Samsung Galaxy Music is now official
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2012, 06:26 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Music is out and boy is it a surprise! The Galaxy Music is an extremely affordable Android handset coming with... a built-in pico projector…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Samsung needs to hire a new designer asap.
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
The intent is good...but the result is UGLY!
Interesting concepts should be funded and encouraged on full basis rather than some half-baked output just to test the market
13. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Intention and concept is good but the design is terrible. The last good looking phone from Samsung was the Omnia.
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I agree but the Note 2 has the oomph factor as well.
But the besphone I consider to date from Sammy is the first Wave. The whole thing was chiseled metal with AMOLED. I still love the design!
26. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
people said same things about the design of S III and look at the sales of SIII and N II. if people only wanted beautiful phones they would only buy htc,nokia,sony. but Sammy outsells everyone including iphone.
its a mid range phone and looks okay. nothing to brag about but it will get the job done like every other Sammy phone in its class.
P.S. - they dont make beauties but they sure make beasts.
33. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
i have the wave....it basically set a benchmark....first to have the latest wifi....first to have the latest bluetooth....n on n on... :)
31. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
What, you want it to look like the galaxy S3 like how the iPod looks like the iPhone? I don't think so, Samsung is a trend setter. It will get/ look better when theres more to come.
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I won't say at all that this is a bad handset. It's a fantastic addition as your secondary phone, as well as a music player. If the projector rumour is true, it will be a pleasant surprise. Samsung would definitely make sure the battery provides enough juice to drive it. Taking that into mind the music playback hours should be long enough. I am an addict audiophile myself and can judge the sound quality well. I'd be looking forward to compare this with the other handsets offering premium audio.
Nice work, Sammy! Once again proved that you care for taste of every kind of twisted mind.
27. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
+1 for you bro
5. emitchell4luv (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
wat version of android is it running on
6. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
dont compare this one with SGSIII pls. keep in mind that it is a low end android smartphone
8. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
How dumb do you think people are?You have to agree the design sucks.
28. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
why do you think some one "have" to agree with you ?
you sound pretty dumb to me
7. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
wtf do i need a projector for? they should have put a slightly better camera or a slightly bigger screen instead, dont really care about the ppi. and is that gingerbread? I thought samsung was giving low ends jellybean as well but no matter, if they just take off that ugly touchwiz. and where is the dedicated music button? That design isnt gonna make it sell.
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol you are so pissed xD
Calm down and relax. You'll see beauty in everything :p
Because I'd definitely accept a tradeoff having a small screen if they are throwing in a WVGA pico projector!
14. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Ok i calmed down and looked at the pics again and you know what? I SAW EVERYTHING EXCEPT BEAUTY. btw can you tell me the practical application of the projector, just curious if im missing something.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
See the second one, looks fantastic from sides, right? and the shade of blue they are using, looks nice. Well it's matter of personal taste. I like this one AS A SECONDARY PHONE. I don't expect likes of Lumias and HTCs compared with this.
Ahh don't ask me that question, dude. I'll tell you why.. first of all excluding this projector will make it look almost like a galaxy Y or mini. This is a clever move to create a hype. I don't know about europe and US, but in some developing markets product sales are driven through hype it creates. Also it's offers something to show off between your friends.
18. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
ohhhh, i see. so it doesnt need to have to have a use, its just for showin off and make it sell coz few people give a thought to it. now that i think about it, it would be fun to say "ha your iphone doesnt have a projector coz it sucks"
19. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The Projector is NOT a part of the phone.
29. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
stfu and stop posting your bs. if you dont need something then dont buy it. it doesn`t mean that no one needs the feautres you dont.
32. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
You are the one who needs to stfu because SS has released a statement saying that stating that the projector being a part of the phone was a typo. Read the article on gsmarena and then come back and say what I'm posting is BS, idiot.
35. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you are an idiot sir. my comment was for SonyXperiaNexus.
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No camera flash. Instant pass. 800 mhz, 3.2mp camera, 3" qvga, 3g. Sounds like sammy had a bunch of transform ultra parts left over and decided to slap them together with some speakers and call it a new phone. E for effort.
Also 4gb is not a lot of losless music at all.
34. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
It is a budget music phone for developing markets, you can't expect mind-blowing set of features in this phone. It has an expandable memory upto 32 gb if it is not enough for your lossless music, invest more and get a galaxy s3 or even better get a harddrive pmp.
12. structureman116 (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
C'mon people. Its a low end android model whose main function is for it to be used as a media device for listening to music and watching video. Any of you who expect top quality design on a low end model device are naive!
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Lg's L series is a great example low end can be a great design. The lower end Sony's as well. And all those l series and sonys have at least 1ghz, 4g and 3.5" wvga. What sammy did here is a big misstep in my opinion.
30. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
and how many L series lg has sold ?
probably less than cheap galaxy y
20. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
This phone will sell millions no matter how much you hate especially when its priced so low. Not everybody wants a high end phone and i won't be surprised if this unit sells more than than upcoming flagships from other mfgs.
It's funny that Samsung smartphones doesn't have that wow factor in looks and ends up on the high selling side.
21. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Samsung what are you doing? Samsung staph!
22. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
If this is indeed a low end device, I don't see any reason why people who won't actually buy this device want to break their heads!
23. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Me To galaxy music: GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!
25. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
It DOES NOT have a projector..
see the same news on GSMARENA.com, samsung has contacted them and told that there is no projector in it.
36. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
really ugly phone! sammy's designer isnt inspired by human now!!!
but atleast a good device to replace galaxy y!