Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 finally available (only in India for now)
The Galaxy Grand 2 is Samsung’s second handset to come with a faux leather back, the first being the high-end Galaxy Note 3. Its features include Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, a 5.2-inch 720p display, an 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.9MP front-facing camera, quad-core 1.2GHz processor, 1.5GB of RAM, and 8GB of expandable internal memory. The handset is 8.9mm thin, and includes a 2,600 mAh battery. The Indian version of the Grand 2 comes with free access to Club Samsung for three months, allowing users to enjoy music, movies and mobile TV in 9 Indian languages
We don't know when the Grand 2 will reach other markets, but it's probably safe to assume that it's going to happen in the near future.
A new, different Galaxy Grand model, reportedly called Grand Neo, might also be released by Samsung soon. This should be cheaper than the Grand 2, offering lower-end specs (including a WVGA 5-inch display).
source: Samsung eStore via AndroidOS.in
1. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
How does the saying goes? Another day another........ ;-)
4. Commentator (Posts: 2402; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
...Another billion dollars into Samsung's wallet?
7. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Everyone gets so fcking excited when a multi billion dirty..corrupt bla bla corporation THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE JUST OWNERS AND SHAREHOLDERS that are already loaded makes even more billions...unless you are all students.. Will u chill the fck out ! My God...the quality of members on this site is appalling..
This fanboy ism war gets more and more pathetic...
9. apple4never (Posts: 947; Member since: 08 May 2013)
you my (friend?) are more appalling and pathetic than your post. sorry to say it but its true
10. tenho1982 (Posts: 58; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Another post on PhoneArena about a previously leaked and more-leaked and not-yet-confirmed and rumoured device rolling out not even in their country and another anti-fan commenting without reading the whole post.
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hey buddy take my galaxy grand 2, he think its a galaxy grand 2, but I gave him galaxy grand. Lol
Thankx Samsung for giving us same design so we can make people fool like apple do.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2402; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, the guy's getting a free smartphone, so he can't really complain either way...
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I haven't mentioned free. I gave him phone and he gave me money. I sold it.
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3441; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Come on dude. It just a story not real.
12. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 387; Member since: 24 May 2011)
So you are a cheat? Is that your point?
15. Reality_Check (Posts: 269; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I think he'd be pretty dumb to take it. Grand has glossy plastic while Grand 2 has faux leather. A little bit of research on everything goes a long way.
13. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 387; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Although people complain about this phone, this phone is perfectly suited for Indian market. That around 20k mark is where most people go for a smartphone.
I guess the only competition it will have now in that segment is Nokia 1320 and some Xperia phones. I would choose the Grand.
14. ashwinjoze (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
Agree. But the launching price is still little high.18-19K would've been good. Let's hope for a price drop soon.
20. mohsinsaifi (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
nice phone for internet user and big storage.....
visit my site...
22. pureviewuser (Posts: 137; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
There are more galaxies than in the Milky Way!!!!! Anyway we'll done Samsung keep up the good work!!!!
23. nickola1221anderson (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is genuine smartphone of this modern era. Its light and works smoothly and is based on the Jelly Bean platform. Flipkart-Snapdeal-Amazon is offering this smartphone at discounted price.