Samsung Galaxy Nexus might land on Verizon November 17
1. warlockz posted on 04 Nov 2011, 04:40 4 0
Good time to be with Verizon granted their expensive but its worth the premium for their strong coverage.
2. HTCSAMMYGOOGLE posted on 04 Nov 2011, 05:40 2 0
Verizon will get the galaxy Nexus 1 week after the htc rezound! I have 10 people at vzw who tell me this!!
6. PotDragon posted on 04 Nov 2011, 06:53 0 0
If the first NINE people you CLAIM to have asked were realiable and knowledgable, then why did you ask the tenth?
10. roldefol posted on 04 Nov 2011, 07:34 3 0
It turns out he was also the 10th dentist who didn't recommend Crest.
19. McLTE posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:22 1 0
3. mctcm posted on 04 Nov 2011, 06:00 2 0
That would be nice. Thats within the 14 day return period if I dont like the Razr
4. kenshiro posted on 04 Nov 2011, 06:18 2 1
Verizon wil be the only carrier offering the Nexus subsidized, sure. That's not to say the GSM variant won't be available in the US on the 17th as well.
8. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 07:10 1 2
there is no truth to that kens,
sprint has already openly talked about having it in store and the GSM variant passed the FCC a long time ago. Hopefully it will be in all stores this year so we can see the android flagship vs the apple flagship in a real fight.
9. kenshiro posted on 04 Nov 2011, 07:25 2 1
What do you mean? Please re-read my comment. I was saying it is possible the GSM variant will be available on the 17th as well.
15. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 09:14 2 2
i ment about VZW being the only one to subsidize.
18. kenshiro posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:14 1 0
Well, on the 17th Verizon will be the only carrier to subsidize. THAT's what I meant.
21. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:31 0 0
Hopefully they dont have a long exclucivity so sprint and Tmo can have it in their stores ASAP.. I cant imagine that they have more than a week or 2 for exclucive.
23. roldefol posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:32 2 0
It wouldn't surprise me if Verizon gets 1-2 month exclusivity though, leaving the others to pick it up after the holiday rush.
33. CRICKETownz posted on 06 Nov 2011, 01:43 0 0
I'm just excited that Verizon is getting it at all. I remember the original Nexus One release where a "coming soon to Verizon" quickly turned into Google's graceful bow-out at the last minute. Been waiting on some LTE goodness since the Thunderbolt but wasn't overly impressed w/any of them. the Prime is right up my alley
5. BuckeyeCadet86 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 06:28 0 0
Where will you be buying an unlocked version in the US? You'll have to go international to get it unlocked
14. bossmt_2 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 08:56 1 0
Google released an unlocked GSM Nexus S and Nexus one. You can buy them on amazon,
11. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Nov 2011, 08:07 1 0
Between the RAZR, GALAXY Nexus and the Rezound, it is going to be some tough decisions to make for Android fans. I suspect it will be tough decisions for Android fans on AT&T and Sprint....
12. iamcc posted on 04 Nov 2011, 08:23 2 0
Agreed. I am waiting for all three to hit stores but for me it's really between the RAZR and Nexus. At this point the only thing I want to confirm is that i'm okay with the plastic feel of the Nexus and then it's getting the green light...
17. terabyteRouser posted on 04 Nov 2011, 09:49 2 0
Yea I want to be able to pick up all 3 on the shelf on the same day and determine which one I want.
20. McLTE posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:25 6 0
For me, It's between the HTC and the Nexus. If the Razr had the higher resolution screen, it would be in the running.. no battery removal bothers me too.
I'm leaning towards the Nexus for the bigger screen and really, the fact that it's pure google.. knowing the updates will hit my phone fast will be very very nice!
28. warlockz posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:14 2 0
Yea this is what I'm thinking, bigger screen, removable battery and there is that assurance of receiving timely updates.
13. bossmt_2 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 08:54 3 0
Better be true, I need a new phone and I want this.
16. android1234 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 09:39 1 0
So is it only coming with 16gb built in? Not a 32gb variant?
22. roldefol posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:31 0 0
Seems to be the current standard. 16 GB built in, 16 GB card expandable to 32 GB for total of 48 GB.
27. roldefol posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:59 0 0
Right, and neither did the Nexus S. Google is trying to move Android away from removable memory, but the other manufacturers haven't yet.
24. jessevh posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:51 0 3
You what I don't underst is why the nexus only has a 5 megapixel camera when it should have an 8 it's seems to be less instead of more that is a draw back I think
26. sgogeta4 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:53 3 0
Megapixel count is just marketing BS. If you have a good sensor and lens, even if you blow up a good 5MP, you won't notice a difference in quality vs. a mediocre 8MP shot.
29. _TheGreatIam posted on 04 Nov 2011, 13:42 0 0
This is the hardest decision I've had to make, and I've had to make a lot of tough decisions....I'm looking forward to actually seeing them all in person. Luckily I'll be able to handle the actual handsets. I'm greatful to work in a Verizon retailer. I'll get a close look at all of these phones before the general public. #STOKED
30. roldefol posted on 04 Nov 2011, 15:38 0 0
What's great is that the Razr, Nexus and Rezound will be on the shelf together in a couple of weeks so that we can all compare them side by side. None of this spacing things out by 14+ days so that anyone with buyer's remorse can't make an exchange.
31. _TheGreatIam posted on 04 Nov 2011, 16:20 0 0
Plus my upgrade isn't till January, if anyone comes in to exchange for any reason I'll know what, if any, issues they had with the new phones.
32. threeline posted on 05 Nov 2011, 11:06 0 0
How the hell did VZW pull this off? Somebody is getting a big bonus for work of bringing in new key products for the holiday season, while us sprint customers are getting a BIG BONE for the holiday!
34. CRICKETownz posted on 06 Nov 2011, 01:49 0 0
You got the iPhone 4S...what are you complaining about? Plus when the EVO was a big deal back then...y'all were on top of the world. Now it's someone else's turn to get some Android shine. Relax.