Samsung GT-I9500 scores highest Browsermark 2.0 score
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 01:47 posted on
The Samsung GT-I9500, which is supposedly the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S IV, has scored the highest on the Browsermark 2.0 benchmark test, beating out some of the biggest superstars in the smartphone world like the LG Optimus G, HTC One, Oppo Find 5 and even the Sony Xperia Z not to mention the Samsung Galaxy S III...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. blahUNimpressed (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
meh the BEAST is NOT coming and even if it did it will not live long. OCing the snapdragon 600 to its limits won't do it good for very long especially when the snapdragon 800 is coming out 2 months after the s4 release. Also let's not forget the IPHONE and its quad core cpu + rouge or powervr 554 gpu which is going to dominate the gpu side for this year. There is no way this stray dog will hold the title for long... consider it beat. BWAHAHA
22. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nobody is sure about snapdragon 600 being used in s4. Samsung knows snapdragon 800 will be out soon and s4 is the flagship for the year so most probably It'll be exynos 5 octa in the international version and snapdragon 600 in us version
25. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
But most of nerds who like boasting about specs are in the US, so their version of the S4 will get beat pretty by apple or T4.
43. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
That's true. People who reside in US might need to get an unlocked s4
26. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1317; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Those scores belong to and Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 at 1.9 MHz instead the 1.7 MHz in the HTC one. It's merely 10% higher.
Exyons Octa has 4 A15 and the score should be much higher in that case.
So for the leaked benchmarks is in all of them clear. If they use the Octa kudos to them for keeping it so secret, as not even ONE benchmark has leaked out.
33. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
True this one is running on qc snapdragon 600. As they are keeping octa as secret.
11. MrJerry (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
The king will be back soon...
The rest, be ready to bend over...
17. zippolite28 (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
it is always there next again some other King will be back :P
3. ama3654 (Posts: 290; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Signs of huge things to come, please blow every benchmark out of the water
7. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1007; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
It most likely will top most of the benchmarks, but this still doesn't prove whether the phone has the Exynos Octa or Snapdragon 600 in it. Remember, there were rumors that pointed to a 1.9 Ghz Snapdragon 600 processor which would put it above the HTC One and LG Optimus G's 1.7 Ghz clock speed. This could possibly give it the edge in benchmarks such as this, so that's why I am saying for right now it is inconclusive which CPU we are seeing.
42. medicci37 (Posts: 1042; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Tyler is right. It's the 600. If it was the Exynos, the benchmarks would be much higher.
5. techspace (Posts: 889; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
samsung galaxy s4 is the most anticipated android phone in the world, we all know that the s4 will have good specs and it will be very fast, i hope the s4 will look better than the s3, i hope that its made of aluminium, removable battery and sd card slot are really important, but if the ativ can be made with aluminium, then the s4 should be made with aluminium as well
35. redmd (Posts: 1026; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
the ativ is made of plastic which looks like brushed aluminum. it seems the design got you.
46. techspace (Posts: 889; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Yes, the ativ isn't made of aluminum like the apple products or the new htc one, but I still don't think that it's made of plastic, but it feels better and richer than the s3.....I would like that material or coating on the s4 if we don't get anodized aluminum
47. techspace (Posts: 889; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Actually you are right, it's pure plastic which looks like aluminum, it still looks better than plastic because of that colour, but lets hope that s4 is made of aluminum, or at least with that virtual aluminum on the Ativ lol....
6. jonartpop (Posts: 167; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Better than Xperia Z and HTC One I knew it.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Game On...March 14...Coming Soon...This is just a small trailer.. ;)
12. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
GS4 will come and beat every flagship phone again like GS3 >.<
13. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
benchmark? how about the design? its too big for a smarthpone and too small for a phablet.. 4,2-4,7'is still the perfect size for a smartphone. look at htc LG BB and sony's designs,. samsung is just lucky to build a name. quality wise,samsung is a no no. thats a fact. and dont ever compare it with apple's quality.coz ya'll know the answer.
19. tedkord (Posts: 7214; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Sorry about your tiny hands. The SGS3 is the prefect size for my hands.
39. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yea they were first to release bendable phones that will be scratched out of the box...
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1389; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Somehow, I wish the S4 would be a flop, because if even the rumors and leaks are this awesome, it probably means I'll have to shell out money to buy it to replace my S3...
Gee, this must be how Apple fans feel all the time...No wonder Apple has their current release strategy...
15. exynos5 (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
If its octa core then not impressed....it might be 600 because see the difference between one , optimus and samsung , the increase is around 200 which can be attributed to overclock and also software optimization..
21. nikenturd (unregistered)
Wow ...dont you think that plastic back has some sense of purpose or something? yeah you are right, flexible back means it can accomodate removable batteries better than aluminium ones, plus it is more effective at absorbing any form of shock....Plastic back with removable batteries anyday over over fixed aluminium ones
23. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
You are a rude guy sir. That's my standard and you have to respect it. I have nothing against plastics, I only said that "If it's plastic again I won't buy." then here you are saying blah blah blah!! Get a life!
20. nikenturd (unregistered)
For a while I thought this thread will be peppered by comments from Tegcrap 4 fanbois...
27. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
How about some thumbs up for a 2nd place LG Optimus G, beating the Sony Z and HTC One.
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Not very impressive considering the Snapdragon 600 improves on the S4 Pro by 50%, and the 800 will probably double that. This is probably the Octa performing and I think as far as user experience goes, it'll be fast enough, but far more concerning is the GPU they choose. The Adreno 320 is one beast and would not be surprised the US version handily beating the International in most tests.
But in the end, as long as all videos and games run smoothly, the real take it or leave it will be the user experience, and Samsung is the best on that front right now.
30. mydi.maus (unregistered)
looked at the graph ,whos that at the way bottom its GS3 even the nexus 4 beats it.
31. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
oldest smartphone out of the bunch is gs3..
56. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
nexus 4 will look like a dumb device if gs3 beats it.. you know... gs3 is a much older device with just 1gb of ram and an older exynos chip..
34. inertiatic (Posts: 31; Member since: 29 May 2012)
LG Optimus G with 1.5 ghz s4 pro beats HTC one with snapdragon 600 and nexus 4 with same s4 pro? Or is it supposed to be Optimus G pro?
40. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..you are right.
This benchmark is more about software /browser optimization, than the raw processing power.
The best benchmarks are Antutu (overall), Geekbench(CPU), and GLBenchmark (GPU)
41. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Browsermark measures the performance of the browser youre testing it on. Samsung has a great stock browser. LG does as well. Not all browsers are created equal.
37. Shubham412302 (Posts: 338; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
it's just 2k above optimus g
I think samsung should think of that. it can be broken easily.
53. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
well.. samsung doesn't have to worry about that. benchmark scores can easily be topped but the user experience, tons of features and software updates will keep consumers to come back for more..
38. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
And the difference in day to day use will be? Yeah no difference. Any device running on an S4 Pro already never lags and launch times are basically instant.
Take these new super processors and underclock them for battery savings. Measuring raw performance in bemchmarks is completely pointless from now on.
44. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Not impressive the new Lg optimus phone should easily be better.
55. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
you'll be impressed on how often lg updates its flagship devices... optimus 2x anyone??
45. DanishDynamite (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Hahahahahaha, the Lumia 820 beats the living crap out of the S III :D didn't see that one coming? But anyways, nice score. I don't know if I'm buying this, HTC One or X Phone :)
50. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Skipping snapdragon 600/800, I want a phone with a tegra 4.
57. _PHug_ (Posts: 421; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The comical thing is, important things like processing power, functionality and utility mean nothing to the millions of Samsung haters.
I didn't bother reading the comments for this article but I'm sure there is at least 1 idiot commenting that he/she wants a phone that looks good, even when the "better looking" phone is inferior.
Your phone will spend it's entire existence doing one of the following.
A. in you pocket/purse, where you can't see it.
B. On your ear, where you can't see it.
C. Charging while you are either sleeping or doing something else like driving or working.
D. In use where you will be inputting/receiving data from the screen, which are all rectangles with light emitting from them.
In all of the above activities your phone's looks won't do a damn thing.
58. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Millions of Samsung Haters? Sorry buddy Sammy is the new Apple. Its hip to have an S3 right now. And it doesnt have a thing to do with its processing power, functionality and utility.
60. kobainez (Posts: 378; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Samsung won't sell 100 milion unit this year because of SONY. TRUST ME
61. Diego! (Posts: 534; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Specifications are now confirmed! Octa processor! :D