Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hands-on
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 18:57 posted on
Did we expect anything drastic with the design? Seriously, this is Samsung we’re talking about! It’s distinctively a Samsung smartphone, as it follows the same design cues and characteristic found with the recent Galaxy S4. However, there’s one refreshing change – it’s now doused in this...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
personally I'd would prefer their traditional plastic over the leather. maybe when I hold the device for the first time my mind might change.
16. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
It's plastic with a different texture. The S3 and S4 were too slippery and fingerprint magnets. The new back solves those problems.
23. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
A cheap plastic rear panel will be under $10 on ebay; it's replaceable.
45. chocolaking (Posts: 428; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Leather back just like the BerryBold 9000!! brilliant!!
honestly.. i wasn't wowed at all.. But Sony Z1 is amazing for sure.
sammy, i am worried about you :(
47. maccess (Posts: 576; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i'm more worried about your brain actually.. to much hate and butthurt..
40. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
What really is intriguing me is where the h*ll is the loud speaker
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7407; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's located at the same exact positions of the iPhone.
46. Dr.Phil (Posts: 865; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
It is located below the device right by where the USB charge port is.
28. akki20892 (Posts: 3262; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
well said. Nothing new here just improved specs that's it and Same Old UI boring..........!!! people better spend money on Note 2.
33. hellonerds (Posts: 135; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
no company has ever made a huge leap every year.. they dont fix something thats not broken.. look at apple for example.. i know you guys wanted a 4K Screen/1TB/hologram/cook you food/100mp camera ect..
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3262; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
iphone is different part dude. we need something new innovative in phone not common specs improving......!!!
69. meeaaoon (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
How much Nokia change in 1020 from 920? only camera? same specs same UI same design. at least Samsung managed to improve everything..
81. shikroi (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Except the 1020 is not meant as an update to the 920. The 1020 represents an entirely new line of lumias, hence the number difference between 900 and 1000.
92. Trex95 (Posts: 541; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Actually Samsung start follow Apple lead cause Apple it's Samsung GOD father.
72. rd_nest (Posts: 684; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
If I compare Nokia flagships like 920/925/1020, they don't even bother to upgrade the specs. Same SOC, same display, same storage, same design, same old UI for 3 years.
79. shikroi (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
You mean the same specs for 1 year. The 920 got announced last September remember? Having the same specs for one year really isn't that big of a deal. Its the same situation with the iPhone.
Also nokia has only been using wp for 2 years at best.
29. imkyle (Posts: 970; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I was hoping for a UI chance, but I'm guessing that will be with the S5.
48. Dr.Phil (Posts: 865; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'm not disappointed, but I am going to wait until I see what the HTC One Max offers. The one thing I was kind of hoping for was that Samsung would clean up their UI. The phone may have really great specifications, but running TouchWiz takes up a lot of the phone's resources. I'm also starting to get somewhat tired of the "S" naming on their applications. The device looks wonderful on paper, but I just can't get over the clunky UI at the moment. Maybe it will feel better in person, but I am a little hesitant at this point.
96. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
if HTC One Max have same display size , it will be double size and weight than Note 3.
Not to mention - no SD. no swappable battery, no multi-window, no S pen.
TouchWiz is the best thing that happened to Android. Just disable the features you don't like. It's simple. Other ppl may like other features, though.
101. panda123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
lol, get the iPhone 5S if that's all what interests you in a phone, having your fingerprint stored in some database
19. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Then People will praise these device because "Its the latest from Samsung". To tell you the truth I'm not impressed with this.
36. maccess (Posts: 576; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
that's fine if you're not impressed.. if everyone impressed then there will be no more competition..
88. Shatter (Posts: 1970; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I don't think anybody expected more than what this is?
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Meh, why would you want to buy this?
Haven't you heard?
There's rumors of Galaxy Note IV already!!!
I'm waiting for it...oh wait, maybe the Note V would be better, don't ya think?
30. maccess (Posts: 576; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
have you heard rumors about lumia 926 oh wait or 927 or better just wait for 1021 or 1022?? with the same ui and capability like other windows phone.. oh wait but it has pureview camera so it's enought to call it AWESOME!!
35. maccess (Posts: 576; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
then i tell you first.. no need to thank me.. that's fine you're welcome.. :)
49. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Actually, those numbers might be mixed up.
80. shikroi (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
You really aren't making a point. All the lumias have a yearly update cycle. The 900 series used a single core snapdragon processor, a non-hd display and had crappy cameras, until last september when they were updated to dual core, with hd screens and better cams as well as wp8 with the 920 series. This september marks exactly one year since the last spec bump. Are you implying that a yearly update cycle is bad?
54. Andre007 (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
LOL, the eternal cycle.
I agree, It gets to a point where we no longer appreciate what we have and nothing is satisfying, just our own imagination....
39. AnTuTu (Posts: 640; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
No doubt it is a beast. Well done Samsung and special thanks to Pranav Mistry for your hard work in Galaxy Gear.
Looking forward to see your directed wearable products for Samsung.
51. siva239 (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Man that's an ugly looking wallpaper i have ever seen
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I think it's wonderful i'm pretty sure this will be my next phone (:
3. suhas2000 (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Jul 2008)
Why is no one mentioning that the speaker is at the bottom? That's a big difference for a Samsung phone IMO...
22. joey_sfb (Posts: 2568; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
every smartphone has speaker on the bottom except for htc one top and bottom.
27. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I'm sure he knows that. What he means is that it's significant for Samsung specifically because the sound won't be muffled anymore when you're placing the phone down on it's back.
32. newbey123 (Posts: 380; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yeah, after seeing this I decided on the HTC One Max. Same specs, better build quality and design.
95. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
LOL ,if HTC One Max have same display size , it will be double size and weight than Note 3.
Not to mention - no SD. no swappable battery, no multi-window, no S pen.
6. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Part of me would love to see a Google edition but another part would miss all the S Pen brings. If they could make a stock version with SS apps, I'd retire my N4.
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Wow the best Samsung design soo far, I love it not too big as well.
32gb and 64gb version with SD card support and of course the S-pen, might be my first phablet unless HTC max brings something different.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh, you're going to get something really different with the HTC MAXX alright.
You'll get a phone for your smartphone, remember? :P
9. Joosty (Posts: 26; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Samsung customers complained of non premiumness,
Gets slapped with faux leather on the new Note 3. Doesnt get more premium than that!
17. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Looks like the back of the LG Intuition with a little fake stitching added for effect.
10. promise7 (Posts: 297; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
really like it and all except for the leather back. that's something that would make me not buy it completely, but it does give it a high fashion end style.
11. papss (unregistered)
Hmm is it me or is this article talking down what appears to be a great phone? I looked for the speakers on the front but didn't see them. None the less this seems to be a gray phone, can't wait for a real review of it.
14. RH234 (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Yup. Reviewer is not enthused. But then again the S4 didn't get glowing reviews compared to the HTC One and we all know which phone has more sales, significantly more sales. The knock on the S4 was too many gimmicks, now the Note 3 has too too many gimmicks.
18. Retro-touch (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Speakers on the bottom of phone, and yes the John V did a poor job on the hands on, and kept repeating phrases, should try to be more neutral on reviews/overviews of products there are many excited people who wanna know about the Note 3, who cares if you don't like it
34. papss (unregistered)
Ah I was hoping it was on the front for viewing movies/videos.. I understand not many have that feature but I think this would have separated this from the other phablets out there, with that being said it appears to be a great phone.
66. imran86 (Posts: 30; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Looks like the whole article is written by some apple fan to degrade Note 3. Watch out the September 10th apple event and how this guy praises the 19th century iToy.
13. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The Samsung Galaxy Note III, a phone worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Samsung Galaxy Note II. This phone will make a great addition to the Samsung Galaxy Note series, but I will most likely hang on to my Samsung Galaxy Note II until the next generation is released.
15. AfterShock (Posts: 2147; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It doesn't feel as snappy as the motox, interesting.
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 2568; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
s pen is useful to me and I don't draw well imagine what a true artist would do with its pressure sensitive pen, you tube has a lot of live demonstrations.