Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Prime) rumor round-up: specs, images, price and release date
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 01:26 posted on
Samsung seems to be preparing to break new ground: that of ‘premium’ metal smartphones, and the first device in that new family is expected to be the Galaxy F…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. INCOMPARABLE (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
that's my Dream ...
It is the best smartphone
35. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
At least when we buy it, it incorporate the best technology.... unlike other company product, that could still sell 1 years old technology (or even older) as their flagship device.
64. techperson211 (Posts: 734; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Haven't seen samsung related article for a while. Almost apple story very hour.
45. Ashoaib (Posts: 2494; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
again same galaxy design... where are old samsung wave series, omnia series designers?
52. Liveitup (Posts: 1684; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Saying its the best smartphone is subjective. In my opinion there are all around better smartphones available. I think the best smartphone of this year will be the " McLaren".
66. ikenvape (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You did hear that it is highly likely to be cancelled, right? Some WP sites are stating it as a fact. Sucks because I was anticipating it also
54. itsrajib (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
could have been my dream too if it came with Sense like UI not Touchwiz BS!
3. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
iPhone 6 will kick this junk out of the competition. Yeah, I'm serious!
7. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Best design ever, greatest quality, world's most advanced os and 1 flagship only yearly. need more?
8. swayze91 (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Good quality I can expect. apple puts everything they have into the iPhone, but most advanced os is a no. iOS has its awesome qualities but by no means is it as you claim it to be "world's most advanced os" and as far as design goes it's all about what people want so that's all up to personal preference.
10. gynorm (Posts: 6; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
you mean iOS copying android the past 4 years most advance OS ?
14. swayze91 (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
I have to agree with you but I feel everyone takes a little from each other. It's a give and take (though I feel like with apple lately it's been more take)
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3372; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
1 flagship yearly doesn't change the goodness of the device........
17. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
So is the 5.5 inch the flagship, or is it the 4.7 inch?
19. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
I agree about the 1 flagship yearly thing.
It is good for all tech savvy people out there, who want the latest smartphones in their hands, and feel cheated when a better one comes out every few months.
The rest ALL of your points are personal opinions dude. Not everybody thinks iphone has the best design (it's good, but not best, acc to me)
44. deewinc (Posts: 194; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha...with 60% components from Samsung I suppose.
65. willard12 (Posts: 916; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
3 x opinions, 1 x facts If 1 flagship per year somehow makes a phone better, why not 1 phone every 3 years? Palm must be great, they haven't released a phone in about 3.5 years.
36. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
mediocre screen resolution for years....
same screen size / resolution for years....
same limitation for years....
i don't think so...
69. Ukim93 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Aug 2014)
Lol. I bet iPhone 6 will have a worse hardware than Galaxy s4 not to mention s5.
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The S2 was thier best design.
6. Darnelll (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I want these specs in a phone that is the size of the iPhone 5. Why must phones continue to get so large?! I hate it!
30. Darnelll (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
The Z1 Compact is better than all the over minis, but its not top end specs anymore. The Z3 Compact isn't rumored to have snapdragon 805 either. I'm talking about top end specs (maybe not screen res, no point having Quad HD on 4 inches, but 1080 would be nice) with premium processor, camera, and memory. I was actually gonna switch to the iphone 6 until I learned it was going to get bigger.
31. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3372; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well if you only accept a compact phone, and Z1 C is the best of those, why not get it? Though I understand how you feel.
34. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I simply dont understand why would u need a SD805. Last year,SD600 was the best chipset available,now 800/801 isnt enough basically because a new model (barely availabe) has arrived. Every single one of those processors can run every single game available at play store without breaking a sweat Display resolution indeed isnt a problem in small screens,but the z1c's camera is top notch and more than 2gb of ram is just waste of resources in my view.
38. juandante (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
More RAM is never and will never be a waste of ressource. Best you have a 600mhz CPU with 8Gb of RAM than a 3Ghz CPU with 512Mb RAM . After I agree with what you said before.
9. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
So, the tech media don't give up ATTACKING the S5 sale, with dirty tricks , like this iRumor about "soon coming" , "premium S5" . Repeating that S5 is not as "premium" as their cheap aluminium iCrap.
13. nicholassss (Posts: 358; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That would be pretty great, but come on with the on screes nav bar already.
15. farhad_per (banned) (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Display mate : samsung galaxy S5 has the best display ever....the most accurate colors...!
25. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Stop copy pasting this in every article...
26. farhad_per (banned) (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Display mate : samsung galaxy S5 has the best display ever....the most accurate colors...!
37. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
Looks like it's trying to communicate with us! :O
16. Loubielou (Posts: 281; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung have really let a lot of Consumers down with the Galaxy "F",Why?couldn"t have Samsung Delayed the Release of the Galaxy S5,if they knew the didn"t have enough time to Create the Screens they really want to put on the Galaxy S5,People knew the Galaxy S5 was not the Correct phone Samsung Really wanted to Release as the Announcement day was nothing like we got for the Galaxy S4,We All now the Released date the same time as the iPhone 6 is Released
20. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
If People knew the Galaxy S5 was not the Correct phone Samsung Really wanted to Release as the Announcement day was nothing like we got for the Galaxy S4, then why did people buy it? To prove they are stupid? or they have Short Term Memory Loss?
Who were let down? Those who followed the event so carefully that they knew something better was coming soon?
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What, this looks like the rear back of the iP3....?
29. Mels13 (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Oh yes this my new phone.If only note 4 wont be aluminium too,than i ll buy note 4 .Anyone knows if note 4 s gonna be metal?
32. Loubielou (Posts: 281; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Galaxy F could be the Galaxy S6 Body as F is the 6th Letter in the Alphabet,so the Prime might be the next version we get from Samsung
42. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The letter F is also the first letter of FAIL.
46. SamDroid (unregistered)
The letter F is also the first letter of FANTASTIC.
Please stop trolling? You kinda broke the flow of reasonable comments that I was reading....:/
33. BattleBrat (Posts: 1197; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I get two days with my note 3, but 3-5 days with my M8 (I have pics to prove it), but I mostly call and text with the M8. Funny, use it like a feature phone, get feature phone battery life.
39. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Samsung has already released a phone with the Qualcomm 805, QHD, and 3GB RAM, the S5 LTE-A. If all Samsung did was make this phone available in the US, along with better audio quality, that would be a really good phone.
Of course this begs the question -- other than a pen and a slightly bigger screen, what is the Note 4 going to offer? If there is an advanced S5 that offers everything the Note 4 would offer, Samsung may suffer even worse financial results.
So at the end of the day, I just don't believe there will be any more versions of the S5 released outside of Korea. This fall we will see the Note 4 and no other top-end phones from Samsung.
53. JC557 (Posts: 1177; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The slightly larger screen will still make the Note 4's body larger than the GS5 LTE-A so it wouldn't be a problem as people would like a smaller phone without too much of display size decrease (A few mm actually does separate buyers). The larger body of the Note 4 can also be made to accomadate a powerful speaker/ speakers and other advanced electronics while keeping it waterproof.
Then Samsung can focus on the Mini/ compact versions of the phone for those wanting an even smaller phone.
40. Settings (Posts: 786; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
This phone is so great! I will buy this phone right away when its released. So many features! Its worth my buck! Imma get those heart rate mathingies and I never need a nurse. Those accurate color displays are so great, its like Im looking on the real thing!
Its the most perfect phone for me!
Said by a Samsung Galaxy F-anboy Pro S
41. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Waiting the next big thing ... Note 4 !!! Upgrading my Note 3 ;-)
43. xwolverinez (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
The date on the screen says September 12 Wed. A Wednesday September 12 comes up in the years 2012 & 2018. Maybe 9/12/2014 release date?
47. wilky (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
The Galaxy F is a new line of smartphone which will be released now on in September along side the Note 4.
The Galaxy range will still continue and be the spring flagship rather than a yearly cycle, it's now a 6 month cycle because smartphone tech is moving so quickly, just like the PC era did back in the 90's to mid 2000's before slowing down.
At the time the S5 was being planned the 805 & QHD screens wasn't ready, and as shown with the LG G3 the 801 isn't really made for QHD displays, so rather than give up performance they stuck with a 1080p screen & 2GB of ram because at this moment is all that needed as Android Kitkat is much more memory efficient, & Android L will continue to improve memory efficiency further.
Apple on the otherhand will continue with it yearly cycle of it's iPhone, as they don't need to keep improving hardware every 6 months unlike Android smartphones, because they have their own set of users that are more than happy with the tech they get for a year.
I currently have an S5 and more than happy with it atm and continue to be for the rest of this year, no matter what comes outs in the next couple of months, as it perform just as good then as it did when i bought back in April.
So it boils down to this if your unhappy in the way the likes of Samsung,Sony,HTC & LG ect are going with 6 months cycles, then either buy a iPhone or a Nokia/Microsoft Windows phone that way you know what your buying at the time will be the best phone they have out for that year.
48. Furbal (Posts: 457; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Why is color accuracy harped on so much? I think the success of amoled shows the vast majority of the public does not care about it.
49. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
With the same crappiest OS known to mankind...
68. iushnt (Posts: 806; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Said by the worst troll ever existed in mankind..
50. Slammer (Posts: 1133; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
The only thing that attracted me to Samsung was the removable battery. If the "F" series omits the feature, I will be leaving the camp. I just had the battery replaced on my 16 month old S3. It didn't cost me tons of cash as it would if it had a non-removable one. That was a huge selling point for me. Easy accessibility for when those times happen.
51. NickSDC (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Isn't this already out? The Korean only model?