much better specs. That is just how it is. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 prices are just not the common pricing zeitgeist. You want cheap, get a Nexus. If you want the other options, pay up because Google is the only company willing to not make a profit off of their hardware.
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Samsung getting over ambitious .. and that's a sign of failure to follow at some stage ...
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
$300 was the correct selling point for this. at $400 it's pretty much a wasted effort.
26. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Severely Overpriced. What the hell is Samsung thinking?
For $349 I'm pretty sure there's still profit....Now I have to play the waiting game and see if other competitors will release a 1080p seven/eight incher this year
Extremely Disappointed with this
28. Taters (Posts: 2359; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Honestly nothing wrong with the pricing. Wacomm digitizers aren't free. The tab 3 8.0, which I am assuming will be $299, is $20 cheaper than the iPad mini and undercuts it just fine. The Note 8 is an extra $99 if you want the pen and wacomm digitizer built in. Same difference as the WiFi only vs. 3g pricing but instead with a digitizer.
The Nexus 7 pricing? Well everyone except budget Taiwanese companies like Asus and Acer will completely ignore it. Even Toshiba and Sony are ignoring the Nexus pricing and they are in no financial shape to.
30. NokiaFTW (Posts: 705; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'm very happy with my Nexus 7 and I'm glad I didn't wait for the Note 8.0
31. BrianBU (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
The 8in phablet appealed but wifi only at $400? I'm another who now looks for the 2nd gen Nexus 7, I can live with 7 as the actress said to the bishop.
33. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Guys, don't forget about the Toshiba Excite 7.7. It's still a great alternative to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 if you don't care much for the S-Pen, but like the size of the Note 8.
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Samsung man u really mess up ur pricing. could do a bit better than that. But still a SWEET tablet.
35. isaiahg17 (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
LOL. Theres one selling on Amazon for $1,000
36. isaiahg17 (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
How convenient that it starts selling on my payday. How unfortunate that it's selling at that price.
37. Daftama (Posts: 546; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Well follow the foot steps of BB with their playbook
39. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I just spotted an iPad Mini on Craigslist myself for $205. I'm an android user, but I'm seriously considering buying it for that price alone.