Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 stops a bullet, saves a man's life
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 03:10 posted on
Do you remember the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 – a behemoth that will hardly fit in your pocket? Well, it's okay if you don't remember this mid-range niche device, which is already getting rather long in the tooth by today's standards, at least spec-wise. However, the Galaxy Mega 6.3 decided to remind us about itself, as it reportedly saved a man's life...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. twens (Posts: 905; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Lol, it's so funny I don't even know what to say. Snyways, thank God that bullet didn't penetrate his body or he would have been watching netflix on his mega 6.3" in hell.
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That's cool. Lots of stories alike these days.
4. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Bigger phone, bigger protected area. If this guy using 4" phone, the bullet might miss the phone, and he might be dead.
Samsung plastic is as strong as HTC metal.
5. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
LOL at the "Wild West style". You should see the taiwanese congressman fight with a gangster style.
6. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I'm surprised the story title didn't read something like Samsung protects hoodlums ;) Since the one who got shot at wasn't the rightful owner of the device.
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 1224; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
I'm surprised it wasn't the S5
12. DogeShibe (Posts: 1106; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
When the mighty 3310 can blend,obviously this will too :D
14. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Nope, it was a modified and less powerful gun.
See Yahoo news (https://www.yahoo.com/tech/chinese-mans-enormous-samsung-phone-stops-bullet-aimed-93326121694.html)
The fallen man was carted to the hospital by friends. Medical staff and police discovered that because the shooter was using a “modified” and less powerful gun, and because the bullet first hit the victim’s shielding hand, the sturdy Samsung Galaxy Mega phablet — which is Samsung’s largest phone, featuring a 6.3-inch screen —in his chest pocket had stopped the bullet cold.
15. ACE_16 (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Aug 2014)
Good job sammy. It might be made of plastic but it's insanely durable.
16. SilverCenturion (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
Samsung can advertise IP XX - Bulletproof :P
17. RobotMan (Posts: 144; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Other manufacture can make hp with Kevlar and promote as hand gun bulletproof. They can sell a lot of phone as you have to carry 40 pcs to cover all your body!