Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with a 5.5-inch screen to be announced late August?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 08:23 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note is probably a great illustration of swimming against the tide - while screen sizes were rapidly growing last year, the huge leap to a 5.3-inch display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3852; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am so waiting for that phone/tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will just be EPIC!
2. tiburonpineda (Posts: 39; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
do you mean is waiting for ICS update right, because already came with gingerbread.
4. ph00ny (Posts: 591; Member since: 26 May 2011)
and ICS updates have started rolling out for a while now
43. JGuinan007 (Posts: 629; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Not for North American Versions so far only T-mobile will have ICS when it's released in a week or so.
48. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
i got scared when i read that for a second. I think Phonearena is mistaking it for the Dell Streak. haha!
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
for the record the galaxy note comes with Gingerbread, the note was waiting for ICS and it was rolling out in Europe (read the update brick issue) so only US is missing the update for now
8. dcgore (Posts: 204; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Instead of including a custom cover, Samsung should include a pair of pants with pockets big enough to carry the phablet.
55. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
If I could I would thumbs this up 10 more times....you dont know how disturbing a phone that size is.. :(
this is only plaguing the phone world and making other companies buy into this bulls**t....bigger is not always better my friends
9. mercorp (Posts: 967; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Dream specs for galaxy note 2:
minimum 5.3'' super amoled plus 1366*768 display
Exynos 4quad/5 dual
new and improved stylus
now I need the $.....:(
26. ph00ny (Posts: 591; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Make that 1920x1200 if we're going up to 19xx resolution
15. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Ultimate dream specs
the 5.3" screen at 1920x1080(full 1080p hd compatible with youtube, and other video services)
Intel core i7 3920xm quad core (with hyper threading to 8 cores)
and for gpu would be Nvidia gtx 680m
minimum 4gb ram
new and improved stylus with more functionality
and a battery thats capable of 10,000mah lol
Thats a dream phone lol but that would be one hell of a phone to show off haha :D
16. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you can keep the 1080p. you cant tell the difference between 720 and 1080 at that level... however it will eat up much more battery life and processing power.
better would be SA+ RGB 720p at 330ppi.
however, ghost, you want a full PC in your pocket.. lolol.
25. ph00ny (Posts: 591; Member since: 26 May 2011)
mathmatically 720p res at 330ppi with 5.5" will be impossible
35. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 201; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
hes tired of his porn having to buffer
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3945; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Dear God, it sounds like you just want to carry a desktop everywhere.
37. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Remixfa true about the resolution on the screen but were just dreaming here right now and a high ppi would be just as good to me.
Berzerk000 yeah a "portable" computer would be a better term than a smartphone haha
DigitalBoy05 shhhhhh lol jk haha XD, your comment made diet dew fly across my desk lol +10 rep to all haha
57. Riven (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Just FYI the original Gnote had a 800p display, granted the long size wasnt 1366 (1280) :)
29. MARKSPEAR77 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
iphone 5 killer is the right term, lol.......
30. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
than u can meet galaxy note 2 behind the Bar
34. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Stop it! There are no phone killers whatsoever. Just sounds stupid. Samsung has its followers and Apple has its followers.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
maybe they start including the ON screen buttons and that's why they will add the 0.2" we already see advantages of having on screen buttons on 4.1 and this will keep happening, maybe if they narrow down the body.... who knows it might feel better in the hand
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 639; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
May be they are going with the much common 16:9 aspect ratio like 1280x720 or 1920x1020 for screen and NOT 1280x800 of OG Note...
In that way, they can fit 5.5" screen on that old 5.3" Note easily... Further I don't think Sammy will adopt on-screen keys now...
14. Gemmol (Posts: 494; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I would only get this if it is a big update from the original if its like galaxy 2 to galaxy 3, its not a good buy, unless you the type to have the latest trend, but if it is a really big update I might just sell my Galaxy Note.....best phone samsung ever made by the way......I just hope they wont put the same chip as the G3 because that chip and 2 gig of ram is not a big reason to give up my Note
18. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Ok Samsung, You Can take my money, I'm sold! This will be the bombshell device of the year sitting next to the GS3 :DD
44. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
FYI plural of Sheep = Sheep
If your going to insult people, you should at least come off as more intelligent then they are.
45. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
We ain't sheep, were smarter than that,
#1 iOS-Automatic Drive
#2 Android-Manual Drive
We Android users like the challenge of customizing our phone, while 1/2 of iOS users just like a simple phone *no hating on that, that's their choice, and the other 1/2 are the "think Apple are the best" iSheeps. :))
21. kindahipdude (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Is there any chance this will hit Verizon??
22. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Okay, that's it, I can't wait til' Q4, I'm going back to a RAZR(tm). My DROID CHARGE is too "buggy" and my iPhone 4S has far too many liMiTations for my taste; iDon't even have a "trademark" symbol key on this iKeyboard (see above first sentence) and, more importantly, iCan't even directly reply to comments (even when using Dolphin browser). I miss having a REAL smartphone, although, my iPhone 4S is a great music player especially when coupled with DJ Pro (Algorridm).
I'll just get another RAZR(tm) for now but, I really want the G-Note on Verizon; OG or G-Note 2.
My DROID (dis)CHARGE...
Pros: Great large screen with beautiful vivid colors; direct downloads, all file types including movies/videos/music (not just from any App Store or Play Market); removable/interchangeable and expandable memory via micro SD; no "Syncing" necessary just move to memory card or copy to memory card; etc.
Cons: Slow; Stock Browser not smooth and renders slowly, force closing too often (tried other browsers, i.e., Dolphin, Skyfire, Crap'Zilla with similar performance issues or performance limitations; call quality SUCKS.
My iPhone 4S...
Pros... Great Music Player and Music Organization; Good call quality (better than my dis-CHARGE); good battery life (one could argue the point, "well it's got to since there's a lot you can't do).
Cons... There is a great deal of web-related activity that you simply can not do (anyone ever hear of being able to download content not just from the App Store); no Flash makes most websites elementary, including PA; tiNy screen (but web-pages render beautifully).
31. Hammerfest (Posts: 368; Member since: 12 May 2012)
As someone who owns the OG Galaxy Note...
I cant friggin wait... I wont have the cash of course, but ill be damned if I wont salavate each day until I do!
54. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 980; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
my wife has the note because the camera on the SkyRocket messed up on her. Ive been dreading everyday that she has been using the phone............not just for personal use but business as well
the Note 2 will make her phone look a lil old lol
36. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
If it comes in black, grey or red then it would be really cool. I hope it launches the same way the SIII did. Verizon better get it.
53. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 980; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Verizon doesnt have a choice, they have to get it. they already have a delay on the S3 and the Note has been one of the most popular phones in the world since its introduction in October of last year
I tihnk that it'll go to AT&T, Verizon , and Sprint
38. glf752 (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
my only questions is what carrier will it come out on
39. ckapasi (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
You mean waiting for ICS update rite? Original Galaxy Note has started receiving ICS updates in India... :-) btw.. heats up a lot while using the internet or even while charging.
41. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Alright, here's the thing.
I want to get rid of my computer and tv in order to reduce my electronic environmental footprint to the minimum.
And this is why this device is the first one that could be up to that dream of mine.
I just want that "unbreakable" flexible display!
It will make me feel completely relaxed with the size of the screen-the current note just has that handle with care feel.
Other specs - rgb hd or pen tile full hd amoled, Exynos 5, 3000mah battery, some serious piece of camera, 2gb RAM.
Make that, and i'm sold
42. cncrim (Posts: 478; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
hope Sam will included Quad core and alot more Ram.
46. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
They will, Quad Core+4.1 JB+Higher Resolution+More
49. Wildmanfan (Posts: 224; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I am counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds till this launches! I can't wait till I get to jump ship to AT&T. CAN'T WAIT!
50. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
The 1080p screens that LG recently announced were in production would be ideal for this device, if any. Because anyone with decent eye sight would be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p just like we can tell the difference between Super LCD and PenTile. Slap on a 13MP camera with a good image sensor and this phone could become an ideal Tablet Replacement.
51. maverick786us (Posts: 117; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Howcome it has a smaller size whern its screen size is bigger than orignial note? I hope this time they use some good premiumed material compared to cheal knock used in orignial note
58. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
less bezel. Possibly different aspect ratio.
52. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 980; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
im DEFINITELY waiting for the Note 2 to come out. My wife has the Note and she loves it for both business and personal use!! my only concern is the price. if its $250 for 2yr new/upgrade price, then im all for it. $300 seems to high for me
59. Barbara (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Funny to read these after-the-fact. It came out, soared in sales, and gave people carpal tunnel because it weighs 180 grams! Okay, I made up the last part. I wanted it (on At&T, 4GLTE) here for my San Francisco graphics work to jot down visual ideas but when I felt the thing I knew it would end up on the floor quite often because of the weight. Weight, battery life: still elusive.