Samsung Galaxy Nexus ad promises $199 price, hints at Nov 29th release
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2011, 09:31 posted on
With a couple of high-end Verizon LTE handsets coming out recently, you might have thought that Big Red has settled on $299.99 as the final price…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. noahbf (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Apr 2009)
The price change would make it so much easier to justify!
21. douglasman100 (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
that would be awesome if this was the 32gb also but probs is the 16gb. also hey even if this is fake maybe verizon will make it a reality...
3. Kmack (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
Do we know for sure there will be a 16GB model? Its possible that they'd advertise the 16GB model and then when you go to buy it, stores can upsell the customer to the 32.
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Good move by Verizon/Samsung if the model has 32GB storage - maybe if it goes to 1c before my 30 days is up, I would trade it for my RAZR.....NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
7. yossarian (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I'm hoping all this comes together...my upgrade date is 11/30, and that the double data promotoin holds.
8. bossmt_2 (Posts: 444; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I refuse to believe anything til it happens, but if this does, will be the second best selling phone in America.
9. MetalPhoenix79 (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 May 2011)
I'm still of the belief that it will be the 32GB only.
10. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
i wont believe a release date till it comes from verizon. my heart is getting tired of being tugged around.
12. Lionheartcahc (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
as much as i want this phone and really want to think this is true.i'll believe it when i see it!! i got told (and a friend of mine was there as well) to my face by a verizon employee that the galaxy nexus would launch on the 21st! this is another case of just another date to get excited about..then angry as hell when it doesn't launch.i'll be off contract with verizon on 12/3 so i'm waiting until then,after that i'm done and i'll hold on to my phone and wait for the galaxy s3 (i don't care if it is april/may) and import it first day and go month to month on at&t.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
If this is true, I might just have to pick one up.
14. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The 29th might just be the pre order date! then the release in December.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
finally.. launch the darn thing so we can get past the VZW exclusivity period and get it on all carriers!!! :)
18. Lionheartcahc (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
i hope you are right for your sake if you want one but all the signs are pointing to it being a verizon only phone here in the states. in the fox business clip the guy as much as said so without just coming out and saying so. if you didn't see it search it and watch it and see if that is what you get out of it..i certainly did. without watching it again i believe he says that the s2 (the worlds best selling smartphone) is available on the other u.s carriers and with the galaxy nexus that verizon will have the galaxy brand too.i think if it was going to available on all carriers even if there was a period of verizon exclusivity he would have said so. just my 2cents
19. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Just broke my Thunderbolt... Really hoping this releases on Monday
20. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Verizon is finally realizing that the more expensive they put their phone the less people are gonna want to buy them. nice move big red