Samsung Galaxy Gear coming September 4th without flexible display, Apple to unveil iWatch this year
0. phoneArena 16 Aug 2013, 08:53 posted on
The Samsung smartwatch is coming. Samsung will announce its first smartwatch under the Galaxy Gear name on September 4th…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mercorp (Posts: 919; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Hope it is waterproof..or get the smartwatch instead.
3. a_merryman (Posts: 376; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, it better be waterproof. If I can get a normal watch that is waterproof down to 300m for cheap. I fully expect this to allow me to dive to the bottom of a pool and not have to worry about it. Otherwise it is just silly.
I bet the carriers will require it to get its own data plan too. :/
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I'm just asking...
Can you really dive down to 300m water deep?
11. buccob (Posts: 757; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
300m stands for pressure that can withstand the device internally.
And it refers to many situations not just depth.
If you were to jump into a pool from a trampolin, the pressure that your watch "sees" is greater from the impact than when you just submerge slowly.
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 533; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
No flexible display??? I was look forward to see one of those concept smart watch design with flexible display...
still note III itself will be a big surprise...
8. Azure01 (Posts: 124; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm willing to bet they'll have that ready by next year and leave everyone else who bought this version, upset.
17. giani (Posts: 125; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Wake up mate !!! 'sammy' was meant to bring flexible displays all the way from s2... same with designs and premium materials.. all these so called leaks is to make theeyr wet fan boys even wetter..unfortunately they disappoint all the time.
Nothing suprises me about this manufacturer... Designed by nature and made for humans...because plastic is very natural !
10. zennacko (Posts: 157; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
"Apple on the other hand wants to unveil its iWatch " I see what you did there.
14. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
It's amazing how some ppl believe rumors. It could b a flexible display. Some Samsung never confirmed anything. So lets all wait and see what the 4th has for us. Pls ppl don't believe rumors like they r facts.
15. Supaheight (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If sammy soesn't make it waterproof you'll always have the worry of going to the pool what if you get pushed in the pool
18. giani (Posts: 125; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Best example of a brainless plastic fan boy. What if sammy doesn't make it Boeing proof and a Boeing crashes on top of your head and breaks yr plastic watch ?!
19. marbovo (Posts: 361; Member since: 16 May 2013)
A watch that should be charged every day is not a real watch, I´ll keep my automatic ones, that uses just my energy
21. johnbftl (Posts: 142; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
A watch that uses just your energy? What about that CR2016 under the hood running those gears there buddy?
23. marbovo (Posts: 361; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I´m not talking about quartz watches dude, I´m talking about real automatic watches with no battery and no electronics, for everything else, I use my smartphone
24. johnbftl (Posts: 142; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Every watch has a battery. Fossil, Citizen, Rolex, any watch even the ones without electronics need a battery to power the gears. The batteries last like 3 years.
25. marbovo (Posts: 361; Member since: 16 May 2013)
OMG man, I see that you really don´t understand anything about watches... I will help you a litlle, go to google and search the diference between a quartz watch and an automatica watch, and don´t ever say again that Rolex watches uses battery... they maybe in their entire copany life have made 2 or 3 models like that, but if you know someone that have a rolex that uses bateries, it is a completely fake...
20. flynfree (Posts: 364; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I wish, it have 64 gig of ROM minimum,
and 128 gig max to complete to the next iPhone 5s.