Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 hands-on
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 18:47 posted on
Samsung didn't strike gold with its first Galaxy Gear smartwatch, but second time seems to be the charm, as it introduced a much improved Gear 2 successor. Those improvements are both in terms of design, and in specs, so let's recap what we found out about the Gear 2 in our brief hands-on time with the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
I want. They finally make it water & dust proof. The design looks way better than that ugly squarish sony smartwatch. Waiting for the price.
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
it's water/dust resistance not water/dust proof.
5. GoBears (Posts: 436; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Loving my Gear now, can't wait to pick this one up.
8. Lauticol (Posts: 268; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
They should open compatibility with all OEMs Android phones!
Also they could have gotten rid of the heart-rate monitor and the IrLED for a Lite version and price them: Lite $150, Neo $200 and Gear 2 $250.
9. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I like the Gear 2 but Samsung only want people with Samsung phones to buy it. And is not compatible with my Nexus...
10. Diego! (Posts: 539; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Does the camera have a flash? Or is that a sensor? What is that?
11. artr06 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I think the title must be edited! It's no more Galaxy branded, just Gear 2. Correct me if I'm wrong
12. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Still going to hold out and see what LG/Google have to offer. This is how the first Gear should have been but they rushed it. If they really want to sell any they need to make it compatible with more than just the newer Galaxy phones.