Samsung Galaxy Beam Hands-on Review
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Feb 2012, 18:39
Here we have the new Samsung Galaxy Beam. The second generation projector-phone is way more pretty. And better. Although it is not skinny, it is pretty normally sized (it is half inch/12mm thick), considering its 4" screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds posted on 26 Feb 2012, 18:43 1 1
This is what I was the most excited for. Can't wait for the actual review.
2. remixfa posted on 26 Feb 2012, 18:49 9 2
if those pics are not doctored, that is way brighter than i thought it would be.
would i buy it? if it were attached to an SGS3 maybe :)
3. Birds posted on 26 Feb 2012, 18:58 2 1
I wouldn't. I have no need for the projecter but I would buy the Experia P. It has similar specs.
4. PhoneArena Team posted on 26 Feb 2012, 19:39 2 1
Good comment. The photos show the projected image brighter than in real life.
5. squallz506 posted on 26 Feb 2012, 20:37 0 5
i dislike that you cannot hold this phone with two hands (landscape) while projecting.
21. choupino posted on 04 Mar 2012, 07:20 1 0
Then you would have no free hand to pull your pud... Are you serious Dude??? They give you a way to project images on a wall, with a cellphone that you can lay on a flat surface & you complain that you "dislike" the device because you would prefer to stand there like a moron for 90 minutes to project a movie onto your wall... Oh yeah... I almost forgot... "In Landscape mode"... Lol
6. PhoneLuver posted on 27 Feb 2012, 00:32 0 2
It's a good start I guess. Although I don't know how practical it will be in real life.
Personally I would prefer a peripheral device..
7. marcool posted on 27 Feb 2012, 02:30 0 3
I would use to watch a film on a plane or in the train. It would probably work well on the tray. If not you can always pin a sheet of white cardboard on the seat in front of you. If there is no one in front you, screw you, you must be in business class...
8. shadez10 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 03:33 8 1
a new way of watching porn on mobile... ahahahha... xD
15. droiddomination posted on 29 Feb 2012, 10:54 2 1
makes the work bathroom a whole new place to be! "why is john always in the john?"
22. choupino posted on 04 Mar 2012, 07:21 2 0
John: "Sorry Boss... I'l be right out!!!"... (fap fap fap fap fap fap...)
10. RamyAbdelbadea posted on 27 Feb 2012, 11:30 0 3
good mobile but will not have a big sales .. but i like it
11. jay96 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 12:23 2 2
i think id b better if u could move the projection camera ( like flip it open)
12. -box- posted on 27 Feb 2012, 13:34 0 1
All phones should have this as an optional add-on, perhaps as part of an enhanced battery pack so it sits flush with the phone and can be removed when unneccessary
14. Hmong_Xiong posted on 28 Feb 2012, 21:32 0 0
This'll be great when the wife bans you from the tv!
19. Griff posted on 03 Mar 2012, 09:18 0 0
I think this is the future of phones right here... not yet... but coming. We will eventually have an all in one device that does everything. We will no longer need TV's, remotes, laptops, Camcorders, Cameras etc. It will all be built into one single device. When they are able to produce a solid HD projecter small enough and bright enought enough to fit into a phone, with the right battery, you won't need a television. You download movies or tv shows right to your phone and project it onto your wall in HD.
20. jackhammeR posted on 04 Mar 2012, 02:37 0 0
Samsung made Beam a couple of years ago but it didn't work. If my memory serves me well it was announced along with Wave.
24. bayusuputra posted on 05 Mar 2012, 01:56 0 0
yes, and i also have been wondering why the original one did not share the same hype as this one.. maybe because of the OS?