Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 release date is October 10: record 300ppi and S Pen for $550
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2013, 08:59 posted on
The Note 10.1 2014 Edition sports the highest resolution of all category slates this year, with the Super Clear LCD sporting 2560 x 1600 pixels - that is over four million dots present on the panel, for a record 300ppi tablet pixel density. It is also the ARM-based slate with most RAM onboard, as the 3 GB will come in handy when you miltitask with the included S Pen stylus, and the suite of apps for it. The processor that powers it all is no slouch, either, as a quad-core Exynos 5420 will breeze through everything you throw at it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. xfire99 (Posts: 349; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Me too, but too bad the price is too high and will choose ASUS Nexus 10 instead, when it release. Lower price, high resolution and will only miss S-Pen, really love it on both mine Note 1/Note 2.
12. 123Andy (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
I'm getting it. I don't even want to see the iPad 5 because there is no way it could be better!!!
15. papss (Posts: 2883; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
The iPad will be better simply because the better tablet apps.. That's androids big weakness.
19. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
And those apple apps are really stopping the ipad marketshare from dropping. Right
20. E.N. (Posts: 2217; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Regardless of marketshare, the iPad has superior 3rd party support and therefore an arguably better tablet experience.
25. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Totally agree with you. I love Android phones but the tablets are a no go because of the apps plain and simple. I even tried to give Android tablets a second chance last month and went and picked up the Galaxy Note 8.0 and now it's sitting on the dresser waiting for a buyer on Craigslist.
22. papss (Posts: 2883; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Fact is a fact no matter how you want to spin it. There's a reason the iPad is the standard.. I'm not an apple guy but its true.. If I wanted phone apps on my tablet why not just buy a note 3.. Just like a game system is only as good as the content..play store is severely lacking in proper tablet apps period.
24. PootisMan (Posts: 174; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
This is not the only or the first highest resolution 10 inch tablet. Nexus 10 anyone?
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I would love to, but where is the:
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 470; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
sexy tablet, ill be selling my original galaxy note 10.1 for this.
5. Hmong_Xiong (Posts: 31; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
ooh, micro usb instead their own proprietary charger :)
11. giani (Posts: 184; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Why would you put PHYSICAL BUTTONS ON A 10 inch slate ?!!?!
13. Tuxedo (Posts: 91; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Because the iPad has one. But seriously, why is that so bad? Other than Touchwiz, I like what I see.
9. papss (Posts: 2883; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Love the specs but thought the price was going to be a smidge less.
14. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 302; Member since: 24 May 2011)
That ...well...its a good price..hmm
16. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
But still it cannot think of beating iPad 5
17. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
It already beat the ipad i'm wating for the next nexus 10 that will be groundbreaking can't have time to look at the ipad 5 same thing as ipad 4
18. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Exactly. It's funny how people forget this is ANDROID os we are talking about. The ipad will forever be limited by it's os. If you for once second think an ipad is more productive then a note tab think again. I know a guy who used the last note tab for his insurance company. Saved him a lot of space because he doesn't use file cabinets anymore. All records are on the note. It worked so well he got his whole company a note 10.1 to do work on. I'd like to see childish looking handwriting on an ipad because it doesn't have a digitizer.
23. papss (Posts: 2883; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Wow you know a guy that used his not tablet for company use? All tablets that are worth can be used for work. The iPad software alone embarrasses any android tablet. You're talking nonsense, you must be drunk
26. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Good grief. Do you ever get tired lol. Childish handwriting? Well I use mine for issuing receipts that require a signature with a 3rd party stylus and it works just fine. I too do not need a file cabinet and send my signed receipts to Google Drive. For as limited as you say the OS is, it's definitely better supported and developed for at the tablet level which is my main concern. 159 posts of the same crying and arguments. Just give it a break at least for a day.
21. FazlurKhan (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Good price. The Wacom support must have brought it up. Great gadget!
29. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
All tablets and phones lag at some point or another. Give it a rest already. This tablet has some great add ons that will not be seen on any other tablet. I just wished their was more tablet specific apps in the Play Store. That's the only downside of this product IMO.
30. papss (Posts: 2883; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have to agree.. Only real knock is the tablet apps but that isn't really SS fault either. Screen does seem unbelievably amazing
28. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I bet that screen is absolutely amazing but they put the button in the wrong spot.
31. JMartin22 (Posts: 527; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It's an excellent tablet indeed. But despite all the major under-the-hood improvements, their asking price is too much. They're not Apple, they don't get to be an established authority figure when it comes to price tags; especially with their lesser-known tablets.
They're not in a position where they can make 30-45% profit margins on each of these devices the way Apple can. I wish they would stop trying to rush that process so they can increase sales [and by extension, awareness] of the tablet brand they're finally starting to take seriously.
33. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
This will be my next gadget, the screen is so awesome and s-pen is a plus. I will buy this once the price goes lower. I don't care if few tablet optimized apps the android has, important is productivity and usefulness. The openness of android males it more compelling, if you don't like something from your tab, just tweak it.
35. BooBooooooo (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
$550 is expensive? it's clear that it will be priced more expensive in korea than US as always. Korean pepole expected this 16GB model would be $700. I hate Samsung's policy
36. ChafedBanana (Posts: 350; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Not sure how THIS has the highest resolution OF ALL. The Nexus 10 has the same vert. and horz. resolution and is 10 inch instead of 10.1. So the Nexus 10 should have the highest ppi.
37. affandi (Posts: 82; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Finally specs that's not from 2009.. yes Tab 3 im looking at you, now release the Tab 4 8.0 with these specs and you got a winner
38. Rongocook (Posts: 75; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Hell of a Price! Better buy the new ipad.
39. jess1963 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Despite the American sounding voice in the video, sim card capability will not be available in the United States. Wifi only.
40. Jmaler (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
I'm in for the 3G 32 gig international version as soon as they hit the market, whatever the cost. It will replace an Acer 5610 laptop and a V551 Motorola very old style flip phone. I'm hooked on the s-pen feature. I will use the WiFi feature mostly while watching the Tv. The occasional cell phone calls I make are via T-Mobile "Buy-The -Minutes" plan I've used for several years. I normally take msgs. on my cell and return the ones I need to, so the larger tablet will work just fine as a cell phone considering the way I use cell phones.
41. hellonerds (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
16gb needs to go away specially on this.. note 3 dont come in a 16gb.. 32gb minimum. .