Samsung Galaxy Note 3 gets its Android 4.4 KitKat update at AT&T
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 11:31 posted on
AT&T finally started rolling out Android KitKat to its Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The update brings visual enhancements, improved GPS performance, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Xavier1415 (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Bout damn time!!!!!! Updating mines now. Charlotte nc area
3. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I would really like my Verizon GS3 update asap. Hopefully it'll recover some of the battery life lost in the 4.3 update. Also, I'm pumped for emoji because I'm a teenage white girl at heart.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The emoji support is amazing. Use them all the time lol.
15. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
My phone already has most of the emojis, but they're black and white and annoying to access. Really excited for native, full color support.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I prefer using Google keyboard since I can easily hold the enter button and pull up the emojis. It has a better auto correct system than the stock Samsung one too.
18. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
On 4.3 the Google keyboard only has a few, very lame, emojis.
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2259; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Whoaaaa!!! Looks like att ,finally got they shyt together..(updates)
14. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 281; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
Verizon Note 3 user here, too. Every time I read another carrier's Note got the update I'm like, "Tf bruh?"
7. nothingmuch (Posts: 189; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yaaaaaaaaayyy! Now that 4.4.3 is in tow, the wait will continue the never ending battle
8. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
And sadly, I'm still waiting on Verizon to release theirs.... Sigh
10. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Once I get my update, I won't have any problem with my Note 3 and I won't complain on Twitter about my phone rebooting and erasing data by itself. With that solve, I'm sure I'm going to win my 3rd NBA Championship! lol! :)
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Troll comment of the day ladies and gentlemen.
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Surely what a lye and a big troll he is,,,
19. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Hope it works better then the T-Mobile update of Kitkat, it was absolute hell for 2 weeks due to battery life issues, wifi dropage, cellular connection, no matter what I did and two Note 3's, it was still an absolute crap of an update. On my 3rd Note 3 on Jelly Bean and no issues. Gonna avoid KitKat all together
20. srgonu (Posts: 239; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
It took more than a month after T-mobile update.
22. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 138; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I upgraded two units and it is much faster now. Initially it kept saying WiFi too slow and would refused to connect. I left it alone and it did it by itself (both). It takes more than an hour. I had to restart them twice. Fist time the screen was frozen working only with the Spen. Clipper and avast and such show now at the bottom. The screen has more light or contrast it seems at the same settings. This is a great phone getting even better. It is amazing what a software upgrade can do to the hardware, sort of. It will resuscitate some 2 years old cell phone I firmly believe. It is incredibly fast now. I listen to Bloomberg radio, Pandora.. I use them to take credit card for the business and people are thrill to sign with the Spen. They fill good about it. The Spen is a winner.
24. Faisal8 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
When i get it to my galaxy note 3 . And I am from Saudi Arabia
26. box14380 (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I am from Dhahran, KSA. I've updated 4.4.2 Kitkat to my Note 3 from last month by rooting it through Odin.
I downloaded the firmware (from Sammobile) for release in Argentina and it just work fine and get significant improvements on the battery and others. Downside is that the Play (Google) music player was removed.
27. Faisal8 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I know I can update through Odin..But for better to have the update by the company. This is the best for my device
28. maulgandhi (unregistered)
I have been waiting for this update since the 4.4.2 leak back in January. The performance and the battery life i got from the leaked update was unbelievable. battery life on jelly bean 4.3 was ok, i was getting 15-16 hours max, but with the leaked kitkat installed it was 24-25 hours with the same amount of use as before. With the official release, i am let down by Samsung and At&t, only get 19-20 hours, same amount of use. The another let down was not to see a brand new ui on note 3. i hope to see changes in ui in future updates. With Kitkat the ram management has gotten better. So far happy with the update, besides battery life.
Hope to see new features and new UI soon.
29. cdevries (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2014)
After the update from 4.3 to 4.4.2 I have noticed that my camera settings are missing. Some features ex accessing the camera from the lock screen is not working. What do I do? Do I have to reset my cell?