Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge: all the new features
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 14:44 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge are here! Samsung surprised us with not one, but two new devices at IFA 2014, and the Note Edge is the most shocking one…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4010; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That Note Edge is seriously looking insane. The ticker feature will be bananas. I mean to have the scores flashing & scrolling will be super boss!
18. joe1blue (Posts: 105; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
I was very excited about the Edge but i just watched a hands on review and they state it having no metal on it is plastic the original note 4 is made of metal :(
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Great phone but i think the edge one is totally useless. The original note 4 for me...
4. Vexify (limited) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I can already see a million cracked edges. Most of the time, phones fall on the edges.
27. vincelongman (Posts: 1151; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But just buy a glass/sapphire screen protector
So if it falls on the edge only the screen protector shatters
Glass screen protectors are only about ~$10
I've only seen one sapphire screen protector which was $70, but there's probably gonna be more thanks to Kyocera/Apple
29. Vexify (limited) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
True. At least we can be thankful for this tech being pushed into the industry we love (not talking about porn either).
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1840; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
"useless"? I guess since you own one, you should already know huh
26. vincelongman (Posts: 1151; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
To be honest I though it was useless as well when I first saw it
But after watching some hands on videos, I think could actually be really useful, especially if lots of third party devs support it as well
3. Vexify (limited) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I really wish the Spen would get a virtual eraser on it. That would be dope, especially for artists on the tablets.
28. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Product availability is spotty at times, but you can get an S-Pen with an eraser since the first Galaxy Note:
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"Also, both are extremely powerful, with the latest Snapdragon 805 system chip on board (these are the first two devices from a known brand to feature the powerful chip)."
Galaxy S5 LTE-A and G3 Cat. 6 both sport S805...
8. heysamad (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
They're surely having a rough day. Take care PhoneArena :)
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 818; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Maybe they meant the first to be released worldwide from a known brand. AFAIK the S5 LTE-A and g3 Cat. 6 were not released worldwide.
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4010; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
6. promise7 (Posts: 410; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
9,788,076+ articles on the Note 4 and Edge when you could easily fit them into below 5.
12. Ashoaib (Posts: 1978; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
dont be jealous bro... let the authors decide how to keep their website interesting
7. heysamad (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
I don't understand why some people are complaining about battery life. Its 7% better than Note 3 which has 5 hours screen on time. Despite having QHD display these devices have more battery life.
11. avyfa (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Samsung's chip uses Cortex A53 and Cortex A57, not a7 and a15.
16. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
PA is out of mind today....mistakes mistakes everywhere....
19. medtxa (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
no one care that. it's happens when they post tons of article 24 hours a day
15. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
What the heck PA???
You really confusing me...in this article you say note 4 has sony IMX240 sensor in another article it said that note 4 samsung's own isocell sensor..
Same goes with water resistant or not confusion too....
17. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
No...I will not be tempted. I think I want a Note 4.
23. Astoni (Posts: 504; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Wtf xD, did you hit your head or something?.
I'm still waiting to see the Iphone 6 before i deside :p
31. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 116; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
By the Gods!!!!! Mxyzptlk?? Is this really you?? or somebody hacked your account?? Wow..
20. gigaraga (Posts: 921; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Both are so boss, they are out of this world.
21. Adi87 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
At last, Sammy got rid of the cheap plastic in his note series..!!
24. Astoni (Posts: 504; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
If anything i'd get the note 4. the edge is cool and all but i think while playing games, watching a move and what not i will get irritated by the darn edge xD I prefer flats screens.
25. k1ng617 (Posts: 246; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Man really would give up the metal surround for water resistance. I think metal is overrated. I've had two notes and never once said I wish this were metal. Plus I put it in a case anyways. I think Samsung went the wrong direction and spent way too much effort on the Edge and left the bread and butter Note lacking.
30. Jalil (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I will get the Galaxy note 4 not the note edge..