Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 found to have 2GB of RAM and SMS
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2012, 18:57 posted on
We all knew the day was coming soon enough that mobile devices would finally bump up the available RAM and head towards the 2GB mark, and it looks like that day is here as a new unboxing of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is showing that the device has...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Me2..... but what about the specs: is it
A15 QC running at 2.5 Exynos?
23. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1217; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
No. According to the spec sheet in that picture, it is still the 1.4 ghz quad-core A9 processor found in the S3, which is still a really good processor.
25. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
they are produced. Just not for mass production.
2. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Samsung u should-ev made it 3GB ram, so when running
over 70 apps there will remain 2GB. 1GB for browsing,
opening 5 tabs and still remain 1GB where Android OS
ICS will take 550 MB of ram....... is it asking to much.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why would you run 70 apps and a browser with 5 tabs at the same time?
8. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
there is an app called System panel. download it and open
it, there u will see that there are over 50 apps running
at the back-ground.... and also another app called
10. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
its good to have reserve power. just when u need it.....
14. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Allso there are other apps and logs that the Android OS
28. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Devices with just 1gb of RAM operate well (HTC one s and x, sgs3) why would 3gb be needed now?
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If the Note has a telephone number (which should be part of a broadband data capability), SMS should be a no-brainer. Absent a dedicated phone number, maybe Sammy is going to do something along the lines of iMessage.... Magic 8 Ball says stay tuned for more litigation between Apple and Sammy.
7. Elvis. (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
"...but it was pretty nice to see the 2GB of RAM listed on the box itself"
Funny you say that now since not long ago you were downplaying the need for more RAM.
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
On phones yes, but more RAM on a tablet always seemed more useful
13. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Both is useful and essential..... A must!
17. Elvis. (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
True, more RAM on a tablet is more useful than on a phone.
But if we want to make sure that phones will get future OS updates and have true multitasking (see HTC One X) and be able to run future software, then 2GB's of RAM is important.
19. ph00ny (Posts: 1244; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Wouldn't phones need more ram than tablets since most phones perform similar tasks as tablets on top of phone functionality and radio connectivity?
9. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
What this tablet should've been
1. 1920x1200 display to compete with TFormer-Infinity and iPad 3. Without this, it basically falls from high-end to mid-range, to bad it already has. With Gorilla Glass 2.
2. 2GB of RAM, multi-tasking is much more relevant on tablets.
3. Exynos 5250 Dual-Core clocked at 2GHz or more with Mali-600 (I think it is?) for improved GPU performance over Quad-Core Exynos 4412. It's a shame that tablets run the same processors as smart-phones as of now.
4. Beefier battery to accommodate screen.
Seeing how well the GS3 has been selling recently, I'm sure Sammy could fit this into the 500$ price, ASUS almost matched these specs, opting for a faster Tegra 3 and less RAM, at 500$.
Seems like Sammy has been slacking off in the tablet industry as of late, allowing Amazon, ASUS and Apple to get the upper hand.
20. ph00ny (Posts: 1244; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Mali T604 and T658?
I hope to god they never use another nvidia setup ever again
21. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Agree. true. EXYNOS+MALI for entertainment+ PVR for graphics.
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
Does it have JB on board? I think from now on JB is a must for high end Androids.
22. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't think so, it looks like ICS to me.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm not that into tablets, but the recent ones are starting to look appealing. If i do get a tablet, it will either be this, the Huawei Mediapad FHD, or the rumored Nexus 10. Or maybe the new rumored HTC tablet.
26. redfarid (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
i will buy this..the s pen suitable for student like me..
hope Korean version and international version have same spec..
30. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Dammit!!! Why did I bought the P-3100 tab 2,, should have waited on this ;(