Samsung Galaxy Alpha size comparison
We already compared the Galaxy Alpha against some of its bigger and smaller rivals in terms of specs. However, we kept wondering how thin and compact the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is, exactly. How does this new addition stack up against the more popular smartphones and flagships that saw the light of day this year? We decided to put it in the boxing ring and see how it fares against the diverse and fierce competition. We have not compared the Galaxy Alpha against devices with 4.7-inch displays (we already mentioned why); we have put it against the crème de la crème of the smartphone world.
Check out the illustrations below and see for yourself.
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
3.95 oz (112 g)
142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
5.11 oz (145 g)
146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
5.64 oz (160 g)
146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm
5.75 oz (163 g)
151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm
5.93 oz (168 g)
139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm
4.37 oz (124 g)
139.2 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55 mm
oz (0 g)
1. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
A very good mid - range phone from Samsung. Hoping to see more great and premium devices in this line up.
2. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
And what makes you to judge this phone as a mid-range?
7. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Specs answer your question. Compare this phone with S5, M8, LG G3, Oppo Find 7, One + One and Z2.
Hope that makes sense to you?
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Only the screen resolution and battery capacity that fit to mid-range.
8. neela_akaash (Posts: 146; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
He must be quite rich to call a $690 phone a mid-ranger...
12. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I am a big fan of Samsung and just telling the truth.
You can put $800 - $900 price tag on this device but can't compete it against S5, M8 or G3.
13. neela_akaash (Posts: 146; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Yup, it's a mid-ranger in specs department...
16. Taters (Posts: 2942; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Actually it benches higher than all those devices so this falls under the shady grey area that Apple uses to justify the iPhone as high end.
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, but still looks kinda like the Mi4.
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Yeah, but the home button can make a big difference between those phones.
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It looks premium, but still not a match for the trio Wave in terms of design and build quality.
15. .KRATOS. (Posts: 113; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
If it's a midrange than u mean the iphone 5s n the nexus 5 is a midrange, i don't see this phone as a midrange. If it has a 720p screan n a smaller battery that means it's a midrange.
17. pavsidhu (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 May 2014)
I don't get this phone, is it midrange or not? I wouldn't buy this phone personally, I think there's better phones on the market.
18. cttan456 (Posts: 60; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Its amazing how the Chinese companies like Huawei and Gionee always make the thinnest phones