Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 will be launched next week (at least in India)
Officially announced by Samsung at the end of November, the new Galaxy Grand 2 is now ready to be released - at least in India, where it’s been formally presented today.
The Grand 2 will be available to purchase in India starting the first week of January 2014 (that’s next week). Its retail price will be between $370 and $400 (22,999 INR - 24,999 INR).
Succeeding the original Galaxy Grand - launched around the world in the first half of this year - the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 brings improvements in all departments. It has a larger, 5.25-inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels, HSPA+ connectivity, a newer quad-core 1.2GHz processor, and 1.5GB of RAM. Dual SIM capabilities are also included, and this should make the new Grand 2 quite popular in emerging markets. On the back of the handset you’ll find a faux leather texture (similar to what you’re getting with the Galaxy Note 3), as well as an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes in three color versions: black, white and pink. It’s launching with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on board, but, rest assured, it will be updated to KitKat at some point.
sources: Samsung, AndroidOS.in
1. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
1.2 Ghz Dual-Core and 720p display? I think that is only just and just enough power.
6. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
It is running a Unknown quad core processor.
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ok, thanks for information. The article said dual-core.
10. Florin.T (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Indeed, it actually has a quad-core 1.2Ghz CPU. Article updated.
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
As per this article-->http://tech2.in.com/news/smart
the processor is Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (which is great for such device)..
14. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
But the price is very close to the Galaxy S3 which is i much better device... I wud prefer S3 over Grand 2
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2614; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow lovely, I'm waiting for this phone. I wish it has a price of around $325 (Rs. 20,000)
3. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Isn't it a 1.2 Ghz Quad Core? Thats what the phonearena specs sheet says.
5. XaErO (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Dual core or Quad Core Processor ??
Kitkat for sure ?? .. is it officially announced that this device will get a taste of Kitkat ??
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It seems that article says dual, but it really is quad.
7. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
too late, in q1 2014 will has many phone with greater spec(include 1080p FHD display) and priced around 400usd
12. taikucing (unregistered)
Don't worry, as long as Samsung logo sticks on it, it will be sold well.
11. taikucing (unregistered)
This phone is like Note 2 on a diet, and minus the Amoled display too.
15. ivicky (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I had a hands-on.it has a quad A7 processer (may be snapdragon 200) and a adreno 305 gpu.