Samsung Galaxy Note 4 coming with a flexible screen, premium metal body, and a 16-megapixel OIS camera
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 09:15 posted on
The Galaxy Note 4 is expected to get officially unveiled in just around a month at IFA in September, but while Samsung has managed to keep a cap on leaked images, the veil of secrecy around its fourth-gen phablet is getting thinner…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. cezarepc (Posts: 610; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Not really a Note fan but like all the other Notes, this year's note is definitely going to be a monster. Dat OIS on a 16MP ISOCELL....
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Sammy knows it's time to bring it in light of iPone 6 getting bigger which is a really big market share stealer this time around. iCook is a marketshare man when compared to iSteve that's for sure. I liked it better when apple pretended like they were a cut above everyone else now they seem to just copy Android albeit it years later and still ho humm
71. marcski07 (Posts: 560; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
if the picture above is designed like that, they'll have my money... :)
4. nctx77 (Posts: 576; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
The Note has been getting this for the last 2 years lol!
57. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If Samsung make Note 4 from aluminium tin-can NOBODY will buy it.
I don't think they are so stupid to fall into the "tech" media trap.
Only ifans love the cheap aluminium tin can, and find it "premium", but they don't buy phones without Apple logo on it.(see M8)
62. Ninetysix (Posts: 1679; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Come on popeye. People buy their phones based on a lot of things not just what's on the outside.
70. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Only that sealed tin can omits the removable back , the reception , wireless charging and NFC (and light body).
We buy Note because is not sealed handicap aluminium brick
64. rallyguy (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Give me plastic. How many Notes have you seen NOT in a case. Any phone for that matter.
Who cares what it is made of or looks like when you can't see it with a case?
80. TheOldOne (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
not sure about that, but what I can tell you is that HTC One does not appeal to me at all, expecially the aluminium body.
Now I know it was praised left and right for the best design, but numbers do not lie: they sold too few devices to justify the media hype around it.
5. HouTexan (Posts: 316; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Oh, boy. This is setting up to be a phone of epic proportions (like the rest of the Note phablet series)
89. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 648; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yep...this model will have the poorest sales.
6. gaara6775 (Posts: 517; Member since: 20 May 2014)
PA didn't make a article about the Shield Tablet which is going to be available on 29th for $299(16gb) & $399(32gb with LTE) . and it's going to be available in the UK on august 14th :D
7. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 914; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I hope it comes with VoLTE technology also. I really hate buying new phones every year.lol
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S5 had it, so I'm 100% sure the N4 will.
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4417; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ohh Man I just can't wait. The Note series is KILLER. Now these juicy rumors are only hyping the Epic phone the Note 4 will be.
10. Gadgety (Posts: 107; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I love my Note. Bezel-less screens will be great, but foldable YOUMs would be greater.
11. CyberFalcon (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
To everyone's disapointment Samsung ll release a phone with the same design, same ISOCELL camera without OIS and with a BandAid back cover....
Enough of these rumor mills PA....
12. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
My predictions :
- Metal body : possible
- Choice between plastic and metal : no, at least not immediately
- 64bit : no
- OIS : probably
- flexible display : no way
- bloatwares : tons
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You are a nobody so please get off that high horse of yours.
36. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 690; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
I think they're pretty realistic. No one cares about your rudeness, on the other hand...
43. CyberFalcon (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Dude u didnt even predict anything here...
U jus said possible or probable to whatever PA wrote in this article...
51. tedkord (Posts: 5270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
My predictions :
Jakelee will still be trolling hard : 100%
15. xtroid2k (Posts: 462; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
All that phone would need is boom sound speakers and it's the perfect device.
18. benhar156 (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I really hope that phone+tab comes fast.
As for note, as long as all rumours are true.....thats gonna be awesome
19. uchihakurtz (Posts: 276; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I hope they really change the design language, I was hoping the S5 was the pioneer of the new design but it failed (except if you count the new recent button). Today I mistakenly took the Grand Duos as the S5, damn it Samsung
87. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2721; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The S5 wasn't the first Samsung device with the multitasking button. That began on the Pro series tablets.
22. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I only hope it's at least 6½ inches!
31. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
I'm guessing they'll stay at 5.7 or possibly 5.9
35. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Too small, I have the Note 3 now; need BiGGER!!
48. KashunatoR (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2014)
I am in the same boat. Bigger screen with thinner bezel would be a winner for me.
23. Cicero (Posts: 498; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Lesson to be learned? Time to change is now. I expect only the best and new technology from N4.
28. wilsong17 (Posts: 1093; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
I had the note 2 and I was like wow this baby handle anything... gave it to my moms... now I have the note 3 I'm like no way I'm switching to another phone... but dam these note 4 leaks are making me jealous... start saving money for the note 4
84. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I have a Note 3 and until now is the best phone. What I need is a big sensor camera with better low light photos. But keeping my RX100 to do the job. Waterproof would be good too
37. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not seeing how this curved screen will be anything besides a gimmick.
if they implement said curved screen, they better increase the screen size as well!
44. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 148; Member since: 13 May 2014)
For me 5.7 inch is the best . I hope they make the overall device size a little smaller so it can be more practical rather than making the screen/device bigger every year.
46. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
i hope that at least they do go for a premium metal body (personal preference so no need to cry that plastic is better, glass is better etc) and 16mp ois camera. don't think it will have a flexible screen since note 3 had that as well before it was officially launched and S5 (for every market and not just for the home country) had QHD display and 3gb ram before the launch as well. :) and yes, i would rather prefer dual flash on note 4 instead of heart rate monitor and a single flash.
anyways, sept. is almost here so we'll figure it out.
49. mike2959 (Posts: 279; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Metal frame, flexible display? How does that work?
52. tedkord (Posts: 5270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Quite simply. You place a flexible display into a metal body. It's not about the display being bendable, it's about the display being much more unbreakable because of its flex.
50. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I personally don't care for metal. Irrespective of material I am anyway gonna slap a plastic case or leather flip Cover on it. But I want a bigger screen. At least 6.5 inches. 7 inch would be perfect
53. ojdidit84 (Posts: 418; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Really the only thing I'm hoping for is OIS and that they keep it at 5.7 in a smaller frame. I don't think I can go larger than the N3 already is. I know 64-bit chip probably isn't going to happen since the SD810 is most likely not going to pop up in any handsets until Q1 '15.
54. wilsong17 (Posts: 1093; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Why do people want oís is nothing special just look at the galaxy s5 ves the lg3 pic
74. fzacek (Posts: 2222; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Sometimes your posts make no sense. Just because S5 takes better pics than G3 does not mean that OIS is useless. OIS is extremely useful when taking 4K video and zooming in...
76. Busyboy (Posts: 412; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Hope you realize OIS in the G3 ONLY works when shooting stills, not videos..
77. fzacek (Posts: 2222; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I did not know that O.o If that's the case then that is extremely dumb of LG. Why in the world would they decide to do that? Anyway, if there was OIS in the Note 4 and it worked in stills and video it would be a great improvement...
81. Busyboy (Posts: 412; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Not exactly sure TBH, I was shocked when I found out too..
58. techloverNYC (Posts: 422; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Iphone 5.5 better bring its A+ game cause Samsung is bringing in the beast.
73. fzacek (Posts: 2222; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Note 4 will chew up the iPhone 6 5.5" and drag its dead body across the floor...
60. azalucel (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
They should just add a tempered glass effect to to gorrilla glass 3, if they would switch it to a snapdragon 810 and 4gb of ddr4 ram then it would truly be a grear device (qualcomm said they would let manufactures sample the 810 before the end of the year so maybe they could get it in the note 4)