Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rumor round-up: specs, features, price, release date, and all we know so far
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 05:40 posted on
We're still weeks away from the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but the phone is already shaping up as a beast. Here's what we know so far about it, thanks to the rumors that have accumulated so far...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
exactly... but if samsung keeps 5.7inch then it will be a great disappointment for me
4. Astoni (Posts: 623; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Why? a 5,7 inch with a smaller body to screen ratio?. Either a smaller body to screen or a bigger screen with same size. i think i'll be sold anyways.. i just need to upgrade away from z1. N4,ip6 or the s5 Prime
14. tenho1982 (Posts: 68; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
It will be 5.78 inch dude :)) A bigger screen will ruin the size.
23. Aploine (Posts: 311; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
DON'T wait for a big design change. Samsung is conservative and usually picks the slightly improved all around best solution. Or worse if you consider that instead of double led flash, to improve low light photo and video, they put useless (imo) hrm and fpsc in S5.
Their recipe is "if something sells don't change it much"
66. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Let there be a YOUM screen. And I don't buy rumor pics.
5. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I swear to God, if Samsung does that bandaid bullshiat on the Note 4, I won't get one, i'll keep my Note 3
7. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 203; Member since: 27 May 2014)
I feel ya that's why I bought a note 3 before they stop making them because we all know that samsung going to but that bullshyt band aid crap on the note 4 and flood it with more bloat ware that's not needed.
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Guys the Note 4 won't have the bandaid look. The S4 had a look that the Note 3 was different in. I believe the S5 & the Note 4 will look different just like the S4 & the Note 3 looked different.
15. tenho1982 (Posts: 68; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Have you ever really touched the bandaid in the store? It feels great on your hand.
18. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
@tenho A lot of phones "feel nice but you dont see them selling like hotcakes, simply because the feel isnt enough. People like the look/design of the phone first, before they actually are willing to care about the feel.
29. AstronautJones (Posts: 288; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Yeah, and Samsung isn't selling millions of S5s
67. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
First you guys bytch bout the plastic body now a bandaid back cover. seriously i don't think you guys don't know what you want in a phone.
71. Saioofi (Posts: 157; Member since: 23 May 2014)
To Sammy a phone with normal specs and a cheap plastic shell is "premium"
74. ojdidit84 (Posts: 437; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I think everyone knows exactly what they want. At the price that Samsung sells their phones, people would like premium materials even if that means more durable, higher quality plastics and better design. No one really looks at a Samsung phone and calls it beautiful as they would say, the One M7. Samsung makes great phones but the entire package isn't quite there yet. LG makes better looking phones with better materials than Samsung does but they fail on the software side of things. Samsung needs to step up their hardware game.
80. saffant (Posts: 248; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
No, they don't. LG's phones always have build problems ala the new G3 has plastic cracking issues. No such problems with Samsung's phones.
35. teerex42 (Posts: 186; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I don't know about you but the so called bandaid feels better more premium in the hand than that plastic LG G3. I had both phones the G3 and the GS5 and the GS5 is the better phone of the 2!
36. tedkord (Posts: 7369; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I know, right. If only they had a removable back and aftermarket replacements...
46. smarttechbadworld (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Omg are you for real, i hope samsung keeps it cause it looks amazing on the galaxy s5 and galaxy note 3 i wish my note 2 had that and i wish they will keep that in the note 4
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If blogs sites have common sense stop listening or reading to stupid rumors with out full details till the device is release and announce.
8. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 203; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Samsung is going to F this one up I feel the best note was the note 3 there going to make this into a GS5 plus there going to put that band aid crap on it a fingerprint scanner that don't work and a heart rate monitor that no one needs unless you have heart problems it might come in handy then idk but I know this note is possible the last one because how big can u make a phone other than the Mega phone they have already.
24. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Till the time note 3 was in works.. every body including me said that note 2 is the best phablet ever made and note 3 changed that.
Note 4 will turn the tables again I believe
10. Android4EveryOne (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
You know you are really a hater if you're getting mad over a phone rumor.... Smh:/
11. Astoni (Posts: 623; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
To me it feels like the Note series is Samsungs new flagship cause Note is the one to get a real Boost in Features and design compared to the S-series. IMO
47. addisbad (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)
i kinda agree with you but no matter what i will continue to get their s series devices. been a hardcore S series fan since the original galaxy s
51. Tarzan (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
This is not the time or place to release the BEAST :D
13. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
i am hoping for a 5.9" screen variant. there are other phones with greater than 5.7" but only Samsung does not compromise on the spec. Otherwise the pantech secret note looks good.
41. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2346; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
no giant f ing screens need to put in front pocket its not a book should be 5.4 screen with front stereo speaker s
63. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Here for you again:
Speakers on smartphones are very small. Small speakers when are pointing front , work ONLY LIKE A TWEETERS. And NOTHING ELSE. No bass there. To take some mid or bass , you need to put them in the box and even turn them back pointing inside the box.
Well, the point to have them on the back or on the side of the smartphones is TO MAKE ACOUSTIC BOX with your hands holding the phone.
You can easily try this. Put some music on your HTC M8 and listen it. Then turn your HTC back with the back facing your face. Holding the HTC like that you cover the speakers with your palms. Making "acoustic box". You will here more bass and more quality music sound. It will trade some loudness for the quality though(you can make same test with back-speakers phone, too)
New flat TV use the walls behind them or furniture that stand on, to make same "acoustic box" . NO FRONT SPEAKERS THERE. Right?
FRONT SPEAKERS ON SMATRPHONES ARE BS. Period.
16. Riljay (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
I'm hoping for 6.4" UltraHD screen for note 4. :)
64. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If they keep the same screen size, but make the device smaller(with even better battery life)- they have a WINNER.
17. sergiobr (Posts: 573; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Keeping my Note 3 monster until a better camera.
19. xfire99 (Posts: 634; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Tough choice, Nexus 6 or Note 4? I do love S-Pen om mine Note 2 and will miss if get Nexus 6.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If you don't like anything about the OG Note 4, just wait a few months until the Note 4 F (Prime) is released.
21. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
Samsung should make a 1080p 4.7" snapdragon 800 2GB ram less bloatware 13MP camera 5.2x70x7.6 should be the demensions finger print sensor ip67 certification and i will surely get it but price it for around 400$-500$
42. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2346; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
no 801 or 805 64bit 3 gig minimum ram my gs3 has 2gb ram
48. addisbad (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)
hopefully it will just have an exynos variant
22. sbfalex (Posts: 28; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
wrap around screens are a recipe for disaster... one accidental drop from knee height is enough to crack your screen... anyone who've owned a htc butterfly will know what i mean... and that phone wasn't even fully wrapped
37. tedkord (Posts: 7369; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not if it's flexible amoled. That will be extremely shatter resistant.
55. elitewolverine (Posts: 3487; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
doesnt stop the glass from cracking
27. srgonu (Posts: 110; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Note 3 have best overall dimensions. Anything bigger then this is no good.
69. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Really? 2 to 2.5 hours is too long for a full charge? Using the USB 3.0.
30. kopkiwi (Posts: 41; Member since: 31 May 2013)
No reason why they can't be look at a 6" display in the same sized body, LG managed it with the G Pro 2. For the love of god, give me OIS camera.
62. cncrim (Posts: 639; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I would love to see it happening too, but Otis samsung it won't happen.
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Always wait till release product. never belive in such rumors which always claims to be FALSE
33. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It also generates post and consumers leave feed back what the prototype or the final design, of what they think and assume.
34. iamoa (unregistered)
- i dont want a gimmcky heart rate monitor
- better be something new in design
- i wont mind plastic back (but not the one with GS5 at all) but all metal (or a metal back or glass back) would be sweet for samsung
- i am sure it will be water resistant
- high MPs with OIS is a must with a dual flash (or xenon flash)
- IR blaster is a must and if they can add some sort of stuff for samsung LEDs (like the screen can be used as a mousepad or something), damn, i would love it. :)
43. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2346; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
that lst one is a app for samsung tvs i have it its the reason i unrooted my phone
65. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
- I don't think is great feature, but if it's there for free,- why not.
- agree, but NO metal back or aluminium unibody. Nothing sweet there, but tech nonsense.
39. tedkord (Posts: 7369; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm really hoping the Note 4 is the beast that the Note 3 is.
50. BigScreens (unregistered)
Me too,even more. Having the same screen size is not fulfilling the expectations even with the features to be installed