Samsung Galaxy Nexus appears in Verizon's system with LTE, pictures from the phone pop online
29. ltr (unregistered)
BIG 3 from Verizon coming soon.
Droid RAZR (AKA Droid HD)
HTC Rezound (AKA Vigor)
2. xenover (Posts: 171; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Boo, not a world phone. If they don't release the gsm version in a month or two I'll be SO pissed.
4. zippy7 (unregistered)
But do you think they really care if you are pissed??
12. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Is anyone really surprised? CDMA, GSM and LTE radios/antennae/SIM cards all on one phone hasn't happened yet, and if the Prime is as thin as it looks I doubted it would be the first.
27. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Looks like the HTC Rezound (née Vigor) will be the first global capable LTE phone. So there's one reason some might choose it over the Nexus.
3. _adam (unregistered)
20. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Alton Brown seems like he'd be an Apple fan... either way, SWeet!
5. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I wonder what samsung took out of the Prime because of apple?
9. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that was a baseless rumor. i doubt they took anything out. they didnt wait till last minute and then go "woops, hey we should remove things". Anything they wanted removed would have been gone long ago.
10. ayephoner (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
and one that made no sense. patents are public record. apples plans were kept under wraps, but its not as if they had surprise patents.
25. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
considering how little changed in iOS5 other than adding android parts, anything that they felt was a violation and may bring the flying monkeys from apples castle to sue them, would have been altered. That was my point. :)
6. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung should rename to "Samsung Nexus" remove the word "Galaxy" due to Apple ban on Galaxy line of smartphone.
7. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Sorry..the radios in samsung is by far the reception is horrible..the phone itself has monster specs a d looks good on paper...but can you talk and keep a signalfor data connectivity and a a previous user of the samsung flipshot...omnia....glyde...yeah glyde..rogue....fascinate and charge...i find that none of them can hold a decent signal on vw..and its not the network because on my d3 and bionic4 bars everywhere to include LTE
23. Really??? (unregistered)
So Samsung gets such horrible reception but you owned not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 but 6 Samsung phones. Either you are an idiot for repeatedly buying bad phones or a liar.
8. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ALTON BROWN!! rock! lol. hey, he got his hands on the nexus before we did!! lol.. pays to be a celebrity
15. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
I'm with you on this. please, Please, PLEASE release on AT&T......day one.
16. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Sounds like you need the Nexus more than AT&T does at the moment. They can focus on the SGS2 - which they thankfully left almost untouched from the international version - as their premium offering for a while.
It would make sense for them to intro a GSM-LTE version for AT&T sooner than later though.
18. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Yeah. If the specs live up to expectations and ICS is as awesomely awesome as predicted then I need this phone to live.....lol...j/k
19. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
To anyone complaining that your current smartphone is old, outdated, slow... just be grateful you didn't buy a dumbphone in 2010 like some of us. It's been a rough year. ;)
24. Orbitman (Posts: 109; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
agreed! can you say Samsung Intercept? worst decision of my life...
28. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Normally I'd take a dumb smartphone over a smart dumbphone, but holy crap the Intercept has a lousy screen.
13. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
This is a serious contender for our cash if we meve to Verizon, although the Vigor and the Bionic also remain in the hunt. Will depend totally on those three devices reviews and user reviews.
14. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm starting to wonder if the Nexus is getting pushed up and the Vigor getting pushed back in the schedule... we haven't heard a peep from the Vigor in the last 2 weeks, while the Nexus leaked all over and is getting introed in just a few days.
21. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
This needs to come to T-Mobile on day 1, we were screwed on the SGSII with the Snapdragon processor replacing the Exynos, give us a phone that can contend with the best of them!
30. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Lol this rumor is a joke they had the same type of news when they stated and showed pictures of radio shacks inventory that listed the iphone 5 what happened to that? Until I hear it officially launched I will be excited.