Samsung Galaxy Gear might come along with Galaxy Note III in September
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 07:33 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch should get officially unveiled on September 4th, at Samsung’s Unpacked Episode 2 event taking place at IFA 2013 Berlin…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Yes, future seems to be closer. Thanks for very innovative Technologies of Samsung! :)
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Let's see if it will be one of those very few watches that comes in glossy flimsy plastic.
11. HouTexan (Posts: 280; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Your Life just isn't complete unless you get your subtle jab in, huh?
19. shuaibhere (Posts: 685; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
do you know what is flexible display made of????
once flexible displays comes to action...plastic will be material of choice...because it is more durable than aluminium and glass....
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Oh dear, I was soooo looking forward to the iWatch for my 18th birthday but the terrible news is that it won't launch until next year and probably with last year's hardware. This, however, sounds much more tit'illating!!! A flexible display with Google on board: Samsung you can't go wrong. An awkward moment will be seeing all the iPhone users hold their iPhones (which, more than likely will be hooked to wi-fi) whilst displaying this "fabuloso" Samsung Smartwatch on their wrists; ooohh the iRony!!?
8. darkvadervip (Posts: 260; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Hope the smart watch don't be like the galaxy zoom or galaxy player
9. HouTexan (Posts: 280; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Looks great! Can't wait to see what they do with it.
10. xtroid2k (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I want one. So how soon till scotty can beam me up! Lol
12. rallyguy (Posts: 401; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
It has been said for some time they will get released together. I think it's more than just both being released at the same time. I bet money the N3 will have software that will work with the watch, maybe not the stylus, but I'm sure the N3 will have specific functions on the watch.
Samsung may even launch them as a package deal. Kind of like Sony and the Z Ultra with the small companion phone.
18. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
a package deal would be awesome! i'm a little hesitant, but that'll def.ly push me over the edge :)
13. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Looks great and those concept looks cool and a little childish too...
15. PhoneCritic (Posts: 331; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Wow!!! Pretty cool if this really happens. Samsung will be ahead of everyone. Funny how some are saying that it will be plastic and forgetting that the display is made of flexible - you guest it plastic.
16. bparkerson (Posts: 100; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I believe we're on to something here!!!
17. amats69 (Posts: 792; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow i want one!looking forward for this samsung gear smartwatch
21. ChafedBanana (Posts: 350; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Oh, must have. Can I not get one in all black?
22. McLTE (Posts: 612; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Man I hope this is NOT anything like the version that will hit the shelves.
Screen wrapped around your wrist? Seriously? You'll scratch it silly typing or resting your hand on a desk/table etc.
With that concept, you'll have to either rotate your wrist to awkward angles to view the whole thing, or rotate your watch. No thanks.
I love the idea of a smart watch, but I don't want to look like an idiot doing it. This concept screams "I live at home in my mom's basement"
Please make a NORMAL looking watch with a reasonable sized screen!
25. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
It does seem like Samsung is rushing this to market for innovation points. I think a curved display is necessary but this one is too big.
26. PhoneCritic (Posts: 331; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
"Screen wrapped around your wrist? Seriously? You'll scratch it silly typing or resting your hand on a desk/table etc."
Again it's made of plastic remember the hammer thumping display we saw when flexible screen were first being mention. A normal LCD shatters when hit with the hammer the flexible plastic takes a licking but keeps on ticking. its flexible plastic that is highly resistant to scratching or breaking.no need for Gorilla glass.
" love the idea of a smart watch, but I don't want to look like an idiot doing it. This concept screams "I live at home in my mom's basement"
I'm sure this being Samsung there will be a Flex mini to meet other peoples desires. It does not scream I live in my parents basement anymore then when the first iPhone, ipad or Droid, Nexus did. this will be another status device in my opinion just like Google glass.
28. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Wait wait wait. Come along with, or be sold along side of. "Come along with" has much more intriguing connotations in my mind.
Ahhhh.... pipe dream, i suppose.
30. droidboy (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I would totally get one of the watches... as long as it works with my note 2!