Samsung Galaxy Gear gets its first custom ROM
16. rihel_95 (Posts: 293; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Can the custom rom take more than 15 sec video?? or capture without making a sound??
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
YES it can. Go to the XDA thread. lol
2. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Like it or not... The Galaxy Gear represents the next step for mobile communication devices and now that the 'hacker' community is embracing it as a platform, things can only get much more exciting.
Let's see what kind of 'copying' certain other companies will attempt as they jump in (unfashionably) late to the wearable electronics party with some locked-down, same old tired mobile OS, easily damaged aluminum-clad trinket in a slightly different package.
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1805; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yes, maybe they can copy the success of the Gear, too. 50k in two months? An iWatch would do that in a day.
7. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1805; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That's "sell in," as in "to retailers." Analysts and Korean newspaper Yonhap estimate actual sales to customers at around 50k, with Best Buy and other retailers saying they have a 30+% return rate. Even Samsung confirmed that the 800k was "sell in," not "sell through."
10. dali13gr (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
Of course, it comes as a gift with every Note 3 in many countries...
9. tedkord (Posts: 8296; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
50,000 in tiny South Korea by itself . 800,000 world wide.
15. blading (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
+1 for you.
w release with new feature BBM for iPhone and Android apps, get it now here
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Candy Crush on a smart watch screen? I'd pull my hair out.
4. GoBears (Posts: 443; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Android devs are truly amazing. I wish other platforms were as open because I'd love to see what could be accomplished.
11. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Custom ROM? Fine.
Every number in the spec list and benchmark results are invalid now.
This include the battery life. Worse now, most probably.
12. PacoBell (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Or better if future developments include a custom kernel with more intelligent CPU governors / undervolting.
14. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Do you seriously think those hackers measure the power consumption with every single step?
Most probably they don't even have the necessary instruments.
I'd like to share your optimism. I really do.
13. taikucing (unregistered)
But how do I text my contact from this small screen device? Anyway, this thing is so expensive.