Samsung Galaxy Chat is announced – Ice Cream Sandwich flavored, packs a QWERTY keyboard
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2012, 08:48 posted on
Remember that low-end Samsung QWERTY smartphone that leaked a couple of days ago? Yeah, the device has just been announced officially. It is called the Samsung Galaxy Chat and it is an entry-level Android 4.0 device made for people who still favor physical keyboards over those pesky virtual ones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i think it's cool. i like the design so much!
too bad it's too low end for me.
i really am hoping BB embraces Android and make a white Touch and Type BOLD with a 3.5 or more screen... RIM, embrace your destiny!
19. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
hmmm blackberry bold + android 4.1 wvga screen = a buy for me
4. easymomo (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Ohhh Samsung can read my mind ! This will be my next phone.
If only it was more powerfull ...
With phone + my Galaxy Note, I don't need any other phone ... till November (Galaxy Note II)
5. kingstandup (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Awesome! I've been waiting for a Samsung Galaxy with Android phone that has a full QWERTY keyboard. I'm sure this doesn't hold a torch to the Samsung Galaxy S III, but I am still excited about it. I, like many others, am not so good with touch screen devices (with the exception of my Samsung Galaxy Tab - but that's a different story.) I'm almost certain this will be my next phone. I just hope the keyboard buttons are a good size.
6. kunyuk (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
So that's why sgs don't get ics
240 x 320 pixels, 3.0 inches (~133 ppi pixel
density), cpu 800 MHz
7. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
ohh..this little mobile can get touchwiz nature ux of the s3 but why not my s2 can?
9. frydaexiii (Posts: 1146; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Who says it has the Nature UX? It's just regular touchwiz
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5471; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
*looks at the pictures of the device* looks like Nature UX to me. :P
16. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
look at app drawer button that determins everything
8. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Entry phone, not high end. I do believe every Samsung fone runnin Android will have nature ux, i mean its their new touchwiz, so im guesin dey will use it on their new devices. NEW, not OLD!
10. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Why the hell this phone has lower specs than the Original Galaxy s and can run ICS + Touchwiz ?
Even the desire C can run sense 4 + ICS .
Please dont be lazy and update SGS1 !
21. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
please dont be lazy and do it yourself :).
The Nexus S is getting 4.1, which is the near identical sister to the SGS1. That means ports and ROMs will be shortly behind as always. Devs are already at work on it. The 4.1 source code was just released less than 24 hrs ago so be patient.
22. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Just sad to see Samsung abandon old phones . Instead of keep releasing new ones they can just keep older devices like the original galaxy s . Still using your Tmobile galaxy s1 ? Why don't get a galaxy nexus like I do now
12. Stuntman (Posts: 647; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm hoping they will have a high end, landscape slider phone out soon.
14. jcasey (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Oh, yes!!!! Just what Im waiting for . If Samsung release this smartphone with the specs of galaxyiii, it will be the death of Blackberry.
18. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
are you kidding?
this phone is terrible! 800 mhz, qvga, 2 mp camera?
why would anyone want to use ics on that thing? absolutly terrible experince
and with a 1200 ma battery, this is going to last like 6 hours then its going to be done, espioecially with ics
blackberry will crush this
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2142; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
QVGA resolution? LMAO!
They seriously couldn't have at least given it HVGA or something?
20. killzone95 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Get Samsung galaxy chat B5330 Latest updates on its facebook page.