Samsung GT-I9502 leaks out: a Galaxy S IV candidate for China
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Mar 2013, 03:47
Images of the Samsung GT-I9502 have leaked out just days before the Galaxy S IV official unveiling, and they could show what the upcoming Android superphone would look like…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. preet27in posted on 11 Mar 2013, 03:49 75 28
as usual. cheap looking phone with a very ugly looking design. nothing changes for samsung !!!!! ewwwwwww
4. tiara6918 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 03:56 37 8
Well,let's just hope it is. Because that phone looks cheap with its plastic materials, samsung should learn a thing or two from htc,nokia and sony
11. maccess posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:02 18 28
i don't really care about the plastic as long it got removable battery and micro sd slot.. and i will just put a case on it.. and honestly the phone looks quite nice IMO..
133. rizevnarastek posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:47 0 0
The sides remind me of HTC Evo 4G LTE.
94. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 07:13 2 0
This is usual for OEMs to do. They put their prototype into a shell that looks like their previous model; Apple does it and LG did it with the Nexus 4.
109. mityblumpkin posted on 11 Mar 2013, 08:57 2 0
isnt most phones made out of plastic? like the nokia 822
151. KINGJUAN27 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 02:58 0 0
Yeah! Totally! Sony Xperia Z ftw! Water and dust resistant + Durable + Verrrrrry Elegant (made of glass). It's the best of Sony in a f*cking awesome smartphone! :DD
55. phljcnth posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:00 4 4
I don't think this will be the final design. Remember the leaked pictures of live Galaxy S III before? It was different from the ultimate design, right? As far as I remember, Samsung makes 2-3 different designs for its test phones. Its inside could be the Galaxy S IV but I know Samsung is smart enough not to pattern a successor from its predecessor just like what they did to S II and S III. Samsung never disappoints. :D
75. Nathan_ingx posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:47 0 3
We're 3 days away from the launch...you think it's time to play around with what looks good and what does not??
86. htc_evo_3d posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:18 6 2
Yuk..... looks too ugly. S-IV doesn't deserve this design. :(
27. RiseAgainst94 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:19 1 0
Does Apple have a copyright on making the same looking phones year after year? If so, Samsung may be in trouble. Lol. But seriously, if this is anything like the actual phone then Samsung pulled an Apple on us when it comes to design. I would be disappointed.
31. alterecho posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:27 3 2
Yes, but i remember reading that Samsung kept the real model of the Galaxy S3 a secret until launch by floating multiple fake models. . The material seems to be nice though.
If this is the real phone, they really need to take pointers from Nokia, HTC, Sony, etc for design queues. But knowing Samsung, if they wanted to, they would rip off their design as their own and try to justify it in court.
131. Taters posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:41 0 1
It was pretty obvious the GS3 was in a fake shell though. This looks to tightly packed to be in a fake shell. Looks real.
33. sid07desai posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:30 14 4
This is pushing me towards Xperia Z. Please Samsung, don't be a disappointment.
42. zuckerboy posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:47 2 1
if u check the covers for gs4 you can understand this is not s4 or something . s4 has sharp edges than this it will look like s2
113. p0rkguy posted on 11 Mar 2013, 09:14 2 0
Those covers weren't legit.
Just something a manufacturer came up with.
77. DirtySoul posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:01 2 0
Judging by the white settings screen, it is not an AMOLED screen. It is usually black on AMOLED devices.
81. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:09 1 8
I hope it's not amoled, slcd3 please, amoled doesn't stand a chance against slcd3 because it's too dim, colors are great though
80. zhiae posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:06 0 1
i have very bad feeling that it is gs4 because the back style is the same back of the picture that says come and meet the next galaxy f**kkkkkkk
84. ama3654 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:11 1 0
The front-facing camera hole doesn't quite align properly, this cannot be a final version, some Chinese knock-off probably
87. Anky5 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:25 2 0
look at top of screen ....it shows two sim card ....is it dual sim phone or Fake Samsung S4
132. Taters posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:43 1 0
Um, the S3 was more aligned then the entire One X where the camer back cover, sim tray slot, and even the entire screen were not aligned. The GS3 was actually flawless in terms of clearance.
95. Suraj3337 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 07:16 2 0
IT is definitely fake! Notice how the phone on the notification menu shows that both the sim card slots have been empty in picture no 10!
Do you think thats possible?
122. Topcat488 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 11:13 3 0
FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE
If Samsung held the secret this long, i don't think they would release such a clear picture now... This isn't Apple, where nothing is manufactured, Samsung has their own factories... Hint, NO outside SPIES. ;)
128. akki20892 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 12:29 1 0
This year is tough because choice is so many: HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, Motorola X, and Samsung GS4........!!! Better to buy HTC one, Xperia Z, Or Motorola X........one thing note: those all phones are powered by Android.....!!!
146. WHoyton1 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:06 0 0
Has it ever maybe occurred to you that Samsung use plastic because its simply the best material to use...aluminium does not allowed NFC, no removable battery, no removable micro SD and because it allows the manufacturing to be cheap they can sell the phone with the best software for a reasonable price!
152. jackson_kaeluen posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:11 0 0
But still lots of people buy! Like the Galaxy S III ugly! But still many people buy! Because of the specs I guess!
7. sthashilan07 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 03:59 2 3
no way it could be fake.. look at the first picture u can clearly see the reflection of the man snapping the pic of the phone ..
22. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:15 2 1
It should be 7mm thin, this looks bulkier and I think it just a prototype...
58. tech2 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:05 5 0
what sort of logic is that ? just because someone shot the pic its could not be fake ?
BTW, if you look at the several phone covers leak over the past week, on comparing, the flash and speaker are not placed as detailed from the covers in which they are placed to the left and right of the camera !
and if any rumours could be trusted then it should be from these phone cover company should be trusted because they receive the cover specification from Samsung. Many of such company are even ready to give a refund if the cover does not fit your GS4.
70. Adithya7184 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:35 0 0
its 50-50....because, dotted texture on the back of the phone was hinted in the invitation.....
79. MrJerry posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:03 2 0
How the hell people think this is real GS4? lol
Dual sim GS4 with that unfinished design?
Apart from the design, who the hell is ever going to make dual sim phone for their premium flagship phone?
We all know about dual sim phone and it cant be fast enough yet.
Unless Samsung is stupid, this one cant be real.
5. sthashilan07 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 03:57 8 17
after seeing this hardware.. m really moving on with sony xperia z :]
21. rusticguy posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:15 3 1
Will buy XZ after 5 months when the price in India on ebay drops to 26K. Currently tx sells for less than 26k on ebay india.
65. tech2 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:13 2 1
Wow u decided to go with xperia Z purely based on a rumour, when GS4 is gonna release in only 4 days !
BTW, 'hardware' does not only include 'design' on which you have decided to stick to xperia z. It also includes specifications. One of them is Octa's power saving ability, which if turned out to be true will severely affect phone's battery ! and whats the point of showing of a phone with good design but when u switch it on u have to look at a TFT screen ?
90. pyradark posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:59 3 3
Whats the point of having a beast phone that once you accidentally drop it, it breaks thanks to its plastic and so called gorilla glass. Hahaha
105. tech2 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 08:16 3 0
First of all I dont know what on earth you found funny ?!?!
Secondly, how can you comment on a phone's sturdiness even when its not released ?
Lastly, perhaps you might not have heard of it but there is an invention by mankind, several years ago, called 'phone covers' ! Eureka ! ;)
138. akki20892 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:18 0 0
we know the future dude......lol
8. nlbates66 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:00 2 1
actually almost looks like it could be just a cheap Samsung clone phone from china. Would perhaps be a bit disappointing if it's exactly so.
9. oying24 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:00 4 2
same lame material and look.. iphone series looks the same.(design) and now samsung did it too.. eg: gs3, gsnote1, note2, and now this gs4? hmmm.. careful samsung,threats are just around the corners.. :)
10. rgxVOiD posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:01 4 4
I don't think this will be alive after 1 drop. Also, the pattern on the front and back looks like the Xperia ZL's back (Black version of course)
14. maccess posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:04 2 6
and the pattern of xperia zl back looks like the patern from galaxy s2 back if i may say... so what's your reason??
147. WHoyton1 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:10 0 0
Types so that's why the s3 survived more than the aluminium iphone5
12. chocolatebear76 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:03 1 0
This seems to be legit,but nothing wow about this phone,samsung you can do better in design than this,i'm not move at all
43. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:48 3 2
im sure the designers said-
"hey get me the plans for the Galaxy S and the S3 " and drew something up and went for lunch
46. pwnarena posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:51 2 0
as long as the software compensates, it should be okay. however, it's really not that easy to shrug off that ugliness. why can't samsung come up with better designs? that really looks like a china made s3 clonde.
82. urtard (banned) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 06:10 1 1
"why can't samsung come up with better designs?"
every time they do, apple will say they copied
13. ama3654 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:04 1 2
I like it as long as it has the best internals and software, the external is just practical, i can remove and swap my battery/sd-card any time i like, unlike uni bodies for aesthetics only
15. Katrina posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:04 4 11
LEAKS OF 2H SONY XPERIAS by randomuser and dacha (been very accurate over the years)
3 Snapdragon 800 phones in H2
6.44 inches Phablet (expected in June)
2 or 4 GB of RAM
32GB of storage capacity
Dogo (xperia x?)
5" full HD display
Smaller than ZL
5" full HD
all will have
- Triluminos Display
- BIONZ Engine
- X-Reality Engine
sorry sammy, this year is just not yours :(
16. maccess posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:06 6 1
just wait and see the number of the sales then you can talk..
47. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:52 9 5
i Toyota sells more cars than BMW , but that doesn't mean that Toyota can match the quality and designing of BMW
51. maccess posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:58 6 2
toyota has lexus brand for their high end car that can compete the quality and the design of bmw or mercedes..
53. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 11 Mar 2013, 04:59 1 7
but still "Its a Lexus"
56. maccess posted on 11 Mar 2013, 05:02 4 2
but still "lexus" won't be exist without toyota..