Samsung Galaxy 12.2 tablet image leaks
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2013, 11:21 posted on
Since June, we've been hearing little bits about a 12-inch tablet in the works from Samsung. At first, it was thought that Samsung was working on a high-end tablet (aka a Galaxy Note), but once more info came out, it became clear it was a mid-range tablet (aka a Galaxy Tab). Now, the first alleged image of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy 12.2 tablet has leaked...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 818; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks like a Microsoft Surface combined with Sony Xperia Tablet Z. And that's a good thing since they are the 2 best looking tablets.
13. noler (Posts: 148; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
But why do they put big ugly button at the bottom of the screen?
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 818; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Hey, it's Samsung. They always want to destroy the design somehow.
25. PunyPoop (Posts: 564; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Now I know the reason why this article http://www.phonearena.com/news
/U.K.-carrier-Three-to-launch-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III-on-Sep-16-Sony-Xperia-Z1-on-September-24th_id46925shows that Xperia Tablet Z is under Samsung's list.. TADA!!! and not to mention this http://www.phonearena.com/news /Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III-leaks-shows-less-rounded-corners_id46939Xperia Note III in the making! :D
52. shuaibhere (Posts: 685; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
ever saw s2....note 3 looks like OG note and S2...
34. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
agreed! even on their ativ s, they ain't destroying their design, they just want to look like apple! haha
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks pretty nice. Bigger screen is a good thing but don't get TOO BIG, Sammy boy!
36. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Ok, now we can say for certain that Samsung is a copycat; When iPhone was fashionable they orientated their design that direction, now that Sony becomes fashionable, they follow fast. Already Note 3 shows this tendency, now this tablet confirms it.
Never an unoriginal Samsung product for me no matter how they trash benchmarks and pop eyes out with vivid displays etc... If I give my hard earned money, I might as well buy the original. Samsung made an empire by copying and following the trend but now that they reached the top, I was hoping for better.
37. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
There's only so much you can do with a tablet before you completely change the basic shape. Everyone copies everyone. If you really want innovation, I suggest you design your own. If you can't do that, than I suggest stop complaining and enjoy what these companies are giving us.
39. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
However, Sony tablets never reminded any others, so they did manage a way to think out of the box, even with the limited design stroke that a tablet package offers. Previous Samsung tablets didn't remind Sony tablets, this definitely does. Trust me, this is a conscious decision from Samsung management. Copying discretely is how they made a name, and they keep on doing it.
42. maherk (Posts: 197; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Take the home button of the galaxy s2 and you ll have thr exact design as the sony z, optimus g, and the whole lg L series. Htc one looks like the BB Z10, iphone looks like prada. Deal with it fanboys, weather you are a samsung, apple or sony fan, a phone must be rectangular, its damn phone for God's sakes not a car, of course they will have similarities.
50. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
uh? If you take off the home button of the Galaxy S2 you definitely don't have the same design with the Z. Apple, Sony and Nokia have tradition and highly original designs, it's the Korean, Chinese and Taiwanese brands that copy the others and each other. Of course phones are similar shape but if you say that an S2 and a Z are similar then you have no eye for detail.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony Z wannabe!
Sony should patent thus design
5. Kartio (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Seems like an interesting device, hopefully the price will be interesting too (in positive way).
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Looks prototypey but whatever, 2500k screen, new Exynos 5 Octa, 12" screen - IMO portable tablet should be around 8", home tab/to pack with a larger bag, 12". Look forward to this.
19. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 650; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
physical button some time helps waking up screen.... u dont have to stretch ur arm to turn the screen on................. its useful
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1123; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
In my Tablet Z i only need to do two quick tap to wake the screen.
35. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
just knock to unlock :)
32. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I don't mind having a home button in the middle, but I just hate physical since dust and crap can get in the nooks.
10. aayupanday (Posts: 287; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Remove those buttons on the bezel and you've got yourselves a 4 year old Thick-Bezelled Samsung LCD TV.
12. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 571; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
So, I'm guessing portrait is just not important to Samsung? How bizarre.
15. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Must have Specs: Software: Android 5.0 and Windows 8.1, Specs: Intel i5? :P Design: Square-ish edges and back made of Aluminium. GPU: Intel HD 5000? :D?
16. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
600 dollar tablet incoming pass Not going to spend that much on any tablet.
18. T00muchF00D (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
this makes me angry! because it looks like a Surface tablet and everyone and their mom will buy it and say omg it looks great and say how original! it makes me sick that people will dislike something because it's not from apple or Samsung. If I hid the Windows emblems on the Surface and put Samsung on it, people would be all crowding around me and loving it. What ever, enjoy lag droid fans, I(S)heep fans.
29. T00muchF00D (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
I am. that's why I said...and I quote "this makes me angry!"
21. Topcat488 (Posts: 974; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Hahaha you're mad... Stop "Eating" T00muchF00D.
30. T00muchF00D (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
why does everybody feel the need to say that. I hear that at least 20 times a day. and people tell me im a fat F*** and I need to lose weight. its my name for everything because of an inside joke. im 150 pounds and im a running back. not fat. xperia droid...now i'll leave you alone since you always complain about wanting more and more menus inside of menus inside of menus and more menu buttons, and a button inside of button that's under a sim card.
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
YOU ARE MAD BRO! You're eating T00muchF00D! Do some exercise, or do some yoga, that will make you cool down. Don't eat too much McRib okay?
47. willard12 (Posts: 487; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
They guy above you is angry that it copies Sony. You're angry that it copies MS. You can't both be right. Or, maybe, just maybe, there is only so much any company can do with a rectangle with rounded corners. Everyone keeps throwing out the "copy" word because something "reminds" them of something else. LG fans could say it reminds them of the optimus line. Samsung fans can say it reminds them of their GS2 from 2 years ago. Dude, it's a rectangle and the only argument that can be made in he realm of copying is that "the corners are round like the surface." Hell, maybe they're copying my Toshiba TV. See how easy that was.
27. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1123; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Looks very similar to the Xperia Tablet Z.
31. PunyPoop (Posts: 564; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah that's why they listed Xperia Tablet Z herehttp://www.phonearena.com/news
33. SonyPS4 (Posts: 195; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think 12 inch too big. Prefer 8-10 inch but keep same specs.
40. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Internet, you disappointment me sometimes. All the size preference posts and not one, "That's what he/she said!" (yet)
41. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I have the Note 10.1 and one of the best features is the 2 apps at once. This tablet is going to be crazy while watching netflix and browsing the internet at the same time. Sorry not to see the S-Pen but I would rather have that higher resolution. Guess Samsung/Wacom still does not have the tech yet.
46. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 366; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Oh no. Try to be original in your designs Samsung! It looks like Sony's OmniBalance design especially at the side with rounded details. Now I don't wan't to hear Sammy fans that it looks great then bash Sony for making their design look like brick with sharp edges. BS people everywhere.
49. Mistahlos (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I don't give a fat baby's bottom about who copied who. Just give me a tablet that does what I need it to do. Along with an android os... gotta be able to customize.
51. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Great! I love this device..Samsung Fighting! (Great design btw!~)