Samsung Galaxy Note 3, HTC Butterfly 2 and LG Optimus G2 prepped for Q3 launch to spar with the iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena 09 May 2013, 05:36 posted on
According to the perennial "industry sources," major smartphone vendors are prepping flagship handsets for Q3 - end of summer/beginning of fall period. While that's nothing new, it is reassuring to hear another source confirm that Samsung, LG and HTC are working on the announcements of their next best things...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kurai (unregistered)
lolololol 5.99 in. . in the future, the note 20 will have a 20.99 in screen
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 922; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
No, they will reduce bezels, keeping the device size same. But after that I don't see much scope of screen size increase.
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What is the use of flexible displays for a phone when neither the frame nor the battery can be flexed??
27. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
So they could have a fold-out screen? Then they actually could put a 20.99" screen on the Note!
45. pslee (Posts: 35; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
exactly my point. but i guess they can change the shape of the phone like the original nexus and the curved screen can come into effect at lower cost. not sure why they are trying to implement flexible screen. maybe its cheaper for them
66. theuncannyhigh (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 May 2013)
they have introduced flexible battery already. And if you have watched CES 2013, no frame needed for the flexible screen. Furthermore, flexible display doesn't necessarily mean flexible like paper, simply "flexible" like one of nokia's concept.
25. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, HTC Butterfly 2, Sony Honami, Nokia Lumia 950/EOS (whatever it is called), LG Optimus G*, etc, etc... VS iPhone 5S?
Looks like iPhone 5S's gonna rank last (if it is just another incremental upgrade) LOL.
72. omar300 (Posts: 157; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
you nailed it. honami is only phone that im looking forward to, other are pretty predictable.
55. Reverence (Posts: 197; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
you can increase the size by .2inch by reducing bezels but you cant increase by .5inch by reducing bezels!
30. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
You mean Samsung smart TV with note feature Lol.
49. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Out of all those phones mentioned the Samsung Galaxy Note III is the only one I am getting. I STILL can't imagine how ULTRA SEXY a 5.99" 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED screen will look like.
We all know the Note III will have almost no bezel making it look like the phone is just pure screen and nothing else!
Guys I think I have a problem... I am dreaming of the Samsung Galaxy Note III at night now. lol
My wife is going to get my rooted HTC Droid DNA while I get the incredible Samsung Galaxy Note III. Is it Q3 of 2013 yet? :-(
65. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 262; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Your not alone man. The Note 3 will be my first phone I pay full price for. After having this Note 2 since November it's like my view on all other phones now is warped. I see someone with a smaller phone and I just think aw good for you lol.
68. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah, i'm completely spoiled by screen real estate. I did play with the Xperia Z and the S4, but I'm spoiled by the sheer size of my note 2's screen. I really hope the future nexus will have some phablet-esque screen size lol. I would be content with 5.2 inches.
67. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
But what if t there's a sexy 5.2 Nexus 5 coming out?????? LOL. How's the DNA treating you? Are you running any custom roms?
37. wiiandds (Posts: 27; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
while am i getting so many thumbs down. it just want i want. iphone loves :P
39. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
U still dont know d answer?
PA community is full of immature haters
Cmon give me thumbs down coz ur one of them :)
Wiiandds and samsung ddnt do anything to ruin ur life haha yet ur full of hate or too much fanboyism
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
OPTIMUS G 2, HTC BUTTERFLY 2 cant wait.
4. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Easily the Galaxy Note 3 for me come October. Nothing else will matter period.
8. blingblingthing (Posts: 328; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Finally. Android talking the fight right towards apple.
All that's needed now is some intuitive ads like what Samsung does.
9. kvk066 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Though I hate to say this....but so many flagships from so many companies to target one phone...ACCEPT IT... Apple is still ruling...
48. Aeires (unregistered)
Actually, they are targeting consumers.
62. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
who said they are targeting only apple..they target each other..do you think htc targets only apple and not samsung, sony.. such a childish comment
69. donfem (Posts: 399; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
How can you "rule" when you are trying very hard to be seen? You are dwarfed amongst "giants" and you say you rule? Nah
10. waqarzec (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 May 2013)
HTC butterfly will beat all the others very easily
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 742; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Sequel to my baby? EXCITED! :D (Butterfly2)
12. jonartpop (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
iPhone 5S would survive anyway. I don't think Sony/LG is a big problem for Apple, but Galaxy Note 3. Well I'm so excited for what Note 3 will offer...
21. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
And still ugly with plastic design
42. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Haha.. LOL @ how stupid u are :)
I know ill get more red marks than u, coz i know ull have stupid supporters aka sammy Haters :)
54. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Sorry but i never hate sammy, i just hate how they suck in making phones, they are beast inside but ugly on the outside. Where the hell did the 22Billion they earn if they cant provide us the better build up.
60. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Haha how they suck in making phones haha??
Plastic=not a better built phone? Haha
Talk w/ ur senses
73. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
did i say plastic?? differentiate the looks of S3 to S4
there is a news that samsung design team promise to focus on design, so this is what they called new design, S3 copier.
whose talking sense now!!! LOL
17. fanboy1974 (Posts: 820; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I love android!! Hit them early in the year with the HTC One and S4. Then finish them off with the Note 3 and others. Droid wars 2013!!!
Apple is crazy to do battle with a iPhone 5s.
18. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
As sony is bringin cybershot back, this is interesting, another one aspect on phone that will mark the world!! Goodluck to all mobile. Let the dissapointment begins
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god, LG Optimus G2!!!!
I'm very excited!! Can't wait!!!
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LG is special you know.
LG - Life's Good
Samsung - A korean guy's first name Sam and last name Sung (Full name : Sam-Sung)
LG's logo is Pacman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
Samsung? Just a blue oval logo.
70. donfem (Posts: 399; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Speak for yourself. making dumb statements is uhhm ... very dumb. "I" want LG and not "We" want..
23. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
No doubt! HTC Butterfly2
Samsung for kids.I says NO to Samsung!
35. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
congrads? sales wise most people dont agree with you
24. tiara6918 (Posts: 1106; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
HTC butterfly2 should be water resistant again like it's predecessor. As for the note3, I'm already contented with the 5.5"inch on the note2 but if they can manage to make the screen bigger and at the same time still a compact phablet then I'm all for it!
26. smutty.puppet (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
butterfly2 will eat other phones like a delicious pie . you have my word :)
31. smutty.puppet (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
last year butterfly proved it with more powerful cpu than note 2. highest screen resolution ever (the first full hd). highest sound quality( now just htc one can beat it) and amazing body quality
43. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Butterfly really turned me on but note2 is in its kwn league and android flavor, thats why people bought it--productivity at its refined level
71. xsmartphonex (Posts: 35; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
how is it going to eat others??, it wont even sell half of what the note 3 sells
28. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Damn you, HTC! I swore I wouldn't buy another of your phones after the Rezound, but I would definitely consider a DNA 2 (Butterfly 2) with OIS camera and stereo front speakers. And I'd forgive Verizon for not offering the One.
IF they also put a bigger battery in it.
32. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
you really needed a source to tell you what we already know? What about the sources that say the note 3 will be bigger?