Samsung Galaxy Ace, Gio get CyanogenMod10 ROMs despite their older chips
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2012, 06:21 posted on
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is already out on the Galaxy Nexus, but other phone are still waiting for manufacturers to…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
Like this. already have jelly bean stock on my gnex, however one of my friends acturlly asked if it was possible to update their galaxy ace to something abit more recent. at the time i couldnt give them a str8 answer. well now i can. thanks xda
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
And that is the beauty in Android - your device gets supported (officially or unofficially) for a much longer time than the iPhone.
3. easymomo (Posts: 89; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I wonder why everybody is ignoring the Galaxy Note. C10 on SIII, SII even ace but no note ...
5. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
proberbly because the note is phablet and note a phone. also the note2 is being announced soon
4. stent00 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Ah no. IPhone 3gs even got upgrades last year. Its a 3 year old phone. How many Android phones can you day that about
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
If by "upgrades" you mean iOS 5.2 - because about 90% of iO6's features are NOT available to the 3GS - then yes. You get to enjoy your VIP mailbox. Woohoo.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Android on the other hand - DOES support the full features on every phone. And yes - even phones from 2009:
8. Aeires (unregistered)
If you have a 3GS, ask Siri.
Oh, wait, you can't.
9. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
Not everybody root their phones so if itnt official it cant be called an update. People should ask OEMs how come develoers can port newer versions on old low level smartphones and they dont?
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
BS. If it's an update - it's an update - official or not.
11. absnas (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
is this also applicable for ace plus?? please replay
13. mahmut (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 May 2014)
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i 4.1.2 do not update the reasons why samsung does not send update
14. mahmut (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 May 2014)
Do not have the updated information, please be next?