Samsung Galaxy NX takes Android cameras to the 20 MP with interchangeable lens level
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 13:17 posted on
The mirrorless camera seems to take in the footsteps of Samsung's top NX 20, and sports a 20.3 MP APS-C sensor that can blast the ISO up to 25,600. A 4.3" touch display is adorning the back, showing Android 4.2.2 under TouchWiz, just like on the S4 Zoom, and there are 1080p video capture abilities and LTE connectivity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Seems like a great camera, but Samsung didn't slip a price tag for it?
59. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Oh wait, this would be more interesting if they put front facing camera! LOL
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
this is one powerful DSLR for sure but god hate to see the price
37. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I really wish Samsung could come out with a DSLR, but unfortunately, their NX line including this camera is not considered as a DSLR, it's a mirrorless camera.
55. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right, but their NX line is quite popular in the mirrorless segment and they do the job well. The NX20 is on par if not better than certain mid-end DSLRs.
5. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
No need.. I'd still prefer Nikon and Canon, no OS needed.
21. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Really because correct me if I am mistaken, I can't share to instagram Facebook or anything else from my canon, stop idiotically hating on Sammy this is a beautiful device!
26. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
One Sign of Fanboyism is calling a brand in a pet name.. Come here "Sammy Sammy Sammy" LOL
42. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Are you mentally stable? Cause you really should be tested!
35. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Yes, but why would you spend $1299 for a camera with limited lenses and experimental O.S. Imagine how long it would take to turn on! If I want a DSLR I will buy one, If I want a "Phamera" I'll get the Galaxy S4 Zoom. Leave the Cameras to the Camera Company's and the Phones likewise. Its not a bad concept, and I'm sure that many will buy it... But for the money I would rather buy a Full Framed 5DII or a D300 for you Nikon lovers.
46. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
If you want to share the picture you've just taken, you're not a camera user, you're just a camera phone user. REAL photographers don't just share a photo
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dude, they don't need to watch out. they are still best.
and your comment is nonsense.
23. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah sure, tell that to sony, parasonic, nokia, hitachi, pioneer, sanyo, motolora,etc.
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they know that's why they r not making camera like this.
54. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I guess you misunderstood me. Many of those names are fomer #1's in their respective fields who laughed at samsung and got their butts kicked. 5-10 years ago, who would've thought samsung beating sony in tv, nokia in cell phone,etc. Is camera next? I wouldn't bet against samsung for sure.
65. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
so you mean samsung gonna beat nikon and canon in camera department?....r u sure?
40. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No need to watch out. The time this camera would take to turn on, Nikon and Canon would have captured hundreds of photos.
44. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Because this can be like them? lol
Not even close, not even.
4. JaseelEbrahim (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Have a good time playing games and browsing the web on it.
7. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Just few of many possibilities....like putting special effects, putting special touches on pictures right then and there.
11. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Man if you are a PROFESSIONAL Photographer you don't need any digital touches. Buy DECENT LENSES..
32. illiad (Posts: 128; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
yup, this sammy will do decent interchangeable lenses TOO!!!
48. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Can it match my 18-135mm IS STM? I think not. and that's the most basic lens I have
13. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Do you know any professional photographers? I heard someone say that nowadays any self-respecting pro photographers use digital touches before print.
Besides, most people who buy these cameras are not pros.