Samsung Galaxy Camera revealed, might get announced today
The following image of what appears to be a Samsung Galaxy Camera leaked on the web, and it looks quite well-made to be a hoax. It is also said that the optical system allows zooming at up to 21x. The sensor is supposedly of 16-megapixels – of the BSI CMOS kind, but that's not all this camera has in its arsenal. It is said that inside it ticks a 1.4GHz quad-core processor, while Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is what runs on it. There are also radios for Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, and a 1,650mAh battery keeps the thing humming.
1. hateftotti (Posts: 136; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Again Samsung innovates apple litigates.
Sorry for you apple...
2. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I might get this instead of the Lumia pureview that is if this has a phone module.
8. GJanee (Posts: 212; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
lol :DDDDD it's designed to be a camera. :D no phone for you here sir. :D
3. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
This is super innovative. This is something all photographers will want.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I see Instagram stocks increasing with this. but it wont sell as expected. honestly who carries a cell phone and a camera.. not many.. but good idea overall
10. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
God are you stupid or what? It's a Camera, running Android. Did you think anything running android is a phone?
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
never said it was a phone. I said nobody carries a cellphone a a galaxy camera thats why this wont sale... we want all in one devices
6. kevmando (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
What,innovation? There is a prior art. (I'm not referring apple.)
7. sarb009 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
sorry apple u cant earn anything from this phone
9. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
What's the point of having the full android on a camera? It's not like this can replace your android phone so you can carry one less item in your pocket. I doubt anyone will pay for a 3g or 4g subscription for a camera and wifi is likely not available at the scene where you are taking pictures. Wouldn't it be better if samsung just make a wireless link between the camera and your phone so you can browse pictures from the camera with your phone and/or upload pictures from your phone with that wirelss link?
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
It's just an operating system, what is so hard to process from that? It's just a regular digital camera, that uses Android as it's interface. All the other things like it runs apps and being able to upload them straight to FB or instagram are just bonuses that come with Android.