Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to have a version with curved display, and a regular version for mass markets
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 10:58 posted on
Samsung is expected to announce the high-end Galaxy Note 4 at IFA 2014 in September, alongside other new products, possibly including a Google Glass rival...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jinto (Posts: 436; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I'll get the curved one cuz "flat displays are just too mainstream".
2. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Same was the Rumor last year with the Note 3
4. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
yeah same old rumor. but I'm sure it won't happen on Note 4.
9. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm pretty sure it'll happen on note 4..
Because samsung executive itself said note 4 will have new form factor...
29. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
if the rumored design will be reality to samsung, i'll definitely buying that phone what ever series it is, coz i'm into beautiful/elegant designs, and performance..
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I have nothing to say about this because we're still too far away from its release and I can wait to see what the Note 4 will be. I admit that I'm not as excited about the Note 4 as I was about the Note 3..........but that might change once we get close to its debut
5. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a curved display make it harder to make protective cases?
6. Florin.T (Posts: 208; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Not necessarily. I think manufacturers can easily make cases of any shape and dimensions, molded to fit any device.
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 4993; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
yes but the sides would have to be open. Drop it on the side...like most devices tend to do and cracking is even more of an issue
24. tedkord (Posts: 9861; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If it's using a bendable display, cracking is very unlikely.
33. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The glass will be easy to crack like a normal phone but the display will be near impossible to break through normal use.
37. tedkord (Posts: 9861; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not if it's the bendable display tech Samsung has shown.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Most likely the Note 4 will be my next phone.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If I'm right the curved version will have different resolution...
Because the display will be broader than usual...
Ratio should be more close to 4:3...
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I would prefer a regular version, i still dont get the flexi/curved screen craze BS.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2067; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Slow news day for PA today. Perhaps they're also excited and waiting for the WC to kickoff. :D
25. tedkord (Posts: 9861; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The S5 has one of the best most accurate displays available. The Note 4 will likely be even better. I hope it is AMOLED.
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Another cheap implementation using bendable plastic along with plastic dustbin materials
Use "Sapphire" glass instead. Looks much classier and prestigious.
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I shouldn't be saying this...
But you're making me to....
Why use some old plastic condom...
Try some premium metal and glass...
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Off topic, comparing this item which is used for sensation.
Not an item to or for presentation
19. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm not one of those who act like 16 year girl...to show off my phone...i rather buy to use it...
Also display material has nothing to do with presentation....
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
There's nothing to show about
We buy a product to look and feel nice
People who drive prestige cars like BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, don't show off, but buy it cause it looks and feels nice.
It's called" quality".
28. elitewolverine (Posts: 4993; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I agree. I have had many cars, and the 02 e46 m3 has by far been one of 'prestige' to own. It is certainly a look at me, feel good car, and well it is just a blast to drive.
I feel the same way about a phone, blast to own (drive), fun to show off because people ask about it, and feels good all in all.
I pull out my nokia, they here me say cortana and instantly ears are raised. Or my camera when taking pics, instantly most of the time it is "Oh wow it takes better pictures what do you have..". And they like the way it looks and feels. Couple that with shuaibhere notion of buying it to use it. I use it tons more than my note 3 (for various reasons). So win win imo.
26. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Curved screens are utterly stupid, no way in hell im getting a curved Note 4
27. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, it's a completely useless gimmick...
32. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Same here to
Ugly looking phone
34. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The Exynos version of the note 3 has UI lag.
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Useless pathetic A7 cores that kicks in when doing light multitasking, instead of those A15 kicking in.
If A7 was not been used, ui would render twice the transition.
38. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
if curve screen like the picture above, definitely i will buy it, but curve like galaxy round.... need to think twice