Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 big-screen phones detailed further
0. phoneArena 08 Apr 2013, 06:41 posted on
The Galaxy Mega 5.8, codenamed GT-I9152 is now claimed to feature a 5.8” qHD (540×960) LCD display, 1.4 GHz dual-core processot, 8 MP rear camera, and a 2600 mAh battery, all in under 10mm thick chassis. This one will be in a DUOS variation, meaning you will be able to use two SIM cards and carrier networks at once...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That's awful! PPI of less than 200!
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Samsung is heading no where with these phones.
Maybe they want to see if people would buy large screened phones before they make a move on Note III.
43. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
"Samsung is heading no where with these phones."
People in others countries do.
51. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm quite not getting your comment.
People in other countries do what? And which country it does not??
54. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He means that people in other countries have nothing wrong with the design and those Galaxy phones sold very well in other countries............
57. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
country like indonesia realy love big phone
23. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But some tabs and touch computers have such ppi. Bigger screens can be viewed farther so lower would seem ok...but the price wouldn't I suppose..
28. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
really...1080p is the trend, which means that 720p is a must for any mid ranger
29. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
we want more choices,but we don't want the same phone with different names...seriously, 720p display panels, quad core processors, gorilla glass 2 aren't really expensive, this is 2013...
and both the phones will be priced between $400 to $550
i like the idea but the specs are a very bad...
waiting for the nexus 5 is a better idea...
42. JEverettnow (Posts: 228; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I think they are making these phones as inexpensive alternatives to the Note II and potentially the Note III. I also think they are for people in other markets other than the U.S.
2. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
5.8 inch display with 2600 mAh only???
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
obvious both phones are meant for cheap markets bring on the note 3 rumors!
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Awful specs....just awful...the gargantuan screen made it utterly useless due to the low ppi.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No thank you, I don't like "DUOS", and the 6.3" is too big for me.........
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
getting bigger and bigger again n' again Lol and same design
i will see tv size samsung phone in future.....!!!
.php?fbid=534875493235490&set= pb.120674037988973.-2207520000.1365427971&type=3&t heater
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy TV (S20)
-Design for Gorilla hand humans :)
24. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Samsung gone mad!!seems they will end up the galaxy mobile series with a tv size screen!!!ridiculous configuration!!
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL. No, this is a "smart" configuration from SamDUNG, or I mean Samsung........ xD
30. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
its funny coz sammy started making note size phone and now every mobile manufacturer company is just doing the same btw that pictures was lame :)
53. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What if the pictures were real, Samsung really admit it was only designed for gorilla hand humans? :)
6. therealestmc (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Rotfl, are the people at Samsung going insane? They are diluting the galaxy brand even further by releasing devices like these.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They are confusing Apple ... who are in a fix as to what size to aim for :)
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
"5.8” qHD (960×540) LCD display, 1.4 GHz dual-core processor"
Orrible screen with an outdated SoC under... no thanks!
31. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
this is not a flagship phone i dont know what are you really expecting from this phone but i think this phone is for those who can't afford flagship phone
33. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
there are many companies like micromax, huawei, zte... etc that are making much better phones for cheaper rates, so that is not an excuse
this phone will be priced at $450 so its not really cheap....if google can sell the high end nexus 4 for $299 then samsung can make a better phone for $450...
this year, samsung doesn't need to spend more than $200 to make a galaxy s3...even with much better specs as compared to this one
720p panels, quad core processors are getting cheaper and cheaper, gorilla glass 2 costs $3