Samsung GT-i9300 photo leaks, leaves us wondering if this is the Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2012, 04:18 posted on
We just got a photo claimed to be of the Samsung GT-i9300, and also to be the "real deal". While it looks convincing enough, dolled up in its Android Ice Cream Sandwich UI with a whiff of the usual TouchWiz overlay apps, we haven't figured out which phone is the GT-i9300 codename supposed to represent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I would agree,i don't quite think its the s3,it doesn't look as game changing as Samsung has proven between the galaxy s generations,its as you said more than likely the galaxy s2 advance/plus.
The Galaxy s plus is a very good seller phone at around the 300 bucks price so if the galaxy s2 advance stays around this or slightly higher samsung would have a very very good selling 'mid level for 2012' phone.
Definitely hope its not the s3 though as the design would not have changed much!
2. ncoder (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Strange there are some SPen apps there.
Looks like a cheap and uglier Galaxy Note Mini.
The bezel looks horrible, at least in this photo.
25. Daniel.P (Posts: 105; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
The Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) that we previewed recently also had some S Pen apps present in TW over ICS, but no S Pen included, just for doodling with your finger...
4. HTCFreak (Posts: 156; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
The white one was really beautiful, this is just boring! :)
5. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
can't see this as the s3 just doesnt look right
8. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
We just might have witnessed the future... A future tagged as 'S3 the disappointment on 2012'
10. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
well if this is the SIII it will dissapoint hard...no matter how good it's insides are this will be a huge dissapointment...
12. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
sammy will probably keep a similar desighn to the s2 as it sold by bucket load (and still is).look at htc and iphone they don't change much at all just the specs
14. noulne (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
This design is meaningless. The case is just used for the developer not a real design.
16. noulne (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
One sammy guy told that picture contains security serial code. So the software design might be real.
20. Nbennie (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I'm pretty sure the sgs2 is GT-I9100 the model number for the nexus is correct GT-I9250
21. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
If this is SGS3, it will not be so depressing skipping a generation and waiting for the SGS4, as my contract expires then...
Unfortunately, this "case" looks like it could be the ceramic body they talked about. And it looks so borring...
23. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that looks like a Vibrant/galaxyS1 without capacitive buttons. cheap photoshop.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I'm typing this from my vibrant. that is most definitely a vibrant shell with some crap photoshop work. its an exact match.
seriously why would this be made into news? do we have to look at every cheap rendition that someone cobbles together?
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5395; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
guys calm down, if you read the description it says it might have a cover, also the prototypes look uglier than the retail unit.
also PA you think you can get some photos from your tipper? maybe a home screen? or a small video? I know is pushing your luck but its worth the try
28. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Stop giving yourself a thumbs up people
29. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Nah, smells like a 3 days old fish, clearly a cheap fake.
31. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Man that one FUGLY ass phone, definitely no the S3
32. alekso9 (Posts: 40; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
And this is just my opinion guys...if this is the SG3, then I wouldnt be very excited. Kinda looks boring...just my opinion.
34. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Hate to say,
But it's not pretty at all
It's just another stereotype
35. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Sorry but I like it! I know it's not groundbreaking but it looks very nice, though it's very reminiscent of Samsung Galaxy S i9000.
36. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I wouldn't worry this isn't the Galaxy S3 that's for sure...
37. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
From what I hear. It is legit.....but it's a variant. Just like the last one each carrier is gonna get something close to one another
38. alexy777nfs (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The true thing is that in this photo samsung galaxy s iii has a edge bumper or something. But if you look closer you'll see the light reflected on different materials not the same and if you aren't convinced look at the black space between the glass and the edge. on the bottom is smaller than on the top you can see that the space is bigger and that means that this samsung galaxy s iii has a bumper or someting around it
39. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I hope it's not the real one... From the front view, it looks like a more rectangular-ish iPhone 2G/3G/3Gs with ICS installed...
40. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
All of these leaks are bogus.
Want us to believe this is the S3?
1. Flip it over and show us the back logo and camera bezel
2. Show us Task Manager > RAM & Task Manager > Storage
3. Show us the boot-up screen
41. freedomispopular (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I was wondering when we'd start seeing more devices without the hardware buttons.
42. moneyrockers (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
if this is the galaxy s3, then i won't purchase it.
43. Edouardo_26 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
OMG finally 2ghz, samsung i can't wait !http://twitpic.com/90lcwz
45. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Is that meant to be a joke? Lol do you actually expect people to believe that?
46. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
A date was announced for.....some sort of Samsung device in London. March 30. Not sure if it's anything.
47. wendygarett (unregistered)
look carefully... It has the ceramic case behind the phone... most probably the gs3...
48. mybow01 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
It is a gadget to beat many other phones. Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 - Slidable & Erectable Backlit Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Detachable Plastic Case makes the phone more user friendly. For detail surf the site jsxltech.com/products/for-samsung-galaxy-siii-i9300-slidable-erectable-backlit-wireless-bluetooth-keyboard-with-detachable-plastic-case .The keyboard is very attache with phone.