Samsung Galaxy Nexus UK launch confirmed for Nov 17th
0. phoneArena 04 Nov 2011, 05:24 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first handset to come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but it's also its huge 4.65” display with a resolution of 720x1280 pixels…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. kenshiro (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
That is the price. For the UK and the 1% of the US able to pay that ridiculous amount for a Nexus. It won't launch for in the US for $880, more like $549 or $599 off contract.
5. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats because europe and the britts have that rediculous VAT tax that jacks the price of everything so high.
6. kenshiro (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
That's right, I forgot about that. That would make the phone like $730 in the US, if you subtract the 20% VAT. LAME!
I was really hoping it would be less, the PS3 wasn't even that much when it launched at $600! The prices of these phones have inflated far beyond their actual worth. There's just no way the Nexus costs Google/Samsung any more than $300/each to produce.
4. aviatorarun (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
I have a bad feeling that it is going to $700+
7. cncrim (Posts: 417; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Dont run out and get the phone in the first month the phone come out, it will be crazy expensive, get few month later specially after the holiday then the phone will way cheaper.