Samsung Galaxy Nexus successor said to pack a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, same 4.65-inch screen
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 06:09 posted on
A Samsung fan site is speculating that a successor to the Galaxy Nexus is in the works. The handset in question is said to be codenamed "Superior" and supposedly carries a model number GT-i9260. As a side note, the GT-i9250 is the HSPA+ version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus we all know and love...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
34. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
instead of the new nexus , i think this phone is the rumoured galaxy s2+
39. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
The inclusion of an SD card slot does seem to support that hypothesis.
2. hateftotti (Posts: 199; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think it is the best way for Google to sell many Nexus.The price will be affordable this time and thanks to Jelly Bean phone will work smooth without any lag.
So it can be considered as a smart movement from Samsung and Google.
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
Affordable does not mean low specs. Google should continue with Nexus 7 strategy.
14. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the $200 phone UNLOCKED! yeah yeah yeah.
16. kweldude101 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
maybe not that low but at least under $400 unlocked would be nice
24. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Gnex should depreciate upon this release... 300-349? hahaha. ill keep dreaming.
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I agree. Their next phone needs to be at least a quad-core if it's going to be an ARM A9. If it stays dual-core then they really need to have an ARM A15. Anything else would be a BIG disappointment.
I like the screen size but bigger would be a plus. 4.8 inch would be nice. Also 2GB of RAM should be standard among top tier phones. 8MP is fine with the right lens & all the other Google goodies that come with a Nexus is standard as always.
Every Nexus has been a big leap features wise & I don't see the next Nexus deviating from that mold.
This is just RUMOR. Google wouldn't do this especially after all the great features & specs the Nexus 7 has. Why can't they do the same with the next Nexus?
11. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I want to see quad core snapdragon s4 krait , 4.7inch superlcd2 with 1366 x 768 resolution , 2GB of DDR3 ram , camera at least 8mp (i dont take a lot of pictures anyway ,
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey that sounds GREAT to me. I will jump on that sexy boat.
+1 to you too.
15. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Make it the mpq8064 Quad-core, at 2.0Ghz, 3000Mah, then root it, overclock it to 2.5. With 3Gb Ram.
25. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
thats a little too much .
But there is something in my head for a while now dont know you guys will think i am crazy or not ?
Remember sharp's quattron ? Sharp should bring this kind of display into its mobile screen .
27. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 174; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
and get your balls to melt when put in your pocket ;)
42. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Btw I if it doesn't have microsd slot or removable battery , I am okay with that
4. dblue45 (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Why dual core? -.- Might end up being a cons at the PA review, if it actually is dual core!
5. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Nothing is confirmed yet. It should have Quad-core.
17. kweldude101 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
it could be quad core but if they make it quad core the price will go way up and the Gnex has proven that with jelly bean, u dont need a quad core processor to be smooth
38. Aeires (unregistered)
Agreed, with JB consistently pushing 60 fps, even on an older Ti-OMAP processor it's super smooth. Unless there's a significant battery life improvement or seriously need it for future proofing your phone against unknown advances Google is getting ready for, some of the dual cores are enough at this point in time.
7. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Sounds nice but not Galaxy S3 standard..
10. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Nexus with microSD slot ? I really don't believe this
26. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
me too , i dont think samsung will get the next nexus anyway and i dont think Google will pack such terrible specs into the next nexus , it will at least comes with a tegra 3 . So i am 100% confirm this is fake
30. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Well you better slap your face and try to believe this, the more who believes makes the wishes come true :}
13. VJo003 (Posts: 359; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Samsung will get the next Nexus... When was that confirmed?
18. kweldude101 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i hope samsung will so that they can use the oled display
20. fistigons (Posts: 336; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I don't know why everybody is complaining. My laptop is 1.5GHz dual core. It's also 4 years old, runs a crap load of programs and it still runs fast. I'm sure google tested the quad core and maybe they are leaning towards a better battery life. This phone will still run great as long as it has jelly bean on it and can handle the next great OS. I'm personally hoping for a great camera and more ram. I'm really hoping the sd rumor is true.
22. kweldude101 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
thank you! Jelly Bean has proven to run on the Gnex just as fast as the S3 runs touchwiz. id rather google keep the price lower and increase battery life than adding an unnecessary quad core processor. 2gb ram, that 8 mega pix camera, and an sd card all combined and at the most, maybe $400 unlocked. now that would be perfect!