Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 DUOS leaks, still a jumbo phone
0. phoneArena 15 Jul 2013, 08:54 posted on
Well, well, well, what do we have here? What you're looking at is allegedly the dual-SIM version of one of the biggest smartphones known to history - the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 DUOS. As you can see, the DUOS variant's styling is pretty much identical to that of the single-SIM Mega 6.3, and apart from the ability to cram two SIM cards into that plastic shell, anything else seems to have stayed the same...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another day, another Galaxy..... never gets old.
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
at least samsung understands that there are more markets then the rich.
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
And never too young!! :D
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I saw and handled the review unit of the Mega 6.3 in person for the first time a week ago. Gawd, that thing is just too big.
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony Xperia Z Ultra says you're wrong. :)
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6684; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
The Xperia Z Ultra is the largest phone too date 6.4" SCREEN FULL HD WITH quad core
25. skyline88 (Posts: 342; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
and with ugly thick bezels and ooops camera without flashlight...
26. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Z ultra not yet available here i think; but a phone the size of a passport might make sense for travellers, not me, who uses his phone single-handedly most of the time. Unless maybe in another year or two, flagships get so large that i have no choice.
31. megadroidz (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I choose Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 over sony xperia ultra
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
samsung have more galaxies than universe.....!!!
17. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Could say the same for Nokia Lumias and Sony Xperias, c'mon, every OEM is overcrowding the market with confusing names and numberings. Only Apple and HTC as of late seem to have done it right and managed not to confuse consumers.
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
hey dude they just annouce few but sammy annouce bunch of galaxies. that's y
i don't see nokia confusing, they put perfect name with numbers so everyone can remember easily.
BUT still samsung have more galaxies than universe.....LOL
19. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Not bashing Nokia or anything as I place them highly in terms of quality equal to Apple, but there's no doubt the numbering gets confusing, 620/720/520/920/925/928 with more numberings which confuse the hell out of you and so on. Think the break to 1020 made sense for the flagship model.
There's no denying that Samsung's Android lineup is one cluster fack of a mess but don't have random letters and numbers for their equally confusing range, all OEMs are guilty of producing a phone that looks almost identical to it's sibling regardless of it's number iteration and Nokia/Sony are guilty of this too, only with HTC as of late can you distinguish a One from a Butterfly.
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And we have the award for the most brain dead ignorant commenter.....congratulations!
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
jealousy dude. lol
u know truth hurt everyone. LOL LOL LOL
4. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Same old look. No variation! Just imagine how all these galaxies will all eventually and simultaneously look old when samsung releases a new design!
15. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Samsung keeps the same design for 2 years that is why the s3 and s4 look so similar and thats also why phones like the note 3 will look like the note 2. IF you want a new design scheme you will have to wait till the S5 is released.
6. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Lol and I thought apple was the only company who got bashed by its same boring designs.
9. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
At least they have different screen size.
23. skyline88 (Posts: 342; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
ROTFL any mid range Android/Windows can easily eat Apple for breakfast afterall fruit is meant to be eaten
7. _PHug_ (Posts: 386; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I love the screen size.
I use smartphones more as a portable media/entertainment center than a phone. I can't remember the last time I've used over 100 - 150 minutes in a month.
Problem is this phone is lacking in the stats department. I need more power than this phone is offering so IMHO this is a wasted model.
16. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Ok, dunno what happened to my comment but PA's comment system is seriously messed up or i need to upgrade the very ancient iMac.
13. Gaurav008 (Posts: 279; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But the Single sim version has 1.5 GB RAM, isn't it?
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Where the hell is all this Samsung hate coming from? Someone please explain or is it just a few Nokians who belive Samsung is their mortal enemy!
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2809; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow great!!! I liked the design of original Mega 6.3 and not of 5.8, but 5.8 has smart dual sim feature which I wanted in Mega 6.3 and now they have come up with this (hope smart dual) and my wish got true. I'm happy :). Now Looking for the price which needs to be same / less as that of single sim one.
30. webvigour (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is exclusive with its Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system which ensures increased performance. Love this machine due to its advance features.