Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Motorola Moto X: first look
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2013, 15:13 posted on
Deepening its experience more than ever before, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is highly regarded as being the dream phone for business professionals who are on point with being organized. Conversely, the Motorola Moto X is arguably a dark horse figure in the Android space...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4174; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Useless comparison number two. First the iPhone, then this.
Note 3 has a 5.7" screen vs. the 4.7" screen on the Moto X. Phablet vs. phone. Seriously PA is becoming a joke lately. This site isn't the same as it was a year ago.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4174; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Re-read the article. John V is on a bias spree today. PA is a complete joke.
7. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Calm down old man. People like you simply can't handle comparisons. They are both great devices. In no way does better specs mean better user experience. I would love to have both of these. If the moto x had the wooden backs now, I would probably get one. You act like the only comparisons you can handle is a product compared to itself. Products are different in different ways, get over it. If this is somehow a joke to you, then go away.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4174; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Old man? You know nothing about me and you call me a old man lol. I can handle comparisons perfectly fine. When the author slips in bias not once, but twice in a row, one can question their professionalism. And please don't try to come at me like that. If you don't like my comment, then go away. Thanks and have a great day.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
so it's okay for you to go after PA publicly in their comment section and not for someone to come after you? double standards m8, double standards.
oh, and your name is Papa Smurf, pretty old individual if i recall correctly...
25. PK1983 (Posts: 118; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Aside from its GPU, nothing about the Moto X is really great, at least nothing that warrants a price equal to a HTC One or Galaxy S4.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the user experience warrants it.
clearly you're someone that can't see beyond specs.
go use a Moto X then maybe you'll see what i'm talking about.
10. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
You do the review Smurf, I think you know what's best :)
11. jdoee100 (Posts: 260; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Wow. I'm waiting for Galaxy Note 3 vs. Nokia Asha. And it will go something like this, Asha is snappy, good looking, and efficient device compare to too overwhelming, over complicated, plasticky Note 3. Of course, we'll have to wait for the final comparison.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 7753; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Damn Smurf, what don't you like about it anymore dude?
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the whole tone of this article sounded like the Moto X is an equally if not more likable device than the Note 3. the Note 3 is a beast but the Moto X is a refreshing device in all of the right ways.
3. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
you should compare note3 with device like lg g2 just sayin
4. k1ng617 (Posts: 217; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I would have to agree. These phones are meant for totally different people. Power hungry users will opt for the Note, whereas people who prize simplicity and style would probably prefer the Moto. Actually, reminds me of how I recommend to friends and family between Android and iPhones.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 1741; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Considering that both are expected for $200 on 2yr contract, it's incredible how much more bang Samsung is offering for your buck.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Note III will probably not be offered at the same price point as the S4.
it'll probably go for the premium $300 price point.
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 426; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I actually like the looks of the note 3 better.
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'd take the Moto X just for the lack of physical front buttons...the way Android is supposed to be (not a fan of what Sammy thinks is the proper experience-not a fan of anything Sammy actually).
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4174; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I disagree. I love the physical home button on my S3. I've tried using the on screen buttons (through root) and don't like them. They get in the way too much, especially when typing.
To each their own I guess.
14. 1113douglas (Posts: 162; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
and that puts the iphone out of the top 12
19. GrapeEyes (Posts: 232; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I did warn you all that the Note 3 is way over hyped!!
Just wait for the Lumia 1520 to come out, it is going to destroy every phone on the market.
27. maccess (Posts: 398; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
best joke of the year dude.. i'm waiting when the 1520 will destroy everything on the market.. but wait maybe a decade isn't long enough for 1520 to do that.. lol
20. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Shouldn't even be compared, the original Note is still better.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
then you have some pretty weird ideas m8...
28. maccess (Posts: 398; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
seriously mr "arguing anything because you think you're right"??
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 7753; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Specs wise the notes gonna win all these comparisons...I mean duhhh. It all comes down to the user experience, that's what sets these devices apart. I can actually care less about huge screens, yet some people swear by them. Out of all the devices I've had, and I've had tons, the iPhone provides the best end user experience for me, not saying its the best guys. That's why I continue to use them as my primary device. Watch the flak I get for this...