Samsung GT-I9502 leaks out: a Galaxy S IV candidate for China
0. phoneArena 11 Mar 2013, 03:47 posted on
Images of the Samsung GT-I9502 have leaked out just days before the Galaxy S IV official unveiling, and they could show what the upcoming Android superphone would look like…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
as usual. cheap looking phone with a very ugly looking design. nothing changes for samsung !!!!! ewwwwwww
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1940; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Well,let's just hope it is. Because that phone looks cheap with its plastic materials, samsung should learn a thing or two from htc,nokia and sony
11. maccess (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i don't really care about the plastic as long it got removable battery and micro sd slot.. and i will just put a case on it.. and honestly the phone looks quite nice IMO..
133. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The sides remind me of HTC Evo 4G LTE.
94. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4196; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is usual for OEMs to do. They put their prototype into a shell that looks like their previous model; Apple does it and LG did it with the Nexus 4.
109. mityblumpkin (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
isnt most phones made out of plastic? like the nokia 822
151. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 204; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Yeah! Totally! Sony Xperia Z ftw! Water and dust resistant + Durable + Verrrrrry Elegant (made of glass). It's the best of Sony in a f*cking awesome smartphone! :DD
55. phljcnth (Posts: 447; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I don't think this will be the final design. Remember the leaked pictures of live Galaxy S III before? It was different from the ultimate design, right? As far as I remember, Samsung makes 2-3 different designs for its test phones. Its inside could be the Galaxy S IV but I know Samsung is smart enough not to pattern a successor from its predecessor just like what they did to S II and S III. Samsung never disappoints. :D
75. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3176; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
We're 3 days away from the launch...you think it's time to play around with what looks good and what does not??
86. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Yuk..... looks too ugly. S-IV doesn't deserve this design. :(
27. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Does Apple have a copyright on making the same looking phones year after year? If so, Samsung may be in trouble. Lol. But seriously, if this is anything like the actual phone then Samsung pulled an Apple on us when it comes to design. I would be disappointed.
31. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yes, but i remember reading that Samsung kept the real model of the Galaxy S3 a secret until launch by floating multiple fake models. . The material seems to be nice though.
If this is the real phone, they really need to take pointers from Nokia, HTC, Sony, etc for design queues. But knowing Samsung, if they wanted to, they would rip off their design as their own and try to justify it in court.
131. Taters (Posts: 4982; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It was pretty obvious the GS3 was in a fake shell though. This looks to tightly packed to be in a fake shell. Looks real.
33. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
This is pushing me towards Xperia Z. Please Samsung, don't be a disappointment.
42. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
if u check the covers for gs4 you can understand this is not s4 or something . s4 has sharp edges than this it will look like s2
113. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Those covers weren't legit.
Just something a manufacturer came up with.
77. DirtySoul (Posts: 16; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Judging by the white settings screen, it is not an AMOLED screen. It is usually black on AMOLED devices.
81. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I hope it's not amoled, slcd3 please, amoled doesn't stand a chance against slcd3 because it's too dim, colors are great though
80. zhiae (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
i have very bad feeling that it is gs4 because the back style is the same back of the picture that says come and meet the next galaxy f**kkkkkkk
84. ama3654 (Posts: 293; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
The front-facing camera hole doesn't quite align properly, this cannot be a final version, some Chinese knock-off probably
87. Anky5 (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
look at top of screen ....it shows two sim card ....is it dual sim phone or Fake Samsung S4
121. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Like the holes were aligned on the S3 LOL
132. Taters (Posts: 4982; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um, the S3 was more aligned then the entire One X where the camer back cover, sim tray slot, and even the entire screen were not aligned. The GS3 was actually flawless in terms of clearance.
95. Suraj3337 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
IT is definitely fake! Notice how the phone on the notification menu shows that both the sim card slots have been empty in picture no 10!
Do you think thats possible?
122. Topcat488 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE
If Samsung held the secret this long, i don't think they would release such a clear picture now... This isn't Apple, where nothing is manufactured, Samsung has their own factories... Hint, NO outside SPIES. ;)
128. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This year is tough because choice is so many: HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, Motorola X, and Samsung GS4........!!! Better to buy HTC one, Xperia Z, Or Motorola X........one thing note: those all phones are powered by Android.....!!!
146. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Has it ever maybe occurred to you that Samsung use plastic because its simply the best material to use...aluminium does not allowed NFC, no removable battery, no removable micro SD and because it allows the manufacturing to be cheap they can sell the phone with the best software for a reasonable price!
152. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
But still lots of people buy! Like the Galaxy S III ugly! But still many people buy! Because of the specs I guess!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
7. sthashilan07 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
no way it could be fake.. look at the first picture u can clearly see the reflection of the man snapping the pic of the phone ..
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
It should be 7mm thin, this looks bulkier and I think it just a prototype...
58. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
what sort of logic is that ? just because someone shot the pic its could not be fake ?
BTW, if you look at the several phone covers leak over the past week, on comparing, the flash and speaker are not placed as detailed from the covers in which they are placed to the left and right of the camera !
and if any rumours could be trusted then it should be from these phone cover company should be trusted because they receive the cover specification from Samsung. Many of such company are even ready to give a refund if the cover does not fit your GS4.
70. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
its 50-50....because, dotted texture on the back of the phone was hinted in the invitation.....
79. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
How the hell people think this is real GS4? lol
Dual sim GS4 with that unfinished design?
Apart from the design, who the hell is ever going to make dual sim phone for their premium flagship phone?
We all know about dual sim phone and it cant be fast enough yet.
Unless Samsung is stupid, this one cant be real.
5. sthashilan07 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
after seeing this hardware.. m really moving on with sony xperia z :]
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Will buy XZ after 5 months when the price in India on ebay drops to 26K. Currently tx sells for less than 26k on ebay india.
65. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow u decided to go with xperia Z purely based on a rumour, when GS4 is gonna release in only 4 days !
BTW, 'hardware' does not only include 'design' on which you have decided to stick to xperia z. It also includes specifications. One of them is Octa's power saving ability, which if turned out to be true will severely affect phone's battery ! and whats the point of showing of a phone with good design but when u switch it on u have to look at a TFT screen ?
90. pyradark (Posts: 809; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Whats the point of having a beast phone that once you accidentally drop it, it breaks thanks to its plastic and so called gorilla glass. Hahaha
105. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
First of all I dont know what on earth you found funny ?!?!
Secondly, how can you comment on a phone's sturdiness even when its not released ?
Lastly, perhaps you might not have heard of it but there is an invention by mankind, several years ago, called 'phone covers' ! Eureka ! ;)
6. linas_ltu (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
the same gs3 with "different" back cover. Crap.
8. nlbates66 (Posts: 321; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
actually almost looks like it could be just a cheap Samsung clone phone from china. Would perhaps be a bit disappointing if it's exactly so.
9. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
same lame material and look.. iphone series looks the same.(design) and now samsung did it too.. eg: gs3, gsnote1, note2, and now this gs4? hmmm.. careful samsung,threats are just around the corners.. :)
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I don't think this will be alive after 1 drop. Also, the pattern on the front and back looks like the Xperia ZL's back (Black version of course)
14. maccess (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
and the pattern of xperia zl back looks like the patern from galaxy s2 back if i may say... so what's your reason??
147. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Types so that's why the s3 survived more than the aluminium iphone5
12. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
This seems to be legit,but nothing wow about this phone,samsung you can do better in design than this,i'm not move at all
43. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im sure the designers said-
"hey get me the plans for the Galaxy S and the S3 " and drew something up and went for lunch
46. pwnarena (Posts: 1047; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
as long as the software compensates, it should be okay. however, it's really not that easy to shrug off that ugliness. why can't samsung come up with better designs? that really looks like a china made s3 clonde.
82. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
"why can't samsung come up with better designs?"
every time they do, apple will say they copied
13. ama3654 (Posts: 293; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I like it as long as it has the best internals and software, the external is just practical, i can remove and swap my battery/sd-card any time i like, unlike uni bodies for aesthetics only
15. Katrina (Posts: 73; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
LEAKS OF 2H SONY XPERIAS by randomuser and dacha (been very accurate over the years)
3 Snapdragon 800 phones in H2
6.44 inches Phablet (expected in June)
2 or 4 GB of RAM
32GB of storage capacity
Dogo (xperia x?)
5" full HD display
Smaller than ZL
5" full HD
all will have
- Triluminos Display
- BIONZ Engine
- X-Reality Engine
sorry sammy, this year is just not yours :(
16. maccess (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
just wait and see the number of the sales then you can talk..
47. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i Toyota sells more cars than BMW , but that doesn't mean that Toyota can match the quality and designing of BMW
51. maccess (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
toyota has lexus brand for their high end car that can compete the quality and the design of bmw or mercedes..
56. maccess (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
but still "lexus" won't be exist without toyota..