Samsung Galaxy Ace Gingerbread update arrives

0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2011, 02:17 posted on

The unofficial Gingerbread ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace leaked nearly three months ago, but it's only now that Samsung has pushed the official update through Kies in select regions…

posted on 18 Jul 2011, 04:47 1

2. I'm ace (unregistered)

when is south east Asia's turn?

posted on 27 Jul 2011, 01:32

3. Ashish577 (unregistered)

I updated it.... and it feels better, crashes less, plays better games(less or no lags), records better videos(640*480), battery life has also increased...... great update overall :)

posted on 01 Aug 2011, 04:43

4. Lakhan (unregistered)

Did u get the update in india...???

posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:51

5. miten (unregistered)

hi ashish did u get update via kies? i m from india and cant update via kies

posted on 27 Sep 2011, 17:24

14. Sean (unregistered)

Hey
I too want to update my phone as well....like you did...
So how can i get it done...? What are the necessary things you used in this process....? and ist harmful for the phone,,/.?

posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:56

6. miten (unregistered)

hi ashish did u get update via kies as i m from india and didn get update for ace..?thanx in advance

posted on 02 Aug 2011, 02:14

7. Avishek (unregistered)

Hi,

Please let me know when I can update via Kies in India.
Also please can some of you share if the battery life will increase after the update.

posted on 04 Aug 2011, 12:06

8. Sushil (unregistered)

Guys, I updated my Ace to 2.3.3 and its working just fine..as mentioned battery life has improved, no crashes till now (I updated 15 days back)..better video resolution...I updated using the following link...Its a leaked version but safe...No updates on Kies in India yet....

posted on 26 Aug 2011, 04:59

9. Galaxian (unregistered)

When will it be available here in Philippines??

posted on 29 Aug 2011, 06:32

10. rai (unregistered)

update for gingerbread available @ sm megamall b 4th floor at samsung service center...

posted on 31 Aug 2011, 16:21

11. omnifarious (unregistered)

updates available in india through kies i updated mine to 2.3.4.........

posted on 04 Sep 2011, 12:31

12. nike (unregistered)

I updated mine through kies in india,,,,,, it wasn't a hassle at all.... there was no need to go to a service center,,,,, works great,,,,, go gingerbread,... :)

posted on 18 Sep 2011, 04:40

13. Galaxian (unregistered)

Nike,

How you updated via kies, I am not able to see the OS(2.3) update.

Can you pls suggest if any changes need to be made in kies?

posted on 07 Oct 2011, 22:48

15. aceessss (unregistered)

Updating now through kies here in the philippines

posted on 08 Oct 2011, 03:30

16. DK (unregistered)

Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace officially...

IMPORTANT…!!!….All of you…..While upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Ace to official Gingerbread 2.3.4 through Kies software….Please assure that your Kies has a latest version…if not…..please upgrade it first……then try to upgrade your Ace…..Upgrade your phone only if you are using hi-speed internet through Wi-Fi…..it takes around 1 to 2 hrs (Please keep patience or wait while upgrade)….Do not use any USB broadband internet device as it’s speed is very low for updating your phone through Kies…..if you still getting any message on Kies while updating or it stops…..try again and again till you get the update to your phone….it’s normal…….All the Best…!!!

posted on 09 Jan 2012, 05:28

17. abhinya (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)

I run a 2.3.6 and have tried 2.3.7, cynugen rom manager and rooted to the hilt.
Use es file explorer to alter data on phone memory.
@abhinya