Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 goes official: Europe-bound and coming in May
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 05:50 posted on
After numerous leaks here and there, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 has just been officially unveiled and it is coming to Europe and Russia in May...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
instead of making plastic big phones, try making aluminum/glass/Premium quality phones! 4.5 inches of pure premium quality hardware is enough!
5. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Instead of using plastics it still weighs too much.
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
you say hardware is enough....so you would rather have a beutiful looking premium phone without any hint of decent hardware running a terrible os...lets face it the reason why smartphones are smart is because f there hardware, take that away and you have got nothing...
3. JunaidZaka (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
It is powered by the Exynos 5250 chipset, like the one that went into the Google Nexus 10 so there won't be any performance issues at all considering that on the Nexus 10 the T604 GPU had to drive a 2560 x 1600 pixel screen while here its going to power a 720p screen
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Is it really the 5250? I thought A15 was too power hungry for phones without big.Little?
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1796; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm with Bezerk on this one. It's a qHD screen, not an HD one as you stated. It's possible that it could be the 5250, but a phone like this doesn't necessarily need that kind of power. I guess we'll have to wait to see.
4. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
185g? Thats too much.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
182g? You wanna compete with the Nokia Lumia 920 , eh Sammy boy? :P
8. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Sammy fans were arguing that Lumia is too heavy. Now what will you say Sammy fanboys?
9. Yeahman (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The Lumia 920 is a 4.5" device, this is a 5.8" device. Why compare the uncomparable?
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Because this is a device of 2013 with spec of 2011 era! That's what all of you would say!
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, the weight!
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 - 182g (5.8")
Nokia Lumia 920 - 185g (4.5")
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Nokia at those screen dimensions could weight 220+ :)
31. akki20892 (Posts: 2282; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
about 300+ men.....!!! but solid piece, and unbreakable......!!!
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sammy fans : "What? What? We didn't said that before!!!"
Me : "That's what she said......." :P
7. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Every upcoming is phone is getting bigger and bigger :(
What about those who doesnt have big enoughhands to hold it?
10. abecedef (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Battery is 2600 mAh if someone wants to know :)
12. mercorp (Posts: 945; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Samsung,those it mean that the note 3 will have a 6.5 inch display?
17. riosworos (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
It seems you guys are forgetting its just a mid-range device....!!!
18. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
one day a samsung phone will come with screen size 10 inches. and again will ll make fool of themselves. poor samsung, ur just making fun of a thing called INNOVATION. again same poor old and rotten stuff from sammy as usual. alll junk plasticcc!!!1
21. KickRocks (Posts: 95; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
I like Samsung but these "phone" or "phablet" sizes are just getting stupid. They are realistically impractical to use as an everyday device.
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Anything above 5 is plain STUPID. Can't be wearing Pyjamas to office ...
24. iDio1s (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
You guys are so blinded. Complain just like when the Note was released. You don't like it, buy a smaller one. This is the low end phone, so many stupid people around.
25. iDio1s (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Just wait for next year when Apple, Sony, HTC, Moto and Nokia make bigger than 5.5". These iGnorants and iDiots will say they are perfect sizes.
27. iDio1s (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Same crap I read when Samsung released 4.8" and now 5" you all think is perfect.
28. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Samsung made money from large screen phones like Galaxy S2, Note, S3 and NoteII now being too greedy now and going over he top now.
30. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Samsung, please hire some good designer. This design is getting very bore.