Samsung Galaxy Mega official on AT&T, Sprint and US Cellular this month
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 09:29 posted on
If you have been worried sick that the US is left out of Samsung's Mega race, you can sleep tight this evening, as AT&T just announced it will be carrying the Galaxy Mega 6.3 starting August 23. Actually everyone is calling it just Galaxy Mega in their respective press releases, and Samsung adds it will also be available on Sprint and US Cellular "this month". Sprint will, of course, bundle it with the Unlimited Guarantee plans, whereas on AT&T the phone will cost $24.99 with Next, or $149.99 on a two-year contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
$150 for that!?!?! I call free on contract because of poor sales within 3 months.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Free on contract would be basically a steal. Obviously not going to happen.
5. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Their like $400 unlocked, this is not a flagship its a mid end.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
US Cellular? Which not all four carriers...?
6. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
US Cellular is like rank 7 in subs. Where I live I know their coverage is horrible
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's garbage in Chicago. Sprint performs better than they do, and that's saying a lot.
20. downphoenix (Posts: 2235; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
kind of Ironic really since US Cellular's HQ is in Chicago.
BTW they are selling that market off to Sprint, so US Cellular will be gone, Sprint will hopefully improve there.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Can't believe I didn't fix that typo.
15. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Talk about USCC one more time and I'm quitting this website.
7. shamashu9 (Posts: 51; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I think I will switch to this Samsung mega plastic phone. Take,my money.
8. ibap (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
This is about like holding an iPad mini to your ear.
14. MEeee (Posts: 189; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Wait until Apple make one like this size, then it would be perfect for you.
12. rallyguy (Posts: 441; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I think I will get this. I'm looking for a large screen phone. This meant a Note series. I can't justify $300 for a Note 3 so I was looking at the Note 2. This may be even cheaper. The display is almost as good. I don't care about a stylus. Mega, your on my radar.
13. sniperdroid (Posts: 89; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I might also get it because of the big screen plus it's cheaper. But then again I already bought the S4 and I'm no Bill Gates sooo a maybe for me.
16. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 933; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
It looks like the Galaxy Mega is a nice mid range smartphone for those who dont have the money to pay for the Note II or the upcoming Note III. Im too much of a "internal specs" guy to not go after this phone when im ready to upgrade in december. Im looking forward to the Note 3, Nokia Phablet, and the even the HTC phablet
18. orielwindow (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
Another cool phone not on Verizon. Sigh.
19. razmahtaz001 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 May 2013)
i dont mind these specs on the mega 6.3. i currently have a LG Optimus L9 and i use it mainly for watching streaming videos (clean 720p, no lag and unlimited data with tmobile), browsing some of my favorite website, checking emails and txting...none of which requires the latest and greatest specs and it works great for what im using it for.........
im hoping tmobile will get this phone, if not, then i will buy an unlocked version which is currently selling for 460.00 at negri...way way way cheaper than current or upcoming android phones that cost/will cost 700.00+