Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to launch earlier because of weaker Samsung Galaxy S4 sales?
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 06:14 posted on
Last month, Samsung's top mobile executive, J.K. Shin, confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy Note III would be unveiled in September at the IFA show in Berlin; but there is speculation that because of weakening sales of the Samsung Galaxy S4, that the next iteration of Samsung's phablet series could end up being made available earlier, in July or August...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. JunBringer (Posts: 98; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
There's no way the Htc T6 will be the first phone to launch with Key Lime Pie. It's always a Nexus first. It may be the first non-Nexus to launch with it though.
17. masterpogi6 (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
weak sales :D hahaha buuuurrrrrnnnnnnnn!
20. ajac09 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
tipster aka iphonearena making sh*t up again
42. affandi (Posts: 84; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
What boggles my mind is that serious phone sites like phonearena and gsmarena actually believes there is a chance that this ugly amateur photoshopped picture could really be the Note 3. Unbelivable.
47. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
That picture looks more like LG device (launcher) with Samsung design
44. kaira (Posts: 26; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Sammy mustn't feel any pressure... they are already leading that market of Phaplets, however should the release the note early it might prove fatal than to being a success... consumers are already complaining about the GS4 already as half baked launcher etc... Also as the saying goes from Shakespeare "Uneasy lies the head that wears the throne"... HTC One All the way.l.
51. mottykels (Posts: 366; Member since: 15 May 2013)
All i can say is Im so Happy with my s4 ;)
52. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Samsung may start felling heat from the compettion this year. Another phablet. Good for customers:)
70. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
the years already half over. the competition has failed. the lead is much too large. and when the Note 3 comes out around the holidays/fall, they get another giant boost.
57. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Sammy is just worried that they cannot reach their goal of 100 million sgs4 sales, and some consumers maybe waiting for GE version, the sgs4 active, or the upcoming sgs4 pack with s800 cpu.
59. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
My wish to Sammy's future phone are to include the;
1. Stereo front speakers
2. Bring back fm radio
3. Minimum of 32gb ROM ( for high end phone )
4. Unibody, like lumia 920 and xperia T(they're both plastic but not feel/lookin' cheap)
5. Quad core is enough for this small device
Just my opinion.
61. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Though I'm a samsung fan but still I'm glad that S4 didn't fare well because it means that I'll get a better designed s5 with more true innovation.
69. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
10 million sales in the first month is "didn't fare well"?
78. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Dude there's a lot of difference between first month sales and overall sales. The sales keep on declining as the time passes by and moreover considering Samsung's own expectations, it really didn't fare well.
79. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
wow. thanks for clarifying that for me. firstly how do YOU know that their sales will in fact, keep on declining? secondly, how do you know samsungs expectations? the point of my first post was for you not to make definitive statements that you can't base on facts. I'm pretty sure Samsung will be just fine, and the S5 will probably be thrice the phone that the S4 is. but 10 million in sales in the first month is STILL unprecedented, whether they don't sell one more phone.
63. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
If the sales are really going down, its because they are releasing so many s4 versions, they should just stick to one version and upgrade that if needed, selling many versions of a phone confuses and pisses off consumers (like me).
64. twens (Posts: 550; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
If there is any company that listens to consumers that will be Samsung. You guys are hating for no reason.the only Samsung product since 2011 that lags is the s4 but even that will be addressed soon. The s3 and note 2 are still very rock solid in the performance department with timely updates. We buy Samsung cos they are reliable with updates and features. You guys should stop hating. When apple was on top you wanted apple to fall,now its Samsung. If Sony and HTC come on top you guys will want them to fail also.
68. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yeah, Sammy is panicking. right. who is their biggest threat? themselves. I would agree that they probably need to X out the S3, just because it's awesome enough for people on a tight budget to go that route instead of shelling out $200 for the S4. I upgrade in a bit over a month, and I'm still seriously considering the S3, even though I have the money for the S4. outside of a few gimmicky things, they are basically the same phone. I'm hoping they are smart enough to push the Note 3 well ahead of what the Note 2 is (as awesome as IT is). if the gap between the two is similar to the gap between the S3 and S4, then that would be a disappointment. but that would be subjective.
77. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
It's good that there's some healthy competition out there to keep a massive company like Samsung in check.
However, just looking at the title before opening up the article, I said to myself, "This is another article by Alan."
It's nice not to be wrong.