Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to launch earlier because of weaker Samsung Galaxy S4 sales?
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 06:14 posted on
Last month, Samsung's top mobile executive, J.K. Shin, confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy Note III would be unveiled in September at the IFA show in Berlin; but there is speculation that because of weakening sales of the Samsung Galaxy S4, that the next iteration of Samsung's phablet series could end up being made available earlier, in July or August...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pyradark (Posts: 775; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
So Im correct!! hahaha
That's what you get for giving us the old look S3
if note 3 is the same, expectation will go down on mud
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
True.. or people are still buying the S3 and note 2 as well as waiting for S4 active and S4 google edition to come out.
Either way, the S4 will still sell more compared to any android phones this year. I remember last year when the S3 was revealed all the trolls and haters laughed at it for being ugly and that nobody would buy it. 7 month later, it was phone of the year lol
12. pyradark (Posts: 775; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
yup!! still best seller but NO to 80 Million expected at the end of the year
16. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I believe the S4 will sell 50mill+ by the end of this year which is half of the 100mill Samsung planned for it when it was announced.
36. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
This was what i commented when Samsung said their estimation was 100 million.
And what did i get? Multiple thumbs down from Sammy fans...they're in it too.
They went over-confident with the sales of SIII and Note II, if you ask me.
Samsung was ahead of the game last year, but this time, everyone is catching up to the level one needs to have.
Problem of being on top? You always think you'll rule over everything, but you don't know what's coming at you until you're falling.
48. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Thats one of the most accurate comments Ive heard about Samsung in a long time. I agree with the fact that they didnt expect for the competition to catch up with them so quickly
Havent they learned from Apple that if you dont "change the game", the competition will catch up and then you're as normal as everyone else
I upgraded to the S3 in december knowing that the next Galaxy S series phone wouldnt be that much of an improvement........and i was right. This is what I meant when I said that "the mobile industry has started to plateau"
38. phljcnth (Posts: 269; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I agree. I was actually skeptical when they projected it to 100 million. Galaxy S4 is really a very good device but 100 million is just over-ambitious. Hey, 50 million is still a lot!
23. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
high SIII sales are because of top notch hardware specs and popularity and not because of its ugly look.
25. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
I got my S3 for free and I hope I can up grade to S4 for free soon . I will not pay for cheap plastic phone.
66. oister85 (Posts: 401; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I don't understand your comments you don't like plastic but in the feature you going to get the s4?
67. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree, think the s3 and note 2 are still incredible phones for people that many people are happy to stick with them a nit longer, i wouldnt be surprised if most of the s4 upgrades are from s2 and other devices instead also think samsungs early estimation of 10million units a month was probably over reaching especially when they have spit the s4 into seperate devices with active,mini and zoom so chances are some people have held off getting the og s4 for one of its other variants which is maybe why there cut backs in the og s4 sales..none the less sales will go to samsung i predict just wont all be going to the og s4. i think we will know when the next financial results come in, whether samsungs are selling less phones or just selling more but spread out over more devices.
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I may have to agree. The Note III if that picture indeed is the real thing looks disappointing to me. I hope Samsung will not release a Galaxy S IV looking Note III, because if it does then that rumored HTC T6 is looking WAY better.
Again 5.9" SLCD 3 will be better than the 5.9" Super AMOLED, the Qualcomm S800 will be better than the Exynos 5 Octa, the metal body will look way better than the inspired Galaxy S IV this Note III image is going for & the killer STEREO front speakers will definitely outclass the rear speaker that obviously will be on the Note III based on this leaked image.
So far if the HTC T6 does come to fruition it looks like it will be the top choice over the Samsung Galaxy Note III.
Samsung please, please don't release the Note III looking like a giant Galaxy S IV.
28. wendygarett (unregistered)
Umm, the mega 6.3 is already look very identical to s4 if you ask me
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is what I am afraid of. :-(
+1 to you also.
32. wendygarett (unregistered)
Did you see Aaron baker from phonedog.com holding the mega 6.3? I thought it was an s4 in the 1st place...
40. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I like the Mega 6.3 size a lot, but too bad that it's just a giant mid-tier phone.....
30. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
The things that made the note 2 unique was the s-pen and exclusive features. The t6 just sounds like an over sized phone with good specs, just like the Optimus G Pro.
I think the note 3 will be the same as the note 2 with thinner bezels, which is still great for people who does not own any phablet or note 1 or 2.
I believe next year Samsung will start making good quality galaxy phones, to change the outdated galaxy design.
35. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The HTC T6 is rumored to have their own S-Pen alternative.
Remember again HTC had a stylus (Magic Pen) on Android before Samsung did when the HTC Flyer came out in May 2011.
HTC is more than capable to have a GREAT working stylus on their rumored HTC T6, so you really can't count out HTC.
33. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Sorry but some people prefer Amoled not slcd, and 6"phablet with huge battery already weighs a lot + metal body and big bezels with huge speakers!?I prefer big screen with small bezels.
37. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey to each is own. We need to see all options before we comment on what people will like or not like.
I am just stating MY personal opinion.
50. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
i agree. the problem is that Samsung thought that keeping it "simple" will keep people happy and $$$ in their pockets. But what have we learned from Apple..........Simple designs arent enough to keep customers happy. the last great innovation was the S3, BUT THAT WAS A YEAR AGO lol. A year in the mobile industry is like aging 5-10 years.
I hate to say this, but Samsung may end up like Apple where they stick to one design and expect the same pepeople that bought the previous model to continue that trend.
34. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Plus that horrible button arrangement that low amount of internal storage I mean the S4 needed to be a bit better looking than the S3 specially when you brag about how much others are the same
55. teerex42 (Posts: 161; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
haha don't think so. I love my GS4 it is the superior device to my old GS3. It looks better, feels better in the hand, faster, bigger screen, full HD screen..the smart features you can turn on and off with a quick flip. My battery also is lasting over 20 hours with moderate use with them on or off. The S3 is nothing like the S4. Everyone who has seen my phone wants to sell their S3 and get the S4..soooo keep dreaming...
73. pslee (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you guys are forgetting one thing. wall street analysts adjusted down the numbers for all smartphone forecast due to saturation of the smartphone market, not majorly because samsung has more competitors. regardless of the design and performance of the device, the market is already saturated with smartphone users meaning there will be less new customers switching from non-smartphones, which will obviously hurt the sales of those smartphone devices. they do have more competitors stepping up their game but that is not the majority of the issue.
62. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Weaker... not weak. There's a difference.
65. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I think people are deliberately trying to spread rumors about weak sales although everything is going smoothly...
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Bring it ON!!
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm excited to see what Samsung has to offer for the note3. I just hope it won't be to o gimmicky
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm expecting something S4-ish... There's not much they can do about it now.
4. shy2papa (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
That wont help if its made of plastic and has a bigger screen more then 5.5inch, #justSaying
13. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think you're wrong, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 5 yesterday on carpet; it basically shattered into about a BILLION dust particles. It was so bad that I couldn't pick up the remains with my hands or even sweep-up the mess, I had to get a vacuum to suck up my shattered iPhone 5. So, I'm beginning to realize that, although, that glass design is practical and aesthetically beautiful for us girls, especially since I used it from time to time as a mirror while putting on my lipstick and ruby-red rouge, I just don't think I would do the glass thing again. So, I'm thinking of going with the Galaxy Note 3 but, it's good to know that there are other options coming from Sony and HTC. Anyone know what would be the major differences between the aforementioned Mega-screened smart phones, i.e., HTC T6, XPERIA ZU and the Galaxy Note 3 (Although, I think the 3 has an advantage since it already has two previous models that they've built on)???
75. darkkjedii (Posts: 11883; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Do people actually believe, and take you serious? I can't believe you got 6 green thumbs for that blatant lie. Shattered into basically dust after being dropped on carpet? And 6 people actually bought that line...SMDH. You're the new wendyGarrett.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Or maybe Samsung afraid note 3 being overshadowed by another competitor who keep on showing the leak recently? Just like gs4 overshadowed by someone :)
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
DeFiNiTeLy aPpLe RiGhT?
41. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Definitely NOT APPLE, Paul Reynolds, Electronics Editor for Consumer Reports announced just yesterday on CBS This Morning that "iPhone 5 has dropped to 4th-to-6th place, depending on the cell carrier." Further adding that, "Apple has fallen behing in innovation as far as hardware goes." He also gave top spot, Consumer Reports Choice for Best Smartphone Top Ranking, to the Samsung Galaxy S4 which ranks #1 across all major cell carriers 'across the board'.
This segment was probably in anticipation of Consumer Reports' upcoming issue "Best Mobile Devices".
Here's a link to the segment (copy & paste into your browser)
43. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why are you so overreacting my comments? You sound panic and insecure, even the Chinese phone Huawei p6 make a better device than Samsung, it's metal, yet emotion ui show no shutter lag compare to the sluggish touchwiz...
showing the supportive document like this uncontrolly to make yourself better? and deny the fact that Samsung false hype fail, will just show your fanboyism :)
46. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Look my little chopstick (and, I say that endearingly), there's no panic on this end, I simply pointed out the facts as they were made public yesterday. Consumer Reports seems to have a different view on what's going on in the mobile industry and, all of it, supported by its' own factual data. If anyone is "panicked!!" it's probably all of the Apple iPhone die-hards who are truely panicked and holding on to hope that, somehow, the next iPhone will NOT be a major disappointment (again). It's not my fault that, according to Paul Reynolds, Electronic Editor for Consumer Reports, the iPhone 5 "ranks 4th-to-6th place depending on cell carrier." I hope your next iPhone is not (again) a major let-down but, if it is, you'll have solace in knowing that you won't be alone and, therefore, all of you can "panic" [together] :)
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 11883; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I would think so since you're back to being an iOS fan
58. wendygarett (unregistered)
aNd I aM dUmB :)
49. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I know this is slightly off-topic but, how did you get so big, brown and massive??
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 11883; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I believe in takin care of myself. I simply work out 5 days a week, weights and cardio, and I eat healthy...most of the time. As fat as the brown part goes, I credit my parents who both have beautiful smooth dark brown skin tones. I'm a techie that looks nothing like the prototypical techie I guess.
72. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Impressive fitness. And true, you may not have a typical look, but you still sound just like every other apple lover.
76. roscuthiii (Posts: 1832; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Hell, a buddy of mine wins strongman competitions and just happens to be a Magic: The Gathering geek.
Just goes to show... Can't judge a book by the cover.
80. darkkjedii (Posts: 11883; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly ros. Tech is my hobby, taking care of myself is my passion.
27. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4182; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No I think the HTC One inspired T6 is what they maybe afraid of. The HTC One itself is having GREAT success.
31. wendygarett (unregistered)
You can't see the sucess of Sony because you live in america, but in Europe and commonwealth country, people is actually rocking Xperia z if you ask me :)
45. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I currently have a family in the three EU country's and people from that countries still love Apple and Samsung.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
There will be no early launch for several reasons
- we are still underway the unstoppable Galaxy S4 marketing machinery, it would be foolish to release the Note III and somewhat counter that marketing effort with the Note III's
- the Note family is an entirely different product line for a different market segment, so S4 sales shouldn't really afftect it's release date
- earlier release would mean a 9 month gap between the Note III and the S4, that's too much
- the HTC, Nokia and Sony phablets are not yet ready so there is no rush, plus Samsung has a headstart cause it's not their first in the segment, so the best thing is wait for them to announce their big smartphones than steal the show with a genuine smartphab
- any decision to get an early release must be made 6 months earlier minimum for cost-efficiency, 6 months ago projects were 100M S4s
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 11883; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bone Samsung launches phones every couple months dude. And unless you work for them, you really can only speculate. All we can do is wait and see.
54. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You forget about Huawei and a bunch of chinese manufacturers who's yearning for grabbing some piece of pie from samsung's playground.
And sony may be the first one to drag some attention from samsung.
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
It seems all smartphone manufacturers release multiple flagship models a year
8. khmer (Posts: 93; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Now Samsung felt the heat in the smartphone competition is getting hotter every year. Samsung should stop using the plastic back cover and new design if they wanted to sell more phones.
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I just hope it'll be Snapdragon 800-equipped
FK Exynos Octa, never heard anything positive about it
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung is working hard on the 5420, the next version of the Octa, but I don't think it will be ready in time. In all reality, A15 is a 22nm manufacturing architecture that produces too much heat on 28nm (see Tegra4). So an advanced 2GHz+ A15 will likely be included in the S4 next year, alongside with a flexible screen. And that will easily outperform what rivals offer today.
21. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 860; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Of course a phone released next year will easily outperform the rivals from today, its called evolution.
53. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you read little
but the truth is that samsung may ditch exynos if they fail in comparison with snap 800.
Maybe intel will release something mind-boggling.