Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S5 Active ruggedized editions in the works?
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 09:15 posted on
Samsung has seen a surprisingly huge positive reaction to its Galaxy S4 Active handset, a water and dust protected handset, and this might have prompted…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lop S4 active!! Everone is laughing at that phone. But if S5 looks good then it will be a great competition
29. Adroid (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
"Everone is laughing" !!!!!! Samsung smartphones "made by people who listen to their customers" been used by men how need their phone to be rugged like them, but s5 "Which need to look good" been made by and for gays how think rugged phone is ugley and not having nice smooth shape which would be disadvantage in their opinion
16. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Actually not.. Galaxy S4 active was an experiment which sold more than samsung's expectations.. Thats why they are now working full-fledged in making all their devices a water/dust proof..
Juz like Note was an experiment with huge screen & it broke all records. Then only Samsung looked into making Note as its flagship..
And why so negative?? Having a waterproof phone is only better for users. Users get all the benefit. What heat from Sony.!! The sales of Sony is not very strong..
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Xperia Z, ZR, and V has very good sales even better than S4 Active.
25. ardent1 (Posts: 1864; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
> " Galaxy S4 active was an experiment which sold more than samsung's expectations.. "
The S4 return rates also far EXCEEDED Samsung's expectations.
Never before did so many consumers believed the S4 was "waterproof" only to discover after the fact, the phone needed to be exchanged.
27. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The sales only give an idea to samsung that waterproof phones are a need of people & they would definitely buy if they provide such feature.
Quality wise the phones were below-par, but that doesnt mean that Samsung would not produce them with better/improved quality. An improved waterproof device shall be a welcome move...
(You dont have a proof that "S4 return rates also far EXCEEDED Samsung's expectations")
28. donfem (Posts: 388; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Funny that I have always believed you get a bad rep on these boards but now I know why. With lies like this, you deserve every scorn.
21. oister85 (Posts: 338; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
No I don't think samsung is feeling the heat. Samsung is straight smart.
They know their business and they are not arrogants or shy when it comes to features.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Buying the Z1 this week FULL WATERPROOF phone.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3736; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good luck Samsung... We don't want to see another fail ruggedized Galaxy like the S4 Active. :P
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
10. Kurai (unregistered)
The S4 Active is the proof itself
14. sgogeta4 (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
That's not really proof. The S4 Active is great from personal usage. I'd like to know you think you think it's a failure.
20. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hey Droid, Hmmmm. Galaxy S4 active never fails. It was a perfect Water Proof phone for me. :)
30. Adroid (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Don't say WE say I, you need to finish SCHOOL first then give prediction to what others want
7. flynfree (Posts: 364; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Water/dust resistant phone + removable battery, is still ahead of the game. Waiting for that Samsung!!!
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 1745; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
And a bunch of others spreading over a decade.
15. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah but if i’m not wrong Xperia V is the first waterproof phone without locking mechanism.
17. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Having more options from several OEMs is not bad..Is it???
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 1745; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Downvote here. I like the small frame, large screen, large battery combo and don't want extra thickness all around just in case I drop it into my pint of Guinness. I'd fully deserve the $300 repair cost for ruining that nice stout.
13. laheelahee (Posts: 206; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
what do i care? its not like its coming to verizon anyway...
19. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
S4 Active did great. I like Sony too. But S4 Active was cool and amazing water dust proof phone. Hoping that Samsung will be able to make another great Water proof phone version of the Galaxy S5! Can't wait for this Samsung!
23. tomn1ce (Posts: 92; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
They should just make the GS5 water and dust proof. Unlike what they did with the GS4, they will spend less money on development by just focusing on one model than 2 and we, the consumers, will win because we won't have to decide on sacrificing functionality between the devices just like many did when choosing between the GS4 and the GS4 Active.
26. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 462; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sony make believe,..along came sammy..